Telcoms companies try to rescue TV by imposing Internet usage caps on cord-cutters

http://boingboing.net/2016/05/13/telcoms-companies-try-to-rescu.html

What do you do if you're a giant corporation devoted to selling people huge, $100/month bundles of TV channels they don't want anymore, but you also have a monopoly on selling high-speed Internet access, which they want very badly?

You take away unlimited Internet access from your Internet-only customers, and tell them they have to buy that TV package if they want it back!

ISPs Are Now Forcing Cord Cutters To Subscribe To TV If They Want To Avoid Usage Caps [Karl Bode/Techdirt]

yea im using a TB of data each month. comcast has suspended their 250GB cap, its been "suspended" for 5 years...

i am lucky yo have employee discount from a guy who USED to work there. when this offer runs out im screwed.. i need anew comcast friend..

Cox has a 700 gig cap on our plan that I rarely ever approach, except when I get a new computer and have to synch my online backup, then I usually exceed 1 TB. Even then Cox will just send an FYI email...

Cox has a 700 gig cap on our plan that I rarely ever approach, except when I get a new computer and have to synch my online backup, then I usually exceed 1 TB. Even then Cox will just send an FYI email...

gotta back up that pron

Archived