All Time Bengals Team - Stadium

All Time Stadium  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Bengals all time stadium?

• Nippert
    • Riverfront
    • Paul Brown

HC - Paul Brown

OC - Bill Walsh

DC - Mike Zimmer

QB - Ken Anderson

LT - Anthony Munoz

LG - Bruce Reimers

C - Bob Johnson

RG - Max Montoya

RT - Willie Anderson

TE - Rodney Holman

WR1 - Isaac Curtis

WR2 - AJ Green

WR3 - Chris Henry

RB - Corey Dillon

RB - James Brooks

FB - Lorenzo Neal

LS - Clark Harris

P - Kevin Huber

K - Jim Breech

KR - Stanford Jennings

PR - Adam Jones

DE1 - Coy Bacon

DT1 - Geno Atkins

DT2 - Tim Krumrie

DE2 - Carlos Dunlap

OLB1 - Vontaze Burfict

ILB - Takeo Spikes

OLB2 - Reggie Williams

CB1 - Ken Riley

CB2 - LeMar Parrish

CB3 - Leon Hall

FS - Reggie Nelson

SS - David Fulcher

Today we do stadium.

The only reason I am a Bengals fan is because of Nippert. Saw the first exhibition game of the new team there in 1968. 

But I spent far more time in Riverfront/Cinergy as a season ticket holder. Also saw the defining games of the franchise there: Freezer and AFC Clinch game of 1989.

PBS is a great stadium, however.

All three, no vote. 

58 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

The only reason I am a Bengals fan is because of Nippert. Saw the first exhibition game of the new team there in 1968. 

But I spent far more time in Riverfront/Cinergy as a season ticket holder. Also saw the defining games of the franchise there: Freezer and AFC Clinch game of 1989.

PBS is a great stadium, however.

All three, no vote. 

What about No Spinney Field, no vote?

Any stadium that brings our tigers back to the field.   People seem to forget since the tigers left,  we only won one more time in the playoffs. 

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/1989-01-12/news/8901020856_1_bengals-fan-bengal-tiger-cubs-cincinnati-zoo

As it stands,  Paul Brown Stadium is best.   They even give players hand towels there... 

2 hours ago, Lucid said:

Hate to say it because I have so many fine memories there, but Riverfront was a dump and as a baseball stadium it was an even worse football one. PBS is actually a nice stadium.

thats what i wasgoing to say.

riverfront was a shithole. dont get people voting for a stdium based on what a team did or ticket prices... isnt this supposed to be about the stadium itself?

The seating tiers at Riverfront were banked steeper and your view was not blocked by some two beer drunken hillbilly who has never been to a game and thinks its showing his team spirit by standing up the whole game.  More seats were under cover of the upper levels above them in nasty weather.

Screw the "you're not a fan if/unless crap", real fans go to watch football.

However, more and bigger rest room facilities were definitely needed.

Excellent point about the tigers.  Anyone remember the time the tiger cub squeezed under the stands?  And bring back the marching bands at half time, screw the mascot bowl or mascots vs pee wees.

19 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

thats what i wasgoing to say.

riverfront was a shithole. dont get people voting for a stdium based on what a team did or ticket prices... isnt this supposed to be about the stadium itself?

I said that and should have added a :ph34r:.  Of course, the ticket prices of the day were based on that economy and cost of running a team, NFL guidelines, etc.

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I said that and should have added a :ph34r:.  Of course, the ticket prices of the day were based on that economy and cost of running a team, NFL guidelines, etc.

i mostly assumed so, but then saw more ridiculous responses and was concerned. :huh:

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The seating tiers at Riverfront were banked steeper and your view was not blocked by some two beer drunken hillbilly who has never been to a game and thinks its showing his team spirit by standing up the whole game.  More seats were under cover of the upper levels above them in nasty weather.

Screw the "you're not a fan if/unless crap", real fans go to watch football.

However, more and bigger rest room facilities were definitely needed.

Excellent point about the tigers.  Anyone remember the time the tiger cub squeezed under the stands?  And bring back the marching bands at half time, screw the mascot bowl or mascots vs pee wees.

I was actually thinking of Spinney Field...

I truly loved my seats at Riverfront. Section 326...had them from Day One and never changed them--although had numerous opportunities to move down to Blue or Green. You are absolutely correct as to the angles of the seats--all the Once-In-A-Decade types were safely in front and lower, so they never disturbed us. Did have an inordinate number of opposing fans in that section though, but for the most part, they too were many rows in front, so no issue. Amish and I did tease an entire row of Bronco people back in the Elway/Davis era--everyone of them had on an Elway or a Davis jersey. We would call out "Look...there's John Elway...and there too...and there...". Great fun.

