Bengals to work out Freeney

23 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

And it shouldn't happen either.

Dalton is most successful when he has reliable receivers running the right routes who are were they are supposed to be at the right times. A veteran like White-Boldin-Colston-Hartline-James Jones-Johnson and Greg Jennings are all slowing and not where they once were. But when your QB needs consistency, one of that bunch can provide it. I think it's a mistake to go with an unknown when there are so many options. 

6 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Dalton is most successful when he has reliable receivers running the right routes who are were they are supposed to be at the right times. A veteran like White-Boldin-Colston-Hartline-James Jones-Johnson and Greg Jennings are all slowing and not where they once were. But when your QB needs consistency, one of that bunch can provide it. I think it's a mistake to go with an unknown when there are so many options. 

None of them can get open for shit anymore. It is throwing passes and them using their bodies to wall off a defender. They are also all breaking down and are completely unreliable to play 16 games. I will take youth that can run and more reliable to be healthy than a bunch of has-beens that haven't smartened up enough to retire and save their bodies for retired life enjoyment.

And people give Jones/Sanu WAY too much credit and not Dalton enough. Dalton also did pretty decent with a pretty bad WR in Jerome Simpson and this Dalton is light years better than that years Dalton. Passing game doesn't concern me at all. Getting the running game reliable is what does. Specifically with Bodine, our WR's blocking on the outside, Hill's mental state and Gio being more explosive this year.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 6:01 PM, TimKrumrieFan said:

None of them can get open for shit anymore. It is throwing passes and them using their bodies to wall off a defender. They are also all breaking down and are completely unreliable to play 16 games. I will take youth that can run and more reliable to be healthy than a bunch of has-beens that haven't smartened up enough to retire and save their bodies for retired life enjoyment.

And people give Jones/Sanu WAY too much credit and not Dalton enough. Dalton also did pretty decent with a pretty bad WR in Jerome Simpson and this Dalton is light years better than that years Dalton. Passing game doesn't concern me at all. Getting the running game reliable is what does. Specifically with Bodine, our WR's blocking on the outside, Hill's mental state and Gio being more explosive this year.

I agree with you provided AJ Green stays healthy. The passing game in 2014 wasn't too bad when AJ was healthy. Sanu, Tate, Little, and Wright were the other WRs. Gresham was pretty much just running flat routes. Sanu was actually fine as a #2 but as a #1 he was reallly easy to shut down.

I think Marvin Jones was a #2 that had something to offer as a #1 if AJ went down. At least he could get open, and he had tremendous body control to make catches in coverage. Most of Sanu's catches last year were just holes in zone coverage. I think this year, with LaFell, Boyd, Eifert, and Kroft, we are in better shape than 2014 (although at this point in 2014 we also thought Marvin Jones was going to be fine).

I would say Andy, AJ, Geno, and Carlos are the 4 players we can't have getting injured. At any other position, we at least have a backup so that the drop-off shouldn't be too steep. Burfict is probably #5, although LB is a less important position in our defense.

31 minutes ago, SlantNGo said:

I agree with you provided AJ Green stays healthy. The passing game in 2014 wasn't too bad when AJ was healthy. Sanu, Tate, Little, and Wright were the other WRs. Gresham was pretty much just running flat routes. Sanu was actually fine as a #2 but as a #1 he was reallly easy to shut down.

I think Marvin Jones was a #2 that had something to offer as a #1 if AJ went down. At least he could get open, and he had tremendous body control to make catches in coverage. Most of Sanu's catches last year were just holes in zone coverage. I think this year, with LaFell, Boyd, Eifert, and Kroft, we are in better shape than 2014 (although at this point in 2014 we also thought Marvin Jones was going to be fine).

I would say Andy, AJ, Geno, and Carlos are the 4 players we can't have getting injured. At any other position, we at least have a backup so that the drop-off shouldn't be too steep. Burfict is probably #5, although LB is a less important position in our defense.

I think we are going to miss Jones, but should still be pretty good. We were 3rd in yards per attempt and +22 TD vs. INT last year. We were 15th in yards per attempt and only +3 in TDs vs. INTs in 2014.

I would guess we take a step back from 3rd but still have a top 10 offense in passing efficiency.

I can't explain how pissed I will be if this does not end up happening.

You wan't to solve this team's third down problem's? GET PRESSURE ON THE QB!!!!!!!

Freeney is a perfect fit for this team. Someone who could come in on third downs and force the QB out of his comfort zone.

But this is the Bengals and it feels like it makes too much sense to actually happen. 

On 5/28/2016 at 0:00 AM, MichaelWeston said:

As fans we are always over confident in our skill players. We are THIN at WR and TE right now. Completely raw outside of AJ Green. 

And they were last year too. Go to last year in offseason everyone bitched that we couldn't go into the season with Marvin Jones as our #2 because he was unproven and we were thin after AJ Green. Now all of a sudden Marvin Jones is a God amongst people on this board. The guy is an average WR who the star WR and QB made better. It'll happen again. They made Simpson look competent.

On 5/28/2016 at 2:25 PM, Madieu Superstar said:

I can't explain how pissed I will be if this does not end up happening.

You wan't to solve this team's third down problem's? GET PRESSURE ON THE QB!!!!!!!

Freeney is a perfect fit for this team. Someone who could come in on third downs and force the QB out of his comfort zone.

But this is the Bengals and it feels like it makes too much sense to actually happen. 

Well they offered him immediately. They can't force him to accept.

On 5/25/2016 at 6:51 PM, jhowdy54 said:

Freeney left cincy without a contract. Must not of liked what they seen. Still doesnt mean he wont sign. Dansby left too but ended up signing here. Think Freeney had plans to visit Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm thinking they liked...

http://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-Bengals-court-Freeney-Billings-signs/48421907-f177-4442-a22e-748da961f58e

Archived