Rosenhaus: Johnny Manziel hasn’t made steps toward treatment

Montana Bengal

Rosenhaus: Johnny Manziel hasn’t made steps toward treatment

On Wednesday, agent Drew Rosenhaus said that he would terminate his working relationship with Johnny Manziel unless the erstwhile Browns quarterback took the “necessary steps” to get his life back on track over the next five days.

There’s still time left before that deadline, but Rosenhaus isn’t optimistic that Manziel will take his advice. Rosenhaus appeared as a guest onPFT Live with Mike Florio on Friday and said he doesn’t think he and Manziel are “on the same page” about what the quarterback needs to do in order to get himself moving in the right direction personally and professionally.

“Unfortunately there hasn’t been any movement toward getting help or seeking treatment that I’m aware of,” Rosenhaus said. “I’m trying diligently to recommend this to Johnny. I’m not the first one, certainly not the only one. There are a lot of friends and family and people that want the best for this young man. He’s got a plan, it’s just different than the one he and I talked about and what I would recommend to him.”

Assuming things don’t change and Rosenhaus moves on, it will make two agents that have opted not to continue working with Manziel this offseason. The Browns made the same choice, of course, and it continues to seem clear that Manziel’s football future is nothing more than a hypothetical until he starts making different decisions away from the field.

Yikes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/04/15/johnny-manziel-slapped-with-32000-bill-after-trashing-rental-house/

Johnny Manziel slapped with $32,000 bill after trashing rental house

Johnny Manziel’s increasingly blurry time in Los Angeles is coming into clearer focus, as Page Six is reporting that the wayward former Cleveland Browns quarterback is being accused of completely trashing a luxury house rental over a two-day period last week, causing $32,000 in damage.

Manziel and a friend rented the $4.5 million house for two days last week, Page Six reports, but when the real estate broker who negotiated the deal showed up at 2 p.m. one afternoon last week to check on the property, he found Manziel passed out on the couch amid signs of some serious and perhaps troubling merry-making.

“They were supposed to check out at noon. Manziel was passed out,” Nicholas Goodwin told Page Six, also supplying the gossip column with photos of the alleged damage. “There was cocaine all over the kitchen table, and [illegal psychedelic] mushrooms were still out on the table in front of him. There was booze everywhere . . . broken glasses over the floor and a Champagne glass in a tree.

“If they don’t respond to our demand for compensation, we will sue.”

Goodwin’s lawyer told Page Six that the party got so out of hand on April 6 that the LAPD was called.

It’s been an eventful week for Manziel, who was cut earlier this year by the Browns after two mostly terrible seasons. He was the passenger in a car that slammed into a pole on the Sunset Strip on Saturday night, and from the photos TMZ obtained he’s seemingly lucky that he escaped unhurt.

Manziel isn’t expected to be charged in the crash, though the driver — Drake lickspittle Ryan Silverstein — is being investigated for hit and run.

On Wednesday, recently hired agent Drew Rosenhaus told ESPN’s Adam Schefter that he’d be dropping Manziel as a client unless he seeks “treatment” within five days.

“I have terminated the standard representation with Johnny Manziel in the hopes of helping him get the treatment I believe he needs,” Rosenhaus said, via Schefter. “I have informed him that if he takes the immediate steps I have outlined for him that I will rescind the termination and continue to represent him. Otherwise the termination will become permanent. There is a five-day window for me to rescind the termination. I’m hoping he takes the necessary steps to get his life back on track.”

Rosenhaus told “PFT Live” on Friday that Manziel has yet to seek any treatment and that he doesn’t think he and Manziel are “on the same page” about his future.

“Unfortunately there hasn’t been any movement toward getting help or seeking treatment that I’m aware of,” Rosenhaus said. “I’m trying diligently to recommend this to Johnny. I’m not the first one, certainly not the only one. There are a lot of friends and family and people that want the best for this young man. He’s got a plan, it’s just different than the one he and I talked about and what I would recommend to him.”

Archived