I'm just not sure that getting a guy better hands is something you can coach up. Last thing we need is a guy who drops the ball more than he should.

Hands aren't his issue, it's concentration (according to me ND fan friend).  And that can be fixed.

Hands aren't his issue, it's concentration (according to me ND fan friend).  And that can be fixed.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/will-fuller?id=2555346

Bottom Line

Fuller doesn't check all the boxes with his slight frame, below average hands and limitations with his game-­by­-game production, but he possesses the coveted ability to hit the big play and score touchdowns. My grade might be higher than some, but Fuller has the type of functional speed that can win deep and free teammates up in the intermediate passing game. Look for Fuller to come in and contribute early on as a third receiver.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/will-fuller?id=2555346

Bottom Line

Fuller doesn't check all the boxes with his slight frame, below average hands and limitations with his game-­by­-game production, but he possesses the coveted ability to hit the big play and score touchdowns. My grade might be higher than some, but Fuller has the type of functional speed that can win deep and free teammates up in the intermediate passing game. Look for Fuller to come in and contribute early on as a third receiver.

He also has very small hands. That isn't ever a good combination with a drops issue.

Jerome Simpson had large hands had that work out.  Are you guys going off the game tape or draft profiles?  I saw every game last year and don't recall his hands as an issue.   He reminds me of a more explosive Ted Ginn or Wallace with a better head on his shoulders. He was the star at the combine and didn't drop a single pass.  I'd be cool with him but wouldn't mind Doctson,  Treadwell or Coleman.  

Jerome Simpson had large hands had that work out.  Are you guys going off the game tape or draft profiles?  I saw every game last year and don't recall his hands as an issue.   He reminds me of a more explosive Ted Ginn or Wallace with a better head on his shoulders. He was the star at the combine and didn't drop a single pass.  I'd be cool with him but wouldn't mind Doctson,  Treadwell or Coleman.  

This. He isn't my first choice of the wide receivers, but he wouldn't be a bad pick and his addition would open things up for other guys perhaps more than any other player we could draft and maybe do the most to raise the entire offense up a notch. 

He did have some drops where he started to run before he caught the ball, but the guy had 138 catches and 29 TDs over the last two seasons. That's a big number for a college player in a pro-style offense against a tough schedule. Every big game ND had in 2015 (exception Clemson v. Alexander w/ safety help in a rain storm), he showed up in a big way:

(catches-yards-touchdowns)

6-113-1 vs. Ohio State

6-136-1 at Stanford

7-152-3 at Pitt

3-131-1 vs. USC

6-131-1 vs. Georgia Tech

5-124-2 at Virginia

7-142-2 vs. Texas

If you can't at least see some of the appeal in a guy who runs a legit 4.3 and put up those numbers against those teams...

He's always had an issue with drops. He's not a volume receiver so his drops are a big problem because he isn't going to get 10 catches a game. Not to mention he's not really an option to run over the middle.

I think he is a terrible fit here. And I love Dalton, but of all of the throws his deep ball accuracy is the weakest (though it has improved each year) Fuller lives on the deep ball. Seems dumb to waste a pick on a guy that doesn't fit our QBs strengths, isn't a tough guy that can go deep and over the middle (not a good fit for AFCN) and has drop concerns. I'd rather get a WR who can go inside and out and is bigger and more physical for the deep ball throws.

Hargreaves failed a drug test. I think he's definitely slipping down board due to size already.  Could be w first round corner target.

I saw somewhere, I think it was profootballtalk.com at Hargreaves failing a drug test was a hoax.  Apparently the

media fell for another fake twitter account report.  lol  

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/22/reports-of-failed-test-by-vernon-hargreaves-were-phony/

This. He isn't my first choice of the wide receivers, but he wouldn't be a bad pick and his addition would open things up for other guys perhaps more than any other player we could draft and maybe do the most to raise the entire offense up a notch. 

He did have some drops where he started to run before he caught the ball, but the guy had 138 catches and 29 TDs over the last two seasons. That's a big number for a college player in a pro-style offense against a tough schedule. Every big game ND had in 2015 (exception Clemson v. Alexander w/ safety help in a rain storm), he showed up in a big way:

(catches-yards-touchdowns)

6-113-1 vs. Ohio State

6-136-1 at Stanford

7-152-3 at Pitt

3-131-1 vs. USC

6-131-1 vs. Georgia Tech

5-124-2 at Virginia

7-142-2 vs. Texas

If you can't at least see some of the appeal in a guy who runs a legit 4.3 and put up those numbers against those teams...

This! They need someone who is fast opposite Green.If Doctson,Coleman and Treadwell sre gone,Fuller would be a good choice.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Shepard go before Treadwell and Fuller.  Media mocks have underrated Shepard.  

That's a rather bold statement, yet one I agree with. I don't think he'll climb into the 1st round, but he's definitely been undervalued. I believe those folks that are expecting to hopefully grab him at #55 are going to be surprised they were so far off. I think we could trade back to the #40-45 area and have a good chance at grabbing him so that's about where I'd equate his value.

Just listened to this again, and Lapham is all about Coleman and Fuller as the dream picks in round 1. 

I don't think Coleman makes it to 24, so my money is on Fuller being the Bengals pick at #24. 

Going to be some pissed off go-bengals fans because almost nobody seems to like him for whatever reason. 

I think Fuller would be a decent pick...He seems like a decent kid and Notre Dame usually produces players with good character..He can learn how to run better routes and catch the ball better for sure.. You cannot teach speed..he is supposedly a decent blocker also...I would rather have Sterling Sheppard than any of these receivers though..

I think Fuller would be a decent pick...He seems like a decent kid and Notre Dame usually produces players with good character..He can learn how to run better routes and catch the ball better for sure.. You cannot teach speed..he is supposedly a decent blocker also...I would rather have Sterling Sheppard than any of these receivers though..

Hmmm I think Fuller is the best route runner of the top guys. Can cut on a dime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bengals have earned the benefit of the doubt on WRs as they have done well selecting WR in the past several years (Green, Sanu, Jones), but I am going to have a hard time talking myself into liking Fuller as a first round pick.  He just doesn't fit Dalton.  He would be okay with a QB like Roethlisberger that throws a huge deep bomb.  Would much rather see Sterling Shepard be the pick if Doctson is gone.  Or just go with a defensive player.  

Treadwell all the way. Better playing speed than his 40 time big strong not afraid to block runs good routes sets up his defender nicely good enough hands. Has that next gear when ball goes in the air akin to T.O. he can be our T.J to A.J. as T.J. was to C. Johnson. Would be good with throwing fades to him or back shoulders and letting him big boy dbs. In my opinion he fits Cincy better than any of the other wrs in the draft without question. Him and Eifert as 2/3 options to keep chains moving while still having to respect them as viable deep threats along with AJ always being a big threat to go over the top is a great situation to be in for Dalton and the rest of the offense. It's what would be ideal in my opinion anyway. 

Treadwell all the way. Better playing speed than his 40 time big strong not afraid to block runs good routes sets up his defender nicely good enough hands. Has that next gear when ball goes in the air akin to T.O. he can be our T.J to A.J. as T.J. was to C. Johnson. Would be good with throwing fades to him or back shoulders and letting him big boy dbs. In my opinion he fits Cincy better than any of the other wrs in the draft without question. Him and Eifert as 2/3 options to keep chains moving while still having to respect them as viable deep threats along with AJ always being a big threat to go over the top is a great situation to be in for Dalton and the rest of the offense. It's what would be ideal in my opinion anyway. 

I'm not sure that I agree that Treadwell has better playing speed than his 40 time.  He is a great player, but he doesn't look very fast on the field.  I think that is why he has so many great highlight contested catches.  He doesn't get much separation unless there is blown coverage.  His speed is a serious concern.  

Archived