Lame "Virus Warning" on mobile

Whenever I get on this site with my Android it forwards me to a page notifying me that my cell phone is infected with viruses and says I have 2 and a half minutes to click on their virus scan before my phone is ruined and my sim card goes up in flames complete with a countdown clock. This happened the first time about a week or so ago. I don't usually read this site on my phone so I forgot about it. It happened to me a couple more times today. This site is the only one that this happens on so aside from the fact I gave 3 different virus apps on my phone, I really don't think I am infected. I am guessing it has something to do with one of your ad sponsors.

any other info you can give? like a link of the page it takes you to or anything of that sort.

im guessing one of two things is happening:

1. like you said an advertiser is launching it when you arrive.

2. an app you have has this adware/spamware built in and is triggered when you come to the site perhaps also via a advertiser here.

the reason i bring up #2 is i saw this a bit when i was a technician and it was hard to figure out, when we try to duplicate with other browser apps, nothing, on other peoples phones, nothing, but that phone with default browser, virus or fbi fake warning site would come up.

honestly most techs were lazy and just reset peoples phones and it stopped. but obviously something on my side is at minimum, triggering it.. so any details on who the advertiser or web address i can go digging in google adsense and try to block.

• 3 weeks later...

I stripped the google mobile ads from everything, they were displaying on the desktop site as well as mobile. 

It appears from what i am reading most issues of this nature are rooted in mobile ads for obvious reasons. 

This is in place of of right now. let me know if the issue continues. 

Archived