53 and Potential Free Agents

1 hour ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I think my favorite moment on this board this season and on twitter will be when they end up signing Tate back to the 53 in a few weeks lol. There is going to be an absolute meltdown. 

As I said in the Tate thread, he's not going anywhere. He will be on the 53 by 9/11.

4 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I don't think he will be for game 1 unless someone practically dies tonight. I do think he will be signed by week 4-6 or so cuz of injuries.

But then again, Roland finally disappeared for good, so maybe Tate is gone.

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I think my favorite moment on this board this season and on twitter will be when they end up signing Tate back to the 53 in a few weeks lol. There is going to be an absolute meltdown. 

I'm melting down at the mere thought of it.

I wonder if Chris Crocker is still around?  Maybe they can leave a call at the nurses' station at his nursing home and get him back with his Li'l Rascal scooter zipping around the field in coverage.

2 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

My favorite was when you acted like it was ridiculous for Tate to be cut. 

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I wonder if Chris Crocker is still around?  Maybe they can leave a call at the nurses' station at his nursing home and get him back with his Li'l Rascal scooter zipping around the field in coverage.

Tate has never been a liability though. I understand the hate for guys like Roland, Crocker and such. Those guys sucked ass and were liabilities. Tate was just the safe, smart, conservative player that 99% of the time made the proper field position decision. Those low key help win games especially close games with a good defense and offense that was streaky (prior to last year).

Jesus Christ, you mf's are a bunch of whining vaginas.  Tate is nowhere as bad as his haters think, and also not an irreplaceable part of the team.  This is probably more a salary cap decision, since Tate would make about a mill, that would be guaranteed if he's on the 53 man the 1st game, and they can pay Erickson 380k.  If no one picks Tate up, and someone gets hurt, it would be friggin stupid not to bring him back after week 1, and I would bet the team told him that.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

He is actually.  He was a coaching intern, or something along those lines. 

19 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

Jesus Christ, you mf's are a bunch of whining vaginas.  Tate is nowhere as bad as his haters think, and also not an irreplaceable part of the team.  This is probably more a salary cap decision, since Tate would make about a mill, that would be guaranteed if he's on the 53 man the 1st game, and they can pay Erickson 380k.  If no one picks Tate up, and someone gets hurt, it would be friggin stupid not to bring him back after week 1, and I would bet the team told him that.

This wasn't even salary cap.  He was making pennies.  Erickson flat beat him out.

38 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

This is a we need to develop some WRs decision more than a cap decision. Tate's ceiling at WR is pretty evident. Erickson's might be the same or even lower but at some point you have to take a chance on these young guys. 

Not sure if or how this fits in but I just saw in this AM's brochure, The Cincinnati Enquirer, that Margus Hunt has a slightly injured shoulder.  Do I see a little IR hocus pocus to buy him some time without counting him toward the final countdown and coming in fresh later in the season when the roster thins out?

Not sure if or how this fits in but I just saw in this AM's brochure, The Cincinnati Enquirer, that Margus Hunt has a slightly injured shoulder.  Do I see a little IR hocus pocus to buy him some time without counting him toward the final countdown and coming in fresh later in the season when the roster thins out?

Nah I think injury is real, but Buyers remorse finally setting in up in the recruiting office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how this Tate thing will end up, but if we want to place a player on IR and then recall him later in the season, that player must make the 53-man roster. We then place him on IR after week 1, and that opens up a roster spot. If we then sign Tate, he is not guaranteed his entire year's salary if we decide to cut him later.

With several good candidates for IR-return, we will likely be signing a vet after Week 1 (not necessarily Tate back).

9 hours ago, Jason said:

This wasn't even salary cap.  He was making pennies.  Erickson flat beat him out.

Hell, Bro, I said the other day that we had to find a way to keep him.  But, in a salary cap league, if the play is close, you've got to look at dollars, and 600k is still money.

2 hours ago, EnglishBengal said:

Right now WR looks like:

AJ Green

Brandon LaFell

Tyler Boyd

James Wright

Alex Ericsson

Cody Core

This would be nice young group, with the vets 1 and 2.

I think this is a perfect scenario. Free Agency is littered with Veterans that we can nab later on. Right now we have 3 guys chomping at the bit to steal away Brandon LaFell's time. Having a legitimate carrot like that for young guys is really important IMO. 

23 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

My favorite was when you acted like it was ridiculous for Tate to be cut. 

I thought it was ridiculous? That is news to me. I wanted him replaced in past years, but I wanted him replaced with someone I trust. I don't trust Erickson. Erickson has had like 2 punts that he had to make a decision on and he fucked up one. I just don't like a guy who is young, small, extremely limited talent and already made an error.

3 hours ago, EnglishBengal said:

Right now WR looks like:

AJ Green

Brandon LaFell

Tyler Boyd

James Wright

Alex Ericsson

Cody Core

This would be nice young group, with the vets 1 and 2.

Yeah, probably right. Looks like an injury to LaFell away from being a disaster though. Don't like Boyd playing X. X guys are usually big bodied flyers. Tyler would probably be best suited for Z if he were going to play any receiver with AJ moving to X. Don't like AJ playing right on the line though..

1 hour ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I thought it was ridiculous? That is news to me. I wanted him replaced in past years, but I wanted him replaced with someone I trust. I don't trust Erickson. Erickson has had like 2 punts that he had to make a decision on and he fucked up one. I just don't like a guy who is young, small, extremely limited talent and already made an error.

You are a 1 percenter

Archived