Boomer Weighs in on Kaepernick Protest

WRAPradio

“I cannot say it in the strongest, most direct way, that it’s an embarrassment and it’s about as disrespectful as any athlete has ever been,” Esiason said at a CBS event Tuesday in New York

“And I don’t care what the cause is. The NFL football field is not a place for somebody to further their political ambitions. Can you imagine if a player went out on the field with a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat and let’s vote for (Donald) Trump? It’s the same thing.”

Well, Norman, I must say I'm disappointed in your answer.  I was really hoping no current or former Bengals would jump into the mix and say something so ignorant.  I'm sorry that Kaep's cause doesn't meet your standards as "important enough" to not say anything regardless of how he chooses to peacefully say/demonstrate it.  I am, however, happy that you don't deal with anything that you deem serious enough to stand against when you feel you or people you care about are being clearly treated unfairly.  I mean, how selfish can Kaep be...making sure that those that don't have the platform that he has can be heard?  By potentially sacrificing his career to stand up for what he feels is right?  Oh, and as for being "about as disrespectful as any athlete has ever been"...Riley Cooper says hi.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, just frustrated...feel free to move or delete.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/31/boomer-esiason-would-like-colin-kaepernick-to-get-off-his-lawn/

I wish I had a picture of him laying in front of that bus of "replacement players" during his strike. But that was just for the noble cause of money in his pocket, so I guess it's ok..

SMH

Just when I think he has reached his douchebag pinnacle, he ups the ante. What a tool.

1. fuck boomers hoe ass. he certaily used his celebrity to promote his sons charity for research. sort of the same thing, trying to prevent people from dying unnