2016 Season Thread

JC

Yikes. 

Will this thread break 5 pages?  Will I watch more Dragons or Reds this year?  Scary.

It may get off to a good start if they suck less than the phillies and win the opening series. The opening day game could be like the South Park baseball episode.

Thrillist did a snarky list of baseball's worst fans:

11. Cincinnati Reds

Most fanbases will at least eventually come to grips with it when one of their heroes reveals himself to be objectively awful, but the average Reds fan will still staunchly defend Pete Rose to you in a lengthy rant replete with pungent cinnamon-scented chili breath and a random aside that makes you pause and say, "wait wasn't that kind of racist," followed by another one where you’re like, "oh wow yes that was definitely super racist." Then while you're taken aback they'll switch gears and talk about how Joey Votto sucks because he’s not "clutch" enough even though he's objectively their best player by like 15 orders of magnitude. If only Billy Hamilton didn't hit like the bad, pop-up-happy early version of Willie Mays Hayes.

Cleveland's is pretty good as well:

10. Cleveland Indians

The collective misery of the Indians franchise was already immortalized in one of the finest baseball films ever -- in 1989. Since then, as expected, nothing but terrible things have happened to not just the Indians, but the city of Cleveland at large (note: don't bring up Jose Mesa). Although to be fair, the franchise only gets a pass for rocking the most offensive logo in sports because a certain football team in Washington is proudly defending a straight-up racial slur. You'd think a team that hasn’t had anything good happen since Bob Feller was pitching might be down to pursue some good karma, but no, so much as suggest a change and they flip out. So on the one hand, you could feel bad for their sometimes petulant fanbase given all the suffering. On the other hand... naaah.

https://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/major-league-baseballs-worst-fans-worst-fans-in-mlb

This is the first year in a while I did not get the MLB package, so I doubt I will be posting much in this thread.

Losses over/under 99.5 (me, not Vegas, no idea what they think).  You take the over or the under?

This is the first year in a while I did not get the MLB package, so I doubt I will be posting much in this thread.

Losses over/under 99.5 (me, not Vegas, no idea what they think).  You take the over or the under?

The books here are giving them 71 wins, so I'll take the under.

Odds Price will be fired at the All Star break?

The books here are giving them 71 wins, so I'll take the under.

Odds Price will be fired at the All Star break?

I doubt it unless there is a huge outcry, or they are just completely awful.  They know they are rebuilding, and the future will depend largely on the young pitchers developing.  For that reason I think they will be pretty patient with him.

How long will JJ Hoover be the closer? He was always decent with a comfortable lead, but I don't see him having a lot of success closing 1 run games.

I thought that was going to be Simon's role.  IDK what's going on, it's all very confusing & I can't be pissed to find out.

Keep winning games & I will learn who is who.

Archived