Welcome to the Jungle - GnR + PBS

Saw Guns N Roses in Philly last night and they absolutely killed it. When they did Welcome to the Jungle I immediately began to think how cool that must have been when they played it in Cincy.

Anyone go?? Did Axle reference the Bengals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recall they were backing up a lot of bands back then: Aerosmith, Iron Maiden IIRC. I know WTTJ was a hot tune--but the whole of "Appetite" was pretty hot. I know I never heard it played at Riverfront that year...but then again, no music other than that little ragtime band was ever played in Riverfront then. 

I know it was the only song played on our 23-hour drive to Miami in January 1989! 

I went and it was pretty awesome.   My memory is a little fuzzy but I don't remember them saying anything about it being in the Jungle.  I think they played the same set as other cities too.   The music and the reunion with the drummer were really cool, but the sound at times was horrible and axel was pretty quiet and winded.   It was awkward.  I've been to a ton of concerts in my life and rarely have I ever hear less conversation between songs or narration of a show.  The songs were good, but my first thought was like you that seeing them in the jungle was gonna kick ass but it just wasn't that big of a deal.

also I sat in the club section and it was pretty freakin nice.   Got to go inside to pee and get beer.   Padded seats.  Victory.

On July 15, 2016 at 10:47 PM, Harley said:

Yeah, they played almost 3 hours with no breaks. Axle got his shit together and sounded great and was on time. Slash was amazing. I was surprised how good they were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say Slash was amazing

On 7/17/2016 at 2:36 PM, Lucid said:

Slash was always the best part of GNR, IMO.

Love Slash, but Izzy was the soul of that band, both musically and from a personal interaction standpoint. They've done shit musically since he left. His counterpoint was simply some of the best in the history of rock... 

Archived