Annual Bengals Prediction Poll

Annual Prediction Poll  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How many regular season games do the Bengals win?

• 8 or fewer
    • 9-10
    • 13 or more
  2. 2. How many passing yards for Dalton?

• 3000 or fewer
    • 3001-3500
    • 3501-4000
    • 4001 -4200
    • 4201 or more
  3. 3. How many TD passes?

• 20 or fewer
    • 21-25
    • 26-30
    • 31-33
    • 34 or more
  4. 4. How many yards for AJ Green?

• 999 or fewer
    • 1000-1200
    • 1201-1400
    • 1401-1600
    • 1601 or more
  5. 5. Who winds up with more catches?

• Boyd
    • LaFell
  6. 6. How many yards for Hill

• 999 or fewer
    • 1000-1200
    • 1201-1400
    • 1401-1500
    • 1501 or more
  7. 7. Who leads the team in TDs?

• Green
    • Hill
    • Eifert
    • Other - Name below
  8. 8. Who leads the team in sacks?

• Dunlap
    • Atkins
    • Johnson
    • Other - Specify below
  9. 9. Who leads the team in INTs

• Adam Jones
    • Dre Kirkpatrick
    • Darquez Dennard
    • George Iloka
    • Shawn Williams
    • Derron Smith
    • Other - Name below
  10. 10. Do the Bengals win the division?

• Yes
    • No
  11. 11. Do the Bengals make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No
  12. 12. Do the Bengals win a playoff game?

• Yes
    • No
  13. 13. How far do the Bengals go?

• Miss playoffs
    • Lose in WC round
    • Lose in division round
    • Lose AFCC
    • Lose SB
    • LI Champions!!!!!

Hello guys, filled the poll. I think we have a solid team that drops one or two we shouldn't and squeezes out 9-10 wins and just misses winning the division. We will then go into Pittsburgh as a wild card and knock them off. Making it to the AFC championship is very possible.

The offense and defense both will be very solid top 10-12 units, but not quite as efficient as year past. Another nice year from Dalton, and a beast of a year from Green during the adjustment to the new weapons. Hill will punch in at least 10 tds. On defense we will be slightly less effective with pressure, 35+ sacks. Shawn Williams will have a solid year and lead the team with 4 picks.

Offensive Team MVP: Green

Defensive Team MVP: Dunlap

Most Improved/Top New Bengal: Boyd 600+ yds and 6 td

There's my prediction, run with it.

9-7 miss playoffs. I don't like the schedule. Opening in New York on Sept 11 is going to be tough. Then get to go to the second shittiest city in America week 2 for their home opener is even more brutal. I think its real bull shit that the Bengals open up on the road again but even worse that its back to back road games to start. I believe after that is Miami who always gives us trouble then New England? I don't like it. Also I think Baltimore and Cleveland are going to be much improved. I don't see us sweeping any teams in the North this year. Don't even get me going on the London "home" game. you'd think with teams that travel over seas that the schedule makers would be a little bit nicer to them to start the year. oh well, I'm still pumped. WHO-DEY?!?!?

21 hours ago, BengalsFanFromNY said:

7 and 9 Record

AT JETS L

AT Stealers L

BRONCOS W

8:25PMET DOLPHINS L

AT COWBOYS W

AT PATRIOTS L

BROWNS W

9:30AMET REDSKINS L

BYE WEEK

8:30PMET AT GIANTS L

BILLS W

AT RAVENS L

EAGLES W

AT BROWNS W

8:30PMET Stealers L

8:25PMET AT TEXANS L

RAVENS W

Yikes! You're pretty pessimistic. 

You have is losing to a lot of crappy teams. I have us going 11-5 to 12-4. I say we win 4 of 6 in the division. Dolphins suck, Jets suck, Giants suck, Redskins suck... We will easily beat those four teams. Guaranteed... It wouldn't surprise me if we swept the NFC East this year. 

On 8/28/2016 at 4:28 AM, StripesNTn said:

Hello guys, filled the poll. I think we have a solid team that drops one or two we shouldn't and squeezes out 9-10 wins and just misses winning the division. We will then go into Pittsburgh as a wild card and knock them off. Making it to the AFC championship is very possible.

The offense and defense both will be very solid top 10-12 units, but not quite as efficient as year past. Another nice year from Dalton, and a beast of a year from Green during the adjustment to the new weapons. Hill will punch in at least 10 tds. On defense we will be slightly less effective with pressure, 35+ sacks. Shawn Williams will have a solid year and lead the team with 4 picks.

Offensive Team MVP: Green

Defensive Team MVP: Dunlap

Most Improved/Top New Bengal: Boyd 600+ yds and 6 td

There's my prediction, run with it.

i moslty agree all around here. minus the AFCC, if we dont win the division and have to go face pitt, which is EXACTLY what i think happens as well, the media and mind games of last year and 2005 the media will have a field day.. im not sure we have the player leadership to move past that. I dont want to start an argument thats off topic so ill move on past that. In a league where 1 single bad play can change the outcome of the entire game, thats a heavy burden to walk up to pittsburgh with. IMO

It's amusing that some people think we might go under .500. We see this pessimism every year from certain folks, but the fact remains we were one of the best teams in the NFL last year and arguably the best Superbowl candidate in the AFC before Andy went down. I don't see any reason to think we have taken THAT far of a step back. Hell we may even be better this year, which is what I am betting on.

This ain't the 90's anymore folks.

