Billings carted off

Just FYI, according to Jim O from the Enquirer (This was from his reddit account):

"He hasn't had second team reps at all, really. He's the last DT in the rotation. Base only as well. DeShawn Williams/Marcus Hardison and Margus Hunt have gotten first team nickel looks next to Geno. Peko/Sims and Geno have been in on base, and then Peko/Sims at times as well to give Geno a breather. Billings is in, usually, with the third team d-line. If he gets a second team rep, it's rotational. Looks like a rookie. He's been manhandled at times by T.J. Johnson and Christian Westerman, then at other teams he can't be moved and fills up space. Right now, he looks like one of the 7 inactives on game day. Not to say he can't get better over the next five weeks, it's just that all the other guys in front of him are either more experienced or different types of tackles (i.e. Williams/Hardison)."

He later went on to say that he got some second team reps a day or two after. He also said he wasn't flashing like TB or NV.

2 hours ago, JC said:

Just FYI, according to Jim O from the Enquirer (This was from his reddit account):

"He hasn't had second team reps at all, really. He's the last DT in the rotation. Base only as well. DeShawn Williams/Marcus Hardison and Margus Hunt have gotten first team nickel looks next to Geno. Peko/Sims and Geno have been in on base, and then Peko/Sims at times as well to give Geno a breather. Billings is in, usually, with the third team d-line. If he gets a second team rep, it's rotational. Looks like a rookie. He's been manhandled at times by T.J. Johnson and Christian Westerman, then at other teams he can't be moved and fills up space. Right now, he looks like one of the 7 inactives on game day. Not to say he can't get better over the next five weeks, it's just that all the other guys in front of him are either more experienced or different types of tackles (i.e. Williams/Hardison)."

He later went on to say that he got some second team reps a day or two after. He also said he wasn't flashing like TB or NV.

Tyler Boyd and Nick Vigil, got it! Well anyway, it's early days yet on this guy.

9 hours ago, JC said:

Non pass rushing DTs typically take a full year before they really bring much to the table playing wise. It's also very hard for a guy to flash in training camp when he is literally just supposed to take up space and hold is place. The concern here is if he is out for the year and gets 0 snaps/practices to prepare him for a big snap load in 2017. I didn't think he would play much this year except to get his feet wet and tons of practice time.

11 hours ago, JC said:

Maybe some of those guys are getting more snaps now because they're on the bubble? I suspect at least one of Williams/Hardison/Hunt is going to get axed.  Probably don't need to add my guess there but it's too late for him to make the Olympics...

3 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

Super quiet today. Only tweet I saw was "Billings not present at practice and no update from Marvin"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said at practice that it was a knee injury and more details later. Guarantee it was too swelled to get an accurate MRI and will need to wait a few days.

Silence is not a good sign. Billings getting a 2nd opinion (if true) is an even worse one. I am hoping for the best, hopefully he is able to get healthy enough to get some snaps this season. As others have pointed out, he likely was not contributing substantially this year regardless, but this year was going to be important in his development.

Archived