Speculating a 4-6 month recovery now for Eifert...WTF

cincyjungle just posted an article saying Eiferts injury is looking more like a 4-6 month recovery then a 2-3 month recovery. Lets hope CJ Uzomah and Tyler Kroft are ready to make an impact. I could see us adding a veteran TE here soon.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

yea, gotta love the "timetable is 6 weeks to start cutting when combined with ankle fracture(which eifert didnt have).

wtf.. who writes that?

i think it was iffy if he was going to return for week 1 anyway, as long as its not past week 3-ish its not the end of the world.

Yeah I don't know about this, I was TC and saw Eifert walking around without a boot or limp or anything noticeable...But if he is out for a long time I think we have a potential star in Uzomah, dude is a freak athlete that can get open and catch the ball. Not sure how good he is at blocking but he can stretch and field and make some big plays if given the opportunity, also Kroft was back at practice yesterday so we have some options should Eifert be out an extended period of time. 

On 8/9/2016 at 10:22 PM, whodey365 said:

Cincy jungle is some of the biggest click bait bull shit there is. I should really stop following them. 

Yeah, it has gotten bad. I called them out on it a bit when the they click-baited Whitworth getting his usual bevy of days off. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Enon Bengal said:

What's the latest on Eifert? His injury is messing with my fantasy draft strategy...

There hasn't been anything real concrete. He's got the boot off and starting to run. 

Personally, I think he'll be back Week 2 against pittsburgh. But that's just my gut feeling based upon reading between the lines on Hobson/Lapham comments. 

3 hours ago, happyrid said:

There hasn't been anything real concrete. He's got the boot off and starting to run. 

Personally, I think he'll be back Week 2 against pittsburgh. But that's just my gut feeling based upon reading between the lines on Hobson/Lapham comments. 

This is what I think.

Also don't touch Eifert in fantasy. He's going to be over drafted. Avoid. He won't put up the # of TDs he put up last year but someone will only think about last year and draft him way too early. TE is deep as hell right now. You can get someone at way better value a few rounds later.

4 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

This is what I think.

Also don't touch Eifert in fantasy. He's going to be over drafted. Avoid. He won't put up the # of TDs he put up last year but someone will only think about last year and draft him way too early. TE is deep as hell right now. You can get someone at way better value a few rounds later.

I was thinking the same thing.  Every year 3-4 unknown TE's put up good numbers not because they're better TE's than Eifert (or whoever), but because they're at least decent and play in offenses that lack other weapons.

It depends upon who you're drafting with, but I've seen him falling pretty far and I think the injury has made him somewhat of a value. I just took him in the 9th round of a 12-team draft as the 10th tight end drafted. 

The depth at tight end actually makes it a little bit easier to justify drafting him in my opinion. I can come back with Dwayne Allen or Martellus Bennett in the 12th or 13th round to start until Eifert comes back. And then when Eifert is back, I get a top 4 TE for the bulk of the season and the fantasy playoffs. 

Archived