Tate Gone - per hobs

Tate was always solid, nothing great but solid. He always did what was asked of him. I'm glad the bengals let him go now so he may latch on somewhere else. On ericksons good punt return against the jags he was the first on the sideline to congratulate him. Wish him the best of luck in the future.

I have never understood the Tate hate.  He isnt a great return man, but he is a good one.  Reliably makes good decisions, isn't a fumbler and occasionally breaks one.  As a WR he is never going to be a star, but he is okay.  He hasn't had much opportunity with AJ, Jones, Sanu etc. getting all of the looks.  

He really isnt that much different than Ced Pearman which everyone seems to love.

2 hours ago, BlackBengal said:

I think this is a mistake.  

Especially when Erickson--this year's Bennie Brazell style object of fanlove--can neither return kicks/punts or catch.

I am sure Mr. Tate has been told to keep his phone on by the Bengals.   

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Especially when Erickson--this year's Bennie Brazell style object of fanlove--can neither return kicks/punts or catch.

What are talking about? He has done nothng but successfully do each of those things all camp.

I have never understood the Tate hate.  He isnt a great return man, but he is a good one.  Reliably makes good decisions, isn't a fumbler and occasionally breaks one.  As a WR he is never going to be a star, but he is okay.  He hasn't had much opportunity with AJ, Jones, Sanu etc. getting all of the looks.  

He really isnt that much different than Ced Pearman which everyone seems to love.

It's partly about the money. New kid looks good and is much cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Lucky my English sense of humour picked up on this sarcasm.

18 minutes ago, membengal said:

What are talking about? He has done noting but successfully do each of those things all camp.

Chill bro.

46 minutes ago, membengal said:

What are talking about? He has done nothng but successfully do each of those things all camp.

Emphasis added. The real stuff is yet to come. And, ultimately, the Brazell Syndrome will vanish again from the populace for our version of Vince Papale. 

I'm excited to see Erickson get the nod. Dude is averaging 41.5 tards per return on punts in the preseason. And having Rex and Alex, guys with an "X" at the end of both their first names, returning kickoffs together is going to give us an opportunity to come up with some pretty good nicknames for them...."Double X", etc

Archived