Aqib Talib potentially being suspended would be big

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/9/11895962/aqib-talib-deserves-suspension-based-on-nfl-handled-vontaze-burfict?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Man this guy has been in some big trouble since entering the NFL. And now carrying a gun into a nightclub and shooting yourself. I dont care if it was an accident, which I guarantee its complete BS. The league should step up and give him what hes due. He was breaking the law having the gun in the first place. If he gets anything less than a 4 game suspension Im done with this league.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, happyrid said:

This is a good point. Talib is the type of big, physical CB that AJ sometimes struggles against. Him being out would help the offense and even things up a bit since we won't have Vontaze.

Still wouldn't matter he destroys that defense in the first half with a backup qb I guarantee they shred it again with a healthy dalton 

12 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/6/9/11895962/aqib-talib-deserves-suspension-based-on-nfl-handled-vontaze-burfict?utm_campaign=cincyjungle&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Man this guy has been in some big trouble since entering the NFL. And now carrying a gun into a nightclub and shooting yourself. I dont care if it was an accident, which I guarantee its complete BS. The league should step up and give him what hes due. He was breaking the law having the gun in the first place. If he gets anything less than a 4 game suspension Im done with this league.

Wait, you think he shot himself in a club on purpose?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Wait, you think he shot himself in a club on purpose?

I think  jhowdy54's concern was that Talib was going to a nightclub in Dallas with a gun in the first place.   I can get that someone of his calibur and status would need protection of some time, probably in the form of entourages or bodyguards, but a gun causes questions.    It's like Plexico Burress--he accidently shot him in the leg in New York City with his own gun, but the case was that it was an an illegal firearm,  and Burress got locked up for a little bit because of it.

As for discharing and shooting himself accidentally,  sure it happened,  sound like early forensics showed it was accidental,  and as a person I hope he recovers.   But there just feels off to me...how many times will someone else be pissed off at someone else and actually pulled a gun on that person?

I think that there was something big going on that he doesn't want anyone and the media to know. Maybe there was a confrontation with someone else over drugs, money, or women causing someone to pull a gun. Who knows. I do know that he didnt plaxidently shoot himself.

He definitely shot himself because there is no other explanation for how the bullet entered and exited his leg. Why he had the gun or why he had his finger on the trigger is the interesting thing that could lead to even more suspension time than he is already looking at. As well as jail time.

On a similar note, the Von Miller negotiations sound like a mess:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/13/von-miller-broncos-need-to-truly-negotiate/

Florio mentions that there's a real possibility that Miller sits out the first 10 games or even the entire season.

I'm just guessing that some of the stuff Florio says he can't talk about because it's sensitive has to do with contractual guarantees relating to drug usage. Miller has already been suspended a couple times and I bet Denver wants some pretty clear protections in place should the issue crop up again. And I could see how a guy who has been clean a couple years and emerged as arguably the best defensive player in the league would be prickly about the issue. This thing is starting to get ugly and could get worse. 

• 2 months later...

tablib is a super nice dude.. met him a few times out here, always awesome, very nice with the kids as well, friendly, humble, talks to everyone.

as for the gun thing..

if he isnt under arrest, im not sure why the league should be involved. id much rather they stop testing for marijuana and pretend to be adults. 

didnt a browns WR fucking kill a guy drunk driving?

22 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

tablib is a super nice dude.. met him a few times out here, always awesome, very nice with the kids as well, friendly, humble, talks to everyone.

as for the gun thing..

if he isnt under arrest, im not sure why the league should be involved. id much rather they stop testing for marijuana and pretend to be adults. 

didnt a browns WR fucking kill a guy drunk driving?

Leonard Little for the Rams did and got a 2nd DUI within a few months of his first. He got like 1 or 2 games. Odell Thurman got life.

19 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Leonard Little for the Rams did and got a 2nd DUI within a few months of his first. He got like 1 or 2 games. Odell Thurman got life.

stallworth, was the browns wr got DUI mansllaughter and 30 days in jail.. he got a whole season..

and josh brown giants kicker, wife tells police of over 20 domestic violence incidents..  got 1 game? 2?  

3 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

stallworth, was the browns wr got DUI mansllaughter and 30 days in jail.. he got a whole season..

and josh brown giants kicker, wife tells police of over 20 domestic violence incidents..  got 1 game? 2?  

Well they do encourage players to wear pink shit once a year so obviously they care.

17 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

That situation sucked. Off memory I think he was over the limit but barely and the guy he hit was pretty drunk and tried to cross the street between 2 parked cars at night where there weren't street lights. You shouldn't be driving if you're drunk but pretty bad luck for Stallworth honestly.

Just now, TimKrumrieFan said:

That situation sucked. Off memory I think he was over the limit but barely and the guy he hit was pretty drunk and tried to cross the street between 2 parked cars at night where there weren't street lights. You shouldn't be driving if you're drunk but pretty bad luck for Stallworth honestly.

agreed

• 1 month later...

Well its being said that Talib did indeed shoot himself in the leg. He told police that he didnt know who shot him. He obviously did know but was trying to cover everything up that he was carrying a loaded gun without a license. This obviously is not good for him or the Broncos. He could be looking at a longterm suspension.

On 8/20/2016 at 1:50 PM, Lucid said:

Well they do encourage players to wear pink shit once a year so obviously they care.

Which, of course, is all about raising awareness and stuff & has nothing to do with finding an excuse for authentic pink gear to market to women.  Of course.

6 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

Well its being said that Talib did indeed shoot himself in the leg. He told police that he didnt know who shot him. He obviously did know but was trying to cover everything up that he was carrying a loaded gun without a license. This obviously is not good for him or the Broncos. He could be looking at a longterm suspension.

If he was playing for the Bengals, sure. Since he's with the Broncos? Doubt it.

Archived