2016 Season Thread

JC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JBandJoeyV said:

About as good as they were last year....(answer not very).

3 players don't make a team 25 games under 500 a 500 team.

Trading all 3 was the right call. 

I know Chapman was suspended to start the year, but if they just had him all year they would be a good deal better.  Didn't they lose a lot of games in the 8th or 9th with the bull pen?

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know Chapman was suspended to start the year, but if they just had him all year they would be a good deal better.  Didn't they lose a lot of games in the 8th or 9th with the bull pen?

Not enough to make a huge difference. This team would have been the same as the 2015 team with those guys and the 2015 team sucked.

8 hours ago, JBandJoeyV said:

Not enough to make a huge difference. This team would have been the same as the 2015 team with those guys and the 2015 team sucked.

But Jay Bruce is hitting now, and we did not have Duvall all of last year, and Cozart is healthy and playing well.  Plus remove the worst pitcher in our rotation and replace him with Cueto.

We probably would not be contenders, but I don't think we would "suck".

5 hours ago, Jason said:

But Jay Bruce is hitting now, and we did not have Duvall all of last year, and Cozart is healthy and playing well.  Plus remove the worst pitcher in our rotation and replace him with Cueto.

You might be right. But there's no way those guys were staying long term so it was the right thing to do if not even a little too late.

time to get rid of Bruce while he's an all star and get solid value from him. Maybe cozart as well.

On 7/12/2016 at 7:46 AM, Jason said:

Which is even worse than just sucking.

On 7/15/2016 at 10:34 AM, Jamie_B said:

So when you have a fire sale arent you eventually supposed to come out of it better with some time?

How long do we have to wait before they dont suck?

The management on this team is embarrassing.

It hasn't even been 1 season. 

The farm really doesn't have much on it right now. A few top-100 prospects, but nothing incredibly promising. It's going to be awhile. Plus the Cubs are going to own the central for the next 5-6 seasons at minimum.

It's the brutal nature of being a fan of one of MLB's development (small market) teams. Build for 5-6 years so you get a window for 3, rinse and repeat. How I wish baseball was more like the NFL in structure.

I think the Yanks FINALLY realized you can't continue paying out massive long term contracts to free agents every year then trade away any good prospects you have.

Eventually it catches up with you and is the reason they haven't won anything in years. They'll be down for a few years trying to rebuild.

The Cubs are here to stay, they'll win the central for the foreseeable future. I don't really have a problem with them and actually hope they win it all this year. They deserve it.

17 hours ago, BengalRep85-9 said:

I think the Yanks FINALLY realized you can't continue paying out massive long term contracts to free agents every year then trade away any good prospects you have.

Eventually it catches up with you and is the reason they haven't won anything in years. They'll be down for a few years trying to rebuild.

The Cubs are here to stay, they'll win the central for the foreseeable future. I don't really have a problem with them and actually hope they win it all this year. They deserve it.

I already find Cubs fans (mostly) insufferable; if they win it all they'll become as bad as Red Sox fans... 

Archived