Kicking up the stress...need some recommendations

So on top of all the other chaos happening in my world, my wife and I have decided to move to a new house.  The market here is crazy so building a home is actually cheaper at this point (At the moment we are furiously trying to purge crap from our house, clean, and finish project)…I guess I’m getting off topic.

Anyway – We will be picking up a new washer, dryer, and probably a water softener.  I’m wondering if any of you have had experience with water softeners (good/bad), where you got them, etc.  I course I’d love to hear suggestions on deals for all three.  We are looking at October for the move so I have some time.

I bought my water softener from a local company here in Cincy. It is pretty much required here on the westside of the city so they are good. The new style water softeners are insanely efficient and don't require much salt or maintenance at all. If you have a local plumbing supply store I'd check if they carry them, you can always get great prices there.

As for washer/dryer. I'd look for 4th of July deals (or Labor day since you have till October) since you just missed on the Memorial Day deals. This is the best time to buy both and get a good deal. LG and Samsung both make AMAZING washer/dryers and I would definitely recommend both brands. I've got a ton of friends who have bought one of those two brands in the last year and they love them. 

59 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I bought my water softener from a local company here in Cincy. It is pretty much required here on the westside of the city so they are good. The new style water softeners are insanely efficient and don't require much salt or maintenance at all. If you have a local plumbing supply store I'd check if they carry them, you can always get great prices there.

As for washer/dryer. I'd look for 4th of July deals (or Labor day since you have till October) since you just missed on the Memorial Day deals. This is the best time to buy both and get a good deal. LG and Samsung both make AMAZING washer/dryers and I would definitely recommend both brands. I've got a ton of friends who have bought one of those two brands in the last year and they love them. 

Thanks!  I had thought about Memorial Day deals, but then we would have had to store them.  My wife keeps finding new things as well that would be great, but....

Archived