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

It's amusing that some people think we might go under .500. We see this pessimism every year from certain folks, but the fact remains we were one of the best teams in the NFL last year and arguably the best Superbowl candidate in the AFC before Andy went down. I don't see any reason to think we have taken THAT far of a step back. Hell we may even be better this year, which is what I am betting on.

It's not even the 00's.  This team has finally found consistency.

2 hours ago, Lucid said:

i expect 10-11 wins, but i dont see how you can expect to be BETTER. we lose VB for 3 games to start, 3 tough games at that, we lost 66.6% of our starting WR's, we arent going to have our pro bowl TE. We are pretty banged up at DB as well, and if we cant cover the pass rush wont have time to be effective either. 

im not saying everything comes down crashing and burning and we suck, i fully expect 10-11 wins. the Jets and Broncos both will be playing Dalton ball, quick predetermined passes based on pre snap reads. so our DBs are going to be vital. they SHOULDNT have much success in the run game as they wont be taking many shots down field so stacking the box should be happening a lot. both should ahve solid defenses who appears mostly if not completely healthy. I am going to assume the D's we face will be playing stack the box and double AJ schemes.. we will see hoe effective that ends up being.. 

it would not be shocking if we were 3-0 or 0-3 to be honest. but teams like miami, who we have pathetically lost to in the past, shouldnt be an issue..

going to be a close call for the divison i think. 

18 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

i expect 10-11 wins, but i dont see how you can expect to be BETTER. we lose VB for 3 games to start, 3 tough games at that, we lost 66.6% of our starting WR's, we arent going to have our pro bowl TE. We are pretty banged up at DB as well, and if we cant cover the pass rush wont have time to be effective either. 

im not saying everything comes down crashing and burning and we suck, i fully expect 10-11 wins. the Jets and Broncos both will be playing Dalton ball, quick predetermined passes based on pre snap reads. so our DBs are going to be vital. they SHOULDNT have much success in the run game as they wont be taking many shots down field so stacking the box should be happening a lot. both should ahve solid defenses who appears mostly if not completely healthy. I am going to assume the D's we face will be playing stack the box and double AJ schemes.. we will see hoe effective that ends up being.. 

it would not be shocking if we were 3-0 or 0-3 to be honest. but teams like miami, who we have pathetically lost to in the past, shouldnt be an issue..

going to be a close call for the divison i think. 

Burfict only played 10 games last year, so he is on pace to be in more this season. Our RT position should be better (Andre sucked) and our line as a whole (besides Whit) is young and should be getting better. Sanu wasn't anything special, and we might be better there with his replacement. Jones is a loss, but I'm still not convinced he is as good as you think he is. The season will play that out, but I expect Tate will outperform him in Detroit. I also take issue with your assessment of our passing game, but that is old hat and I won't go back over it here. We are hardest hit at DB, but we have a beast of a D-line so that takes a lot of pressure off the secondary. We can hope Kirkpatrick starts playing up to his draft stock and Dennard quits being a china doll.

3 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Burfict only played 10 games last year, so he is on pace to be in more this season. Our RT position should be better (Andre sucked) and our line as a whole (besides Whit) is young and should be getting better. Sanu wasn't anything special, and we might be better there with his replacement. Jones is a loss, but I'm still not convinced he is as good as you think he is. The season will play that out, but I expect Tate will outperform him in Detroit. I also take issue with your assessment of our passing game, but that is old hat and I won't go back over it here.

agreed on most, but sanu made some game changing and game saving and game WINNING catches the last year or two, and they were great catches, not just happened to be the guy whocaught them. people are heavily sleeping on how good that trio was, the skillsets of each complimented eachother greatly. 

RT should be an upgrade i agree, but RT isnt that vital in this scheme(aint nobody taking a bunch of 5-7 step drops anywhere on this team), but our two new shiny tackles are both injured at least slightly, which sucks, but hopefully they are good..

i always fear a slightly dinged up linemen will turn into a really dinged up linemen. but thats just a fear at this point. hopefully all is good.

i expect the same thing this year as the previous 5.

As much as I want to win the divison again so that we have a chance to exorcise SD and the Squeels,  part of me actually would want to be a wild card team so that we could also exorcise yet another demon (if I remember correctly)--The Bengals getting a road playoff victory...  Both Bengals Superbowl runs happened when we were the #1 seed, meaning home-field advantage.   I can't imagine the Bengals and their performances on the road in the postseason...but I'm pretty sure that they are really bad.

As much as having one playoff win at home in the playoffs would be a godsend,  having a road playoff win would be a watershed moment to me.  That would be the "Bengals have turned the corner" moment,  and yes, that is quite peculiar consindering since Dalton was our QB, we haven't missed the playoffs at all, and with exception to the dumpster fire of 2010 that ironically led to Andy and A.J,  we made it to the playoffs the last 6 out of 7 seasons.

On 8/30/2016 at 2:09 PM, Gary said:

Yikes! You're pretty pessimistic. 

You have is losing to a lot of crappy teams. I have us going 11-5 to 12-4. I say we win 4 of 6 in the division. Dolphins suck, Jets suck, Giants suck, Redskins suck... We will easily beat those four teams. Guaranteed... It wouldn't surprise me if we swept the NFC East this year. 

I think I have to teach you some Bengals 101. Dolphins game Prime Time game we lose. Jets... ? When was the last time we beat the Jets? (week1 away)     Giants on the road on Prime Time?  It will be a OB Jr.  Night.     Redskins game @9:30am in London? with a Bye week ahead? We wont take advantage of this match up and play poorly.

Archived