We were situated towards the end of the rows, so every small-bladder and buy-the-kid-a-hot-dog type person had to walk in front of us to the aisle. That did get annoying. Better now by far at PBS. We are directly in the middle. 

The Water Closets at Riverfront were actually large on the third level. They did, however, get righteously packed during halftime. I used to time my descent from the upper levels to just before the half ended. By the time one got in and got out, halftime was over, and you missed Frisbee Dogs and THE Ohio State University marching band times. Didn't care--was glad to miss it. 

Loved the Benzoo times. I recall the PA Announcer would herald them in as "All Hail Benzoo 8" or 9 or whatever sequential number they were. They replaced them every year, so I guess it mattered. Not the same as the full-grown versions in the cages at Nippert, but the cutesy little guys did charm. Now, with the NFL-mandated "mascot"--whatever in the world that thing is--it doesn't have the same feel. Oh well. 

What days of yore they were.    

5 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Are you going to do All-time trainer and equipment manager?

Nope. 

I might do overrated and underrated on offense and defense.  But for all time Bengals polls, this is it.

NOt being a devil's advocate.....Iruly loved Riverfront from a fan's perspective.  I like the steeped upper deck where our shared season ticks were.  But what I loved the most was the circular design both out side and inside the stadium.   I used to bum a ride as a teen from MIddletown pay the cheapest scalper and never sit in the seat.  I would just follow the action around the upper deck walkway between the upper and lower red section....ALWAYS on the the 50 yd line, or rather the line of scrimmage.  The trick was to keep moving and only stop and watch when the play was happening, that way the ushers didn't bother me.   I could watch from the shady side in the summer and the sun side in the winter.  In PBS there is no way in hell to watch a game like that..

Plus the enclosed structure made the whole stadium loud, not just the field level.   10 thousand more people don't seem to be half as loud in PBS.   I'll take Riverfront every day of the week and as many Sundays as I can get.

AS an aside I saw my first dead person up in those red seats.   An old man dropped dead in his seat a few rows in front of me.   I can still hear my Dad's answer when I asked if the man was sick as security carried him off...."He's deader than a hammer"....

Nope. 

I might do overrated and underrated on offense and defense.  But for all time Bengals polls, this is it.

What about all-time jerseys, pants, helmets, logos, field art, etc. there's still 3 weeks of preseason to fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things I like about PBS ... The name,  the megatrons,  more and larger rest rooms

Things I dislike about PBS ... the shallow tiers for seating,  it is nothing but one huge commercial from before kickoff until the end of the game with the constant commercials i.e. Stiehl move the chains, Toyota Red Zone, and on and on and on.  Annoying.  Just play the game.

Another smaller difference I find annoyingly different between Riverfront and PBS:

At Riverfront, when entering the Men's Room, it was push/jam, look for any space open. Surprisingly though, once you got the hang of "moving to the center" of the urinals (everybody seemed to line up on the edges for some unfathomable reason), things moved fast and the lines moved fast.

At PBS, now everyone waits patiently in line--at the OPENING of the entrance, until a urinal becomes open. This, even though there is ample space to stand BEHIND the persons at the urinals, and thus keep the entry to the Men's Rooms moving. The lines go half a mile out of the rest rooms, while practically empty on the inside. I have just taken the approach to go past all of the line waiters and stand behind a person at the urinal. Most follow my lead, but I do get catcalls from people claiming I am line-jumping. No, idiots, I am not.   

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Another smaller difference I find annoyingly different between Riverfront and PBS:

At Riverfront, when entering the Men's Room, it was push/jam, look for any space open. Surprisingly though, once you got the hang of "moving to the center" of the urinals (everybody seemed to line up on the edges for some unfathomable reason), things moved fast and the lines moved fast.

At PBS, now everyone waits patiently in line--at the OPENING of the entrance, until a urinal becomes open. This, even though there is ample space to stand BEHIND the persons at the urinals, and thus keep the entry to the Men's Rooms moving. The lines go half a mile out of the rest rooms, while practically empty on the inside. I have just taken the approach to go past all of the line waiters and stand behind a person at the urinal. Most follow my lead, but I do get catcalls from people claiming I am line-jumping. No, idiots, I am not.   

yeah, and as we know, its all a matter of timing.  I have aisle seats and while people passing in front of you is an annoyance, everyone is always polite about it.  With the aisle seats I can make a quick dash between the scoring of a touchdown and the next kickoff.  With Nugent, extra points are now an adventure but not really that exciting to watch.

At least at PBS restrooms there isn't a lot of fools (particularly noticeable at Pittsburgh games... NO ninja) pissing in the sinks, cups or corners like they were at home.

At least it is not the Heinz Red Zone any more.  Maybe next season it will be the Tampex™ Red Zone.

Archived