So final story about my job situation....

GoBengals

So i got fired, kind of in shock, they came back and interviewed me again, i disproved all of the "evidence" they felt they had. and they still fired me. 

my unemployment got approved so fast i think they know they fucked up. 

I put in an appeal of my termination, we will see how that goes.

at this point i dont want to work there anymore. but i need to pay the bills.

so i am looking at getting some certifications in the realm of IT work to perhaps change career paths.

never felt so used and abused my whole life to get thrown away like i didnt matter.

On 7/18/2016 at 1:30 PM, GoBengals said:

So i got fired, kind of in shock, they came back and interviewed me again, i disproved all of the "evidence" they felt they had. and they still fired me. 

my unemployment got approved so fast i think they know they fucked up. 

I put in an appeal of my termination, we will see how that goes.

at this point i dont want to work there anymore. but i need to pay the bills.

so i am looking at getting some certifications in the realm of IT work to perhaps change career paths.

never felt so used and abused my whole life to get thrown away like i didnt matter.

Probably right there.. Once you accept unemployment you lose all rights to a wrongful termination settlement. I got hosed by a boss once many years ago who made up a bunch of lies about me (damaging stuff) to get me fired because we had a personality conflict and he wanted me gone. I ended up suing. Brought in nearly 100 letters from the people I worked with including my direct supervisor who all testified in some manner or another that I was a great IT guy and great to work with. Most of them offered to be a personal reference for my next employer. These were all professors and university admins so it was a hefty rebuttal. I won, but it took like 6 months to get worked out and I couldn't take unemployment during that time (as advised by my lawyer).  The settlement was slightly more than I would have gotten in unemployment, but it sucked not having the money during that time. I ended up having to work at UDF to make ends meet. Most importantly my reputatiuon was cleared. I didn't want the shit I was accused of to stand.

The guy who lied about me ended up getting fired a year later for sleeping with his secretary. What a slime ball, lol.

appreciate it all. looks like my unemployment is approved, i can call to request my first payment this coming weekend and i think its dispatched the following friday. 

my last check from work was a decent size, but its going to have to last a while, so the combo  of unemployment and extra vacation pay from last check should have my minimum bills paid through august. At that point things COULD get hairy.. but im working on doing some side work for a friends business which could supplement the unemployment well enough to barely scrape by.

I am working on getting some IT-ish certifications with elflockos recommendations to try to crawl into that field. 

in all honestly it feels really really good to not be working there anymore.. the past year was a LOT of stress, and i feel so much better about that part.. but i have money stress, which also sucks. if it comes down to losing a car or house i can cash in some 401k and things, but the taxes and penalties on all of that are brutal. 

so we shall see how it goes.. im gonna miss that 6+ weeks of paid vacation though...

2 hours ago, Lucid said:

Probably right there.. Once you accept unemployment you lose all rights to a wrongful termination settlement. I got hosed by a boss once many years ago who made up a bunch of lies about me (damaging stuff) to get me fired because we had a personality conflict and he wanted me gone. I ended up suing. Brought in nearly 100 letters from the people I worked with including my direct supervisor who all testified in some manner or another that I was a great IT guy and great to work with. Most of them offered to be a personal reference for my next employer. These were all professors and university admins so it was a hefty rebuttal. I won, but it took like 6 months to get worked out and I couldn't take unemployment during that time (as advised by my lawyer).  The settlement was slightly more than I would have gotten in unemployment, but it sucked not having the money during that time. I ended up having to work at UDF to make ends meet. Most importantly my reputatiuon was cleared. I didn't want the shit I was accused of to stand.

The guy who lied about me ended up getting fired a year later for sleeping with his secretary. What a slime ball, lol.

thats fucked up, and not too far off from what i experienced. my old co worker who also got screwed over is going after the company. Its a nightmare scenario for everyone, the company has no idea what people they are losing as everyone up the chain just takes everyones word for whats going on because they are all too occupied or lazy to dive into anything themselves.

i may be mistaken on my unemployment, it may not be approved yet. i dont know and cant find solid information on what means what. i filed my claim, a few days later i got login into a PIN, etc to my account, i had to fill out a form about my pay, they got my pay info from my work, so there was obviously contact with my work, my account shows what i will get weekly, shows me what day to call to request my first payment(5 days from now) has a balance in my account to cover the next 6 months or so, the claim lasts 12 months be default so it shows the dates, i had to fax in and sign a form with my ID and signature and all that stuff...

BUUUUUTTTTT i just saw in the corner of the page it shows my claim status as "Pending Approval".

i dont know if thats because i just faxed the form in today and they were waiting on me, or if its pending some sort of approval from my work people....

Archived