53 and Potential Free Agents

2 hours ago, JC said:

Yeah, probably right. Looks like an injury to LaFell away from being a disaster though. Don't like Boyd playing X. X guys are usually big bodied flyers. Tyler would probably be best suited for Z if he were going to play any receiver with AJ moving to X. Don't like AJ playing right on the line though..

if Lafell goes down I thikn Wright would move into his spot. That is what he was doing in the Tampa game on that 4th quarter drive when he got hurt.

2 hours ago, JC said:

Justin Hunter getting cut by the Titans. Has the measurables, but has never really put it together.

Who were his QBs??   Because with the exception of Mariotta (he's still very young), has the guy even had a decent QB throw the ball?   The size-speed combo is tempting, but two issues for that:  1/  We kinda have that in LaFell, even with his injury,  and I kinda give some leeway because he was with the Patriots (and we all can assume how demanding the responsibilities for a Patriots WR have to be, not to mention having to be in sync with Brady)

2/  Bengals need recievers that can block and be physical, as well as somewhat smart, plus they have to be able to work with Dalton.

...hmm...looks like two points may be the same reason.

1 hour ago, DanvilleBengal said:

Who were his QBs??   Because with the exception of Mariotta (he's still very young), has the guy even had a decent QB throw the ball?   The size-speed combo is tempting, but two issues for that:  1/  We kinda have that in LaFell, even with his injury,  and I kinda give some leeway because he was with the Patriots (and we all can assume how demanding the responsibilities for a Patriots WR have to be, not to mention having to be in sync with Brady)

2/  Bengals need recievers that can block and be physical, as well as somewhat smart, plus they have to be able to work with Dalton.

...hmm...looks like two points may be the same reason.

Lafell was pretty damn good for NE 2 seasons ago when he was 100% as he went 74-953-7. He played last year with 3 different injuries which is the reason for his bad season. If he comes anywhere remotely close to 74-953-7 then we are going to the Super bowl. I'd be very happy with somewhere around 60-700-4

3 hours ago, JC said:

Justin Hunter getting cut by the Titans. Has the measurables, but has never really put it together.

I agree, although I prefer Dan Herron.  He was VERY good on special teams during his time in Cincinnati and has actually shown he can be an effective RB at times. 

29 minutes ago, JC said:

OT, but I saw WJIII during the OU-Houston game. Didn't have a sling on or anything. At least it looked just like him in an AC Milan jersey.

I don't think you need a sling for a pec injury that isn't the tendon tearing. I think you can wear the under clothes wrap that goes over one shoulder and around your chest to the back.

Packers shockingly release LG Josh Sitto... (Rotoworld) Packers released LG Josh Sitton. Analysis: This one is a head-scratcher. Although he's now on the wrong side of 30, Sitton has been a second-team All Pro each of the past three seasons, and hasn't missed a game since 2011. He was Pro Football Focus' No. 5 overall guard last year. The move saves $6.85 million, but if the Pack were interested in saving cash, it's unclear why the move wasn't made in the spring. Sitton won't take long to find a new home. 1 ho

Might be worth looking at with our injuries on the line. Could allow Boling to swing to RT for depth. 

4 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

I love when released guys are "headscartchers"

PFF is absolutely clueless, we learned a long time ago that honors for OL are bullshit and mostly by name as Willie got screwed constantly and not a single team wanted to give even a 7th round pick for him even though half the league needs OL badly.

You seem really smart. 

Archived