OS X El Capitan

It's funny, but when I use these kinds of excuses for Windows machines (old hardware etc... ), the response I get from Apple fans is "That's why I always get Apple, it always just works"...

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

It's funny, but when I use these kinds of excuses for Windows machines (old hardware etc... ), the response I get from Apple fans is "That's why I always get Apple, it always just works"...

being too old to function ever and having a few hiccups at release are different things. No one has ever said apple has never had a hiccup upon a release. However the difference being, since the same company had made th software and the hardware in ALL cases, they actually give a shit and will address it. Vs windows where any asshole could have made the hardware in his grandmas basement, and microsoft doesnt give a shit if his pc with leopard computer case is now slow or not..

For example, when iOS 7 was released, it was compatible with the iphone 4, however it was a larger OS so it took up a few hundred more MB of data. so many user who were at 7/X of 8GB phone capacity suddenly had phones running slow and chewing through battery in a few hours as it was trying to process data with no available memory etc. so 2 weeks later apple release a copy of 7.0.1 strictly for the iphone 4 users that stripped awy a few things the phones couldnt do and tweeked it to accomodate that phones hardware specifically.

this is why apple has the highest adoption rate of current OS releases of every phone OS and computer OS in the world. This is why i use apple, the software and hardware are made for eachother. so the hassles are extremely minimal. no one said there are no hassles.

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

My circa 2008 MacBook Pro was running El Capitan just fine until I dumped a glass of wine on it. :glare:

And I've never gotten less than 8 years of useful service out of any of my Apple computers, though I find myself using Linux more often than not these days. I still use Apple Computers for the music and picture management, mainly because if I get hit by a bus, my wife needs to know WTF to do, lol. If it were just me I likely would have converted entirely to Linux years ago...

Archived