At what point do we start looking for a new kicker?

We had a game last season where coach Lewis went for a 4th and I don't remember based on his confidence on Nugent making ridiculous chip shot field goal. This organization knows he's unreliable ,but have this at a fault sticking too long with descending talent. Shank Graham was here far to long. I cringe at the thought of this guy deciding a playoff win. God forbid he resurrects the ghost of the Buffalo Bills. Wide left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meh, he finished 20th-22nd in FG percentage.. sounds terrible, but this is astats that 1 made FG takes him to like 12th.. and he was 6th in extra points last season.. jacksonville missed 7 extra points.

only 5 teams didnt miss any extra points, we were the only team to only miss 1, 26 teams missed 2 or more.

meh, he finished 20th-22nd in FG percentage.. sounds terrible, but this is astats that 1 made FG takes him to like 12th.. and he was 6th in extra points last season.. jacksonville missed 7 extra points.

only 5 teams didnt miss any extra points, we were the only team to only miss 1, 26 teams missed 2 or more.

Those points were kicked while we were winning. Hell we werr 10-0 for a reason and it wasn't Nugent. When we did need him he shanked and cost us a game. This team has suffered through to many let downs. Worry about your kicker missing chip shots can put a real drag on the psyche. He has head issues. They need to cut their loses before it permeates through the Team. Nugent must go

Those points were kicked while we were winning. Hell we werr 10-0 for a reason and it wasn't Nugent. When we did need him he shanked and cost us a game. This team has suffered through to many let downs. Worrying about your kicker missing chip shots can put a real drag on the psyche. He has head issues. They need to cut their loses before it permeates through the Team. Nugent must go

Mr. Automatic at Ohio State and one of the biggest "LOL" moments when the Jets took him in the 2nd round. I, just like many here have been nervous with him since he missed the game winning field goal vs Carolina. Just a reminder.... he banked the one in against Seattle last year. If we are in our 2 minute offense and the announcers start talking about getting the ball in field goal range, I feel that it's a 50/50 shot from anywhere on the field. I am not comfortable with him, they need to bring someone in to challenge him. I know all kickers are not perfect, but this does not feel righ

11 hours ago, whodey365 said:

Could be worse. Could still have Josh Brown. That dude is in a bit of a mess right now. 

You mean, the sainted one? The guy who could kick with his left foot from 60 and still drill it between the pipes? That guy? 

17 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

We had a game last season where coach Lewis went for a 4th and I don't remember based on his confidence on Nugent making ridiculous chip shot field goal. This organization knows he's unreliable ,but have this at a fault sticking too long with descending talent. Shank Graham was here far to long. I cringe at the thought of this guy deciding a playoff win. God forbid he resurrects the ghost of the Buffalo Bills. Wide leftemoji41.png

Don't forget the playoff game where Marvin ran Hill to gain yards instead of protecting the ball because he didn't think Nugent could hit the FG.

Don't forget the playoff game where Marvin ran Hill to gain yards instead of protecting the ball because he didn't think Nugent could hit the FG.

Thanks for jogging my memory. That's the one.! I just about puked when coach Lewis mentioned it at post game conference. I was like...really! How can you expect excellence and reliability from everyone on this team, but give a pass to the kicker. It's not fair to the other players, the fan base, or culture change in that locker room

8 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Thanks for jogging my memory. That's the one.! I just about puked when coach Lewis mentioned it at post game conference. I was like...really! How can you expect excellence and reliability from everyone on this team, but give a pass to the kicker. It's not fair to the other players, the fan base, or culture change in that locker room

Or when they benched Hill for fumbling yet Green never missed a snap.  

16 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Wait...if you're talking about the Steelers playoff game most recently, we weren't in FG range to begin with. The knock on Marvelous there was NOT to run plays (instead Hill fumbled). take three knees and make the Squeelers burn their timeouts so we could punt them deep with no chance to drive the field with only around 25 seconds left. Or am I thinking of a different game here?

Or when they benched Hill for fumbling yet Green never missed a snap.  

Are you seriously comparing the talent of Green to hill? OK...ok...let's put it this way. What would the market be if Green was a free agent right now. What would it be for hill. I'm confused about your comparison . Or are you debating for the sake of debating

Mr. Automatic at Ohio State and one of the biggest "LOL" moments when the Jets took him in the 2nd round. I, just like many here have been nervous with him since he missed the game winning field goal vs Carolina. Just a reminder.... he banked the one in against Seattle last year. If we are in our 2 minute offense and the announcers start talking about getting the ball in field goal range, I feel that it's a 50/50 shot from anywhere on the field. I am not comfortable with him, they need to bring someone in to challenge him. I know all kickers are not perfect, but this does not feel righ

Yeah I remember that bank shot. Shit luck!

Archived