Bengals All Time Blocking/Full/H Back

Bengals All Time H/Blocking/Full Back  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bengals All time Blocking/Full Back?

• Charles Alexander
    • Lorenzo Neal
    • Jeremi Johnson
    • Ryan Hewitt
    • Stanley Wilson

QB - Ken Anderson

LT - Anthony Munoz

LG - Bruce Reimers

C - Bob Johnson

RG - Max Montoya

RT - Willie Anderson

TE - Rodney Holman

WR1 - Isaac Curtis

WR2 - AJ Green

WR3 - Chris Henry

RB - Corey Dillon

RB - James Brooks

Today we do the blocking back.

Same here about Lorenzo Neal.  Looked it up a couple of years ago, and as much as I loathe Wikipedia as a resource for academic papers, the site states that Neal, " blocked for a 1,000+ yard running back in eleven straight seasons from 1997 to 2007. "

Where's Peko?!

+1 for Neal.  It's a shame that Eddie George, Dillon, & Tomlinson will probably all make the Hall before he does when he literally cleared the path to some of their best seasons. 

Gotta mention JJ as well - all the tools but seemed to lack the motivation.  Being in a pass-wacky offense didn't help, either.  He & Rudi were sure fun to watch, even as it was frustrating to see a smashmouth running game benched on a crucial 3rd & short in favor of a shovel pass to Kenny Watson.  Still rustles my jimmies that they let Brat back in the building.  Total pity hire.

Hewitt's story is still being written but I like his chances.  Definitely noticed when he wasn't out there.

22 hours ago, schotzee said:

Ditto. He was the first one to come to mind before I even saw list.

19 hours ago, fluhartz said:

same here

Absolutely!

He was an unsung hero who had a big role in getting us to the first Super Bowl.  Everyone remembers the Freezer Bowl but how about the game before that that got us to the Freezer Bowl and beyond?  The other team did not prepare for Charles Alexander to run the ball and he had a great day.

Lorenzo Neal was a Rent-a-Back who was here for a couple years and moved on to somewhere else.

Alexander should be a runaway with this one.

Absolutely!

He was an unsung hero who had a big role in getting us to the first Super Bowl.  Everyone remembers the Freezer Bowl but how about the game before that that got us to the Freezer Bowl and beyond?  The other team did not prepare for Charles Alexander to run the ball and he had a great day.

Lorenzo Neal was a Rent-a-Back who was here for a couple years and moved on to somewhere else.

We both said Lorenzo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Absolutely!

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

Yea. So what you talking bout Willis? Err Harry.

Misread... sorry.  Lorenzo was only here for a couple years and moved on.  Alexander helped get us to a Super Bowl.

This is where Pete Johnson belongs.  He spent most of the time as the first back through in 2 back sets.  Alexander was usually the tail back.  Check out some cool old footage of 1981 if you want some proof.  64 touchdowns don't lie.

Archived