53 and Potential Free Agents

Out of town and off the board for a couple days, late to the party and perhaps a bit off topic for here but... how f'n stupid are the Browns?  Never  mind... a rhetorical statement.  

Browns trade former first-rounder Justin Gilbert to rival Stealers

Eric Edholm,Shutdown Corner Sat, Sep 3 10:58 AM PDT 

The Cleveland Browns continue to swab the decks of the previous regime’s mistakes. And they’re even willing to trade a once-valuable asset within the division to do so.

The perpetually rebuilding Browns reportedly will send 2014 first-round pick Justin Gilbert, who never worked out in Cleveland, to the rival Pittsburgh Stealers, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. The Browns receive a sixth-round pick in 2018.

14 minutes ago, jmckbengal said:

The Bengals still have a vacancy on the 10-man practice squad after only signing nine players today. They are:

DE Ryan Brown (rookie, Mississippi State)

HB Tra Carson (rookie, Texas A&M)

DT David Dean (rookie, Virginia)

CB Darius Hillary (rookie, Wisconsin)

WR Jake Kumerow (first-year player, Wisconsin-Whitewater)

TE Matt Lengel (first-year player, Eastern Kentucky)

CB Tony McRae (rookie, North Carolina A&T)

G Alex Redmond (rookie, UCLA)

WR Alonzo Russell (rookie, Toledo)

On 9/1/2016 at 3:58 AM, RhodeIslandFan said:

Hmm.. How'd that work out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems like it worked out fine.. dont think anyone WANTED him on the team, but he continued to make the team year after year and was re-signed in the offseason...i made the same assumption...figured there was no way we finally parted ways.... glad to be wrong.... AND Tobin said during the preseason game he wouldnt be surprised to see him back....(sadly)

seems like it worked out fine.. dont think anyone WANTED him on the team, but he continued to make the team year after year and was re-signed in the offseason...i made the same assumption...figured there was no way we finally parted ways.... glad to be wrong.... AND Tobin said during the preseason game he wouldnt be surprised to see him back....(sadly)

Um...he's not coming back. He may sign with Denver but not here. Lewis has moved away from his NFL hoarder mentality. He's finally found the strength to throw out old talent and make room for new talent

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Um...he's not coming back. He may sign with Denver but not here. Lewis has moved away from his NFL hoarder mentality. He's finally found the strength to throw out old talent and make room for new talent

*coughdomatapekocough*

2 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

You find me funny. Is that like clown funny haha! emoji41.pngemoji106.png

My intent was not to insult or be offensive to you.  No kidding.  My "*coughdomatapekocough*" comment was some sort of attempt of a wryly ironic reply to your "He's finally found the strength to throw out old talent and make room for new talent".  

My intent was not to insult or be offensive to you.  No kidding.  My "*coughdomatapekocough*" comment was some sort of attempt of a wryly ironic reply to your "He's finally found the strength to throw out old talent and make room for new talent".  

Nor was my reply to you. That's why I gave you a thumbs up Your a highly respected poster on this board and even with some of my outrageous comments. You've shown Herculean restraint at not insulting my opinions. I've appreciated that in my brief time here thxz

3 minutes ago, jhowdy54 said:

So apparently WR David Nelson turned down a Bengals offer to remain a FA. Not sure why someone would turn down the chance to play on a Super Bowl contender but I guess its his choice. Unemployed or 1 million dollars?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

This doesn't sound true. Makes no sense. 

Bullshit. 

Teams don't just offer guys they don't have a history with without a workout. They reach out and gauge the interest the player has based on the role the team has available. Considering he isn't going to play above Green, Lafell or Boyd (can technically include Eifert in this once he returns) I'm assuming he didn't come in for a workout as he's hoping for a better chance elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived