Chris Jones DT

Austin Johnson DT

Jonathan Bullard DT/DE

Nick Martin C

Maliek Watson DT

Carl Nassib DE

My DAY 2 WISHLIST (in order)

DT Ashawn Robinson         6'4, 307, Alabama   

DT Chris Jones                     6'6, 310, Miss St.   

WR Sterling Shepherd        5'10, 194, Oklahoma   

DE Emmanuel Ogbah         6'4, 273, Okla St.   

DE Carl Nassib                     6'7, 277, Penn St.   

OLB Eric Striker                   5'11, 227, Oklahoma 

FS Miles Killebrew              6'2, 217, S.Utah  

FS Jeremy Cash                   6'0, 212, Duke  

WR Pharoh Cooper            5'11, 203, S. Carolina

TE Tyler Higbee                  6'6, 249, W. Kentucky   

TE Jerell Adams                  6'5, 247, S. Carolina

DE Shawn Oakman            6'8, 287, Baylor   

DE Charles Tapper             6'3, 271, Oklahoma   

C Graham Glasgow           6'6, 307, Michigan 

K Roberto Aguayo             6'0, 207, Florida St.    

Medical Risks (but worth the risk)

OLB Jaylon Smith                6'2, 223, Notre Dame     

OLB Myles Jack                   6'1, 245, UCLA

MLB Reggie Ragland           6'1, 247, Alabama   

In no particular order....

Braxton MIller WR

Michael Thomas WR

Tyler Boyd WR

A'Shawn Robinson DT

Jarran Reed DT

Andrew Billings DT

Ryan Kelly C

Vonn Bell S

TJ Green S

Myles Jack LB

Kevin Dodd DE

Reggie Ragland LB

Joshua Perry LB

Chris Jones DT

Austin Johnson DT

Jonathan Bullard DT/DE

Nick Martin C

Maliek Watson DT

Carl Nassib DE

He's a Colt now. 

I know we need a receiver in the worst way, but there are some absolute defensive studs still left.  If we got Ragland/Reed/Jack/Bullard/Smith over one of the receivers, I would have no qualms waiting until the 3rd and getting a young guy to groom.  Have to think post-June cuts will put another decent receiver out there.  

Hobson makes it sound like WR will be next, though.  I'll be curious to see where they go with that.  Braxton is intriguing, but they kind of need a guy who can step in and give them quality snaps in September.  

I know we need a receiver in the worst way, but there are some absolute defensive studs still left.  If we got Ragland/Reed/Jack/Bullard/Smith over one of the receivers, I would have no qualms waiting until the 3rd and getting a young guy to groom.  Have to think post-June cuts will put another decent receiver out there.  

Hobson makes it sound like WR will be next, though.  I'll be curious to see where they go with that.  Braxton is intriguing, but they kind of need a guy who can step in and give them quality snaps in September.  

Yeah, can't see it being Braxton with the immediate need. 

Michael Thomas, Tyler Boyd, Sterling Shepard and Leonte Carroo seem like the 4 guys who would make sense at 55 if any of them make it to our pick. Carroo is arguably a bit of a reach there, but I'm not buying that the Bengals can just go BPA and wait forever to get a WR. 

Lots of good DTs out there - Billings, Reed, Robinson... One I could see is Chris Jones. They worked him out and he's got a lot of size and talent. He's built similarly to Jordan Phillips, who they reportedly wanted last year before Miami grabbed him just ahead of them.

Another WR is really like is Pharoah Cooper. He can do a lot of things - I was surprised he didn't time faster because he made a lot of big plays at South Carolina. He's thickly built, and he can go deep or go across the middle. He's played some RB so he's good in the open field. Has good hands, and he's quick. Won't take the top off a D with his speed but he's a playmaker. 

Edit: keep forgetting about Bullard. He's a versatile guy who plays hard. Like his game. 

Lots of good DTs out there - Billings, Reed, Robinson... One I could see is Chris Jones. They worked him out and he's got a lot of size and talent. He's built similarly to Jordan Phillips, who they reportedly wanted last year before Miami grabbed him just ahead of them.

Another WR is really like is Pharoah Cooper. He can do a lot of things - I was surprised he didn't time faster because he made a lot of big plays at South Carolina. He's thickly built, and he can go deep or go across the middle. He's played some RB so he's good in the open field. Has good hands, and he's quick. Won't take the top off a D with his speed but he's a playmaker. 

Edit: keep forgetting about Bullard. He's a versatile guy who plays hard. Like his game. 

There really are a lot of good players still left. The D Line depth is especially impressive and a whole lot of those guys made it into round 2. Definitely agree that the Bengals could be high on Jones. Just seems like their kind of pick. He's boom/bust, but if he hits you could get a star like with Dunlap in round 2. 

Speaking of the draft depth, I can see why Cleveland was so gung ho about trading down and trying to accumulate top 100 picks. Hue could have them back and competing pretty quickly if they don't blow their draft picks like they normally do.

There really are a lot of good players still left. The D Line depth is especially impressive and a whole lot of those guys made it into round 2. Definitely agree that the Bengals could be high on Jones. Just seems like their kind of pick. He's boom/bust, but if he hits you could get a star like with Dunlap in round 2. 

Speaking of the draft depth, I can see why Cleveland was so gung ho about trading down and trying to accumulate top 100 picks. Hue could have them back and competing pretty quickly if they don't blow their draft picks like they normally do.

Unfortunately, they're already off to a pretty bad start.

This is one of very few posts supporting Pharoah. I would be very content with shoring up the D again at 55 and getting him in the 3rd or better yet if he falls to 4th.

Unfortunately, they're already off to a pretty bad start.

I hate the Coleman pick for them.  For a guy to be rumored to need some help off the field being paired up with another Baylor receiver that needs a TON of help off the field, it spells chaotic disaster.

I hate the Coleman pick for them.  For a guy to be rumored to need some help off the field being paired up with another Baylor receiver that needs a TON of help off the field, it spells chaotic disaster.

The thing is, at best Coleman is just a complementary player on a team where he has no one complement.  I get it the Browns need somewhere around 53 new players, but at some point in time you have to start selecting premiere football players to build your team around.

I know a lot of people want us to get impact players that will help us win now, and I agree.  However, I think we should pull the trigger on drafting Jaylon Smith in the 2nd.  This is truly a boom or bust situation, but if we boom...we boom. If we bust, we're still a 10 win team.  We're one of the few teams that don't have a glaring need an regardless of who we draft in the 2nd round, they probably won't have a huge impact. If we draft a WR they will probably be the 3rd or 4th option in the offense and that would be our biggest impact in this draft.  Jaylon Smith or Miles Jack (though I doubt he'll still be on the board) in the 2nd!

Something to watch in regards to receiver is Washington's situation.  They now have Doctson and Crowder as their young fellas.  They also have DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon, and Andre Roberts.  If Garcon or Jackson get dropped and the price is right, we could be in the market.  They have a couple of athletic tight ends as well.  Someone is getting dropped from that team.

Archived