Any news on Eifert?

Been nearly 2 months since his surgery and havent heard anything on his rehab or if hes even started rehabing yet. Just have a bad feeling that the number of games missed is going to exceed the games missed prediction of one.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Do the Bengals have any interest in Anquan Boldin?

I don’t like to proclaim yes or no on anybody that’s out there, but we have not had any discussions with him. We feel pretty good about some young guys that we have in that position group. It’s a position group that’s in flux, and it’s a position group that’s going to have to step up – particularly with Eifert out early in the year. We’re going to have to have some production from there and we have some good candidates. So we want to see when we get going in the preseason who steps up and who raises their hand and says, ‘I’m the guy.’ Hopefully multiple people will do that.

Sounds a lot like they are not planning to have him in New York.

9 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

curious to see what they report once they actually have to report info. should be pretty telling.

not having him early could be rough, young WR's and no TE.. good thing we have two good RB's as well.

I think Kroft and Uzomah both have the talent to be good TEs.  Kroft is probably more ready, but if they are patient with Uzomah I think he can be really, really good.

Just now, Jason said:

I think Kroft and Uzomah both have the talent to be good TEs.  Kroft is probably more ready, but if they are patient with Uzomah I think he can be really, really good.

while they may be decent, eifert is a top TE in the league, thats hard to replace.

3 hours ago, GoBengals said:

while they may be decent, eifert is a top TE in the league, thats hard to replace.

When healthy Eifert is definitely a top 5 TE. Kroft has top 12 TE ability though and really impressed last year when he got tossed into the fold late in the year when Eifert was dinged up. Big growth is usually expected in year 2 from guys with a bright future and on top of that he gets to be "the man" for all of training camp at TE. Eifert's injury could be a blessing in disguise and really give us 2 strong TE options for a long time.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Well, you did say "No TE".  :) 

lol, fair enough, should have so "no badass TE"..

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

When healthy Eifert is definitely a top 5 TE. Kroft has top 12 TE ability though and really impressed last year when he got tossed into the fold late in the year when Eifert was dinged up. Big growth is usually expected in year 2 from guys with a bright future and on top of that he gets to be "the man" for all of training camp at TE. Eifert's injury could be a blessing in disguise and really give us 2 strong TE options for a long time.

the Krofts of the world, i feel can succeed in a system with a Green/Jones/Sanu + Bernard/Hill talent level around them. being the 4th-5th concern of the defense certainly opens up things for him. Say Green gets hurt while eifert is out.. Kroft is basically useless at that point in the pass game. no one needs double covered, so life is much harder.

but he can do well enough in a healthy system.

On 7/20/2016 at 7:03 PM, GoBengals said:

lol, fair enough, should have so "no badass TE"..

the Krofts of the world, i feel can succeed in a system with a Green/Jones/Sanu + Bernard/Hill talent level around them. being the 4th-5th concern of the defense certainly opens up things for him. Say Green gets hurt while eifert is out.. Kroft is basically useless at that point in the pass game. no one needs double covered, so life is much harder.

but he can do well enough in a healthy system.

I think Kroft is a lot more physically gifted than you give him credit for. He actually has some athletic ability and good hands. He kind of reminds me of a lesser version of Heath Miller. Kroft isn't a star but he isn't just a depth guy imo. I liked him in college and really didn't think we would get him at the time.

...word is that Eifert is currently still on pace to be ready for first game of the regular season.  (Info is from the mother of a former Notre Dame player that is "hanging" with Eifert in North Carolina.) 

Archived