Colts v Bengals

There were some interesting bits. Vigil looks as advertised, needs some ST seasoning, may start in a couple years. I like the kid. DeShawn Williams looks promising as a backup DT. Core is a lock to make the team. Wenning is barely serviceable. I liked what I saw from Tra Carson when he ran behind the 2nd team o-line, less so the 3rd when he had no holes to pillage.

Overall a pretty yawner of a game, the soon-to-be insurance and door-to-door Omaha Steak salesmen showed up today.

I am truly convinced it is time to end the Estonian project.  He got his assistant blocked most of the time he was in...especially on run plays.  And this was against legit scrubs.  

I would like to stash David Dean somewhere.  He makes plays at DT and anchors against double teams as well as Fat Pat.

I hope Lewis-Harris isn't  hurt...he has never embarrassed himself in the past and has played well this preseason.

1 hour ago, Dr Tarzan said:

I am truly convinced it is time to end the Estonian project.  He got his assistant blocked most of the time he was in...especially on run plays.  And this was against legit scrubs.  

I would like to stash David Dean somewhere.  He makes plays at DT and anchors against double teams as well as Fat Pat.

I hope Lewis-Harris isn't  hurt...he has never embarrassed himself in the past and has played well this preseason.

It was just a stinger and he was cleared to return but didn't. I really like him as a back end corner. He's always been a reliable emergency need CB.

No mention of Chucky (what a name) Brown?  Does some nice stuff and looks like a fool otherwise.

Hunt was in on one tackle in the backfield.  Sandwiched the runner from the front and the guy in the back was given credit.  Drew a holding penalty when the offensive lineman grabbed his arm and held him.  Not at all fast, just plodding and does seem to take more than one blocker thus lots of linebacker tackles for little or no gain.

And decedent Center cuts on other teams?  I think Buffalo let one go.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

No mention of Chucky (what a name) Brown?  Does some nice stuff and looks like a fool otherwise.

Hunt was in on one tackle in the backfield.  Sandwiched the runner from the front and the guy in the back was given credit.  Drew a holding penalty when the offensive lineman grabbed his arm and held him.  Not at all fast, just plodding and does seem to take more than one blocker thus lots of linebacker tackles for little or no gain.

And decedent Center cuts on other teams?  I think Buffalo let one go.

He was also going up against future gym teachers and insurance salesmen. Hunt, for all his athletic talent, just isn't a football player and I don't think he ever will be. Whenever he goes up against legit competition he is completely neutralized. He stands too tall, has no idea how to use leverage, his hand game is terrible and he just seems to lack that killer instinct that is a key trait of a good defender. I cringed when we took him in the second round and voiced my displeasure here. I gave Zim the benefit of the doubt then, but I think it's time to move on from this failed experiment.

On 9/1/2016 at 8:45 PM, Bunghole said:

There were some interesting bits. Vigil looks as advertised, needs some ST seasoning, may start in a couple years. I like the kid. DeShawn Williams looks promising as a backup DT. Core is a lock to make the team. Wenning is barely serviceable. I liked what I saw from Tra Carson when he ran behind the 2nd team o-line, less so the 3rd when he had no holes to pillage.

Overall a pretty yawner of a game, the soon-to-be insurance and door-to-door Omaha Steak salesmen showed up today.

You were saying.  Don't think you ever had Omaha Steaks.  Go Huskers!!!

Archived