2016 Season Thread

JC

• 3 weeks later...

Almost over boys. We are actually on an impressive 4 game losing streak while ATL is on a 7 game winning streak putting us in contention for draft pick numero dos. Cross your fingers. We also have a shot of knocking the Cards out of the playoffs. Things are shaping up to be a win-win.

I hardly watch the Reds, since I see the Nationals more, but at least there's a silver lining for this season, well two:   The Cardinals are sitting at home just like us (same as the Yanks, but's that a different hate),  and that stupidly high draft pick.  And that it's over....  

I still think the Giants are gonna make a run and that starts with that NL Wild Card Game.   Sucks that Cueto left for the money, but can't blame him:  a $125 million (roughly if I remember correctly) to play for the Giants after winning a ring with the Royals,  and it seems that he's as good as he was in Cincinnati.    Plus, it's an even year, if you actually believe in that...

The Reds are stocking up the farm right now and have some really nice prospects including the second pick in last years draft. It played out perfect for them yesterday to get the second pick. They evidently get a much larger signing pool as well picking that low. I fully expect, with some luck from our prospect pitchers, for this team to be a WC contender in 2018.

• 4 weeks later...

Meh. 

The incessant Chicago ball-gargling has made watching the games insufferable.

{Pitch}

Camera pans to Cubs fan.

{Pitch}

OHMYGODITSBILLBURRAY!!!!

{Pitch}

Camera pans to Cubs fan.

{Manager Picks Nose}

OMYGODITSBILLMURRAY!!!!

{Pitch}

OHMYGODDIDYOUKNOWTHECUBSHAVENTBEENTOTHEWORLDSERIESINABILLIONYEARS?!??!?!?!!??!?!?!!?!?

Camera pans to Cubs fan.

{Pitch}

OMYGODITSBILLMURRAY!!!!!

Etc., Etc., 

Fuck Chapman and the Cubs. I sincerely hope they lost tonight, though my gut tells me I'm going to be subjected to "Nothing But Cubs" for the next 7 months. 

Also can't wait for Cubs fan to morph into the baseball version of Browns fan. :suicide: They're going to make Red Sox fans look tolerable... 

Archived