17. Falcons – DT Sheldon Rankins

18. Colts – OLB Darron Lee

19. Bills – DT A'Shawn Robinson

20. Jets – QB Paxton Lynch

21. Redskins – WR Laquon Treadwell

22. Texans – WR Josh Doctson

23. Vikings – DT Robert Nkemdiche

24. Bengals – WR Corey Coleman

Of note, this is what I think will happen, not what I think should happen. For instance, I think Goff will be a bust, but I believe Wentz will be an All Pro eventually, so I'd take him first over Goff, but I think the Rams will screw it up and go for the in-state pick.

1. Rams –  QB Jared Goff

2. Eagles – QB Carson Wentz

3. Chargers – T Laremy Tunsil

4. Cowboys – S/CB Jalen Ramsey

5.  Jaguars – LB Myles Jack

6. Ravens – DE Joey Bosa

7. 49ers – DE DeForest Buckner

8. Browns – RB Ezekiel Elliott

9. Buccaneers – DE Leonard Floyd

10. Giants – CB Vernon Hargraeves

11. Bears – DE Shaq Lawson

12.  Saints – DT A'Shawn Robinson

13. Dolphins – CB Eli Apple

14. Raiders –  DT Vernon Butler

15. Titans – T Ronnie Stanley

16. Lions – DE Jarren Reed

17. Falcons – LB Darron Lee

18. Colts – T Taylor Decker

19. Bills – LB Reggie Ragland

20. Jets – QB Paxton Lynch

21. Redskins – DT Andrew Billings

22. Texans – WR Will Fuller

23. Vikings – WR Laquon Treadwell

24. Bengals – WR Josh Doctson

25. Squeelers - K Austin Lopez

This sounds dumb, but when the draft was on Saturday I use to throw a party where a bunch of guys would come over and drink and eat all day. We would have our own mock drafts and sit and watch the draft together. We got a first and second pick for each slot. You got 2 points if your first pick was right and 1 point if your second pick was right. Also, you picked the slot not the team....

......I miss those days. I think they kinda of ruined the draft by spreading it out over more days and having the first round on a weekday.

This sounds dumb, but when the draft was on Saturday I use to throw a party where a bunch of guys would come over and drink and eat all day. We would have our own mock drafts and sit and watch the draft together. We got a first and second pick for each slot. You got 2 points if your first pick was right and 1 point if your second pick was right. Also, you picked the slot not the team....

......I miss those days. I think they kinda of ruined the draft by spreading it out over more days and having the first round on a weekday.

I don't think it sounds dumb, I agree. I never had or went to a draft party. But I think it was a lot cooler when it was 2 days. Like you said, the most important days of the draft now fall on a work/school night. I think they really screwed it up just trying to get that extra day of TV money. Draft parties were a big deal to a lot of people and really helped drive the event.

The old format allowed for a Draft Weekend all day Saturday and Sunday ... now, you have shorter 'draft nights'. I am sure it helps primetime ratings, but it isn't better for the die hard fans who like spending a whole weekend engrossed in the draft. 

It doesn't sound dumb to me either.I liked it better on the weekend also.The move to prime time was all about more money for the nfl owners.

It works better for parents that have kids sports on Saturday. At least for the first two rounds. Still usually have to track most of the Saturday picks on my phone. My son's game is at 8 pm this Saturday, so I should be in good shape this year.

Archived