2016 Season Thread

JC

The stable of young pitchers we have is pretty encouraging.  If they do this right, they could probably turn it around fairly quick.  For whatever reason, they are playing Jose Peraza (guy we got for Toddfather) at SS even though we currently have a trillion of those.  I thought the reason they were trying to trade Brandon was due to the fact he was blocking him.

So maybe we will end up screwing this up.

The stable of young pitchers we have is pretty encouraging.  If they do this right, they could probably turn it around fairly quick.  For whatever reason, they are playing Jose Peraza (guy we got for Toddfather) at SS even though we currently have a trillion of those.  I thought the reason they were trying to trade Brandon was due to the fact he was blocking him.

So maybe we will end up screwing this up.

Garbage bullpen & streaky bats.  It was a problem before they traded away half the team.

Picoro was interviewing Bruce. Bruce looked pissed. Picoro brought up how the pundits aren't expecting much from them yet they're 5-1. Bruce wasn't having it. He went off about them not caring less about what they're saying. The chip on their shoulder couldn't hurt.

Have to say,  hell of a first week,  5-1 record, including a series win vs the Pirates, and it seems that we may have the young talent that is finally starting to sprout.    Mind you, I know it's just 6 games out of 162, not to mention the other opponent were the Phillies (which is pretty much a dumpster fire, ironically just like us),  but it does give some thing to smile about, especially since we know pretty much the Bengals can take care of themselves (The pundits can bitch all they want, but Cincy is one of the elite teams in the NFL, and it's been that way for a couple of years now.   Not to mention it takes some luck, sound scouting, not to mention good health.   You can't really luck into 5 (going on 6) straight playoff appearances with the same QB since he was a rookie.)

And looks like the Reds' road schedule starts in Wrigley Field.   Let's see if some of the stuff the boys showed last week returns this week.

Finnegan looked great last night against the Cubs in game one of the series at Wrigley.

The bullpen lost the game for the Reds and is clearly the weak link on this team. Cingrani looked like he shouldn't even be on a Major League roster.

If they got more stud pitchers sitting in AAA or AA they need to go on and bring them up and put them in the bullpen. The time to win is now not five years from now.

from 5-1 to 5-7....damn,  I know that we sucked, but really, getting swept by the Cubs and Cardinals???   The Cards, I can kinda get--Cincy has always had issues with St. Louis,  but the Cubs??   Can't even salvage one victory for the entire week?

Oi.

Well,  knew it's gonna be a bad season, but losing streaks like that is just pathetic.   It's painful to have to watch at all, even with the few times I'll see it.

Just got no-hit by Arrieta...   Is this going to be like one of the old shitty Bengals seasons, where every week they were on the wrong side of history with something like "Most Fumbles in a Game" or some other record level of suckage?

Just got no-hit by Arrieta...   Is this going to be like one of the old shitty Bengals seasons, where every week they were on the wrong side of history with something like "Most Fumbles in a Game" or some other record level of suckage?

How many no hit games are that much of a blowout? Generally, if a team is down duble-digit runs, they can usually get a couple of mop-up runs, let alone, hits. Disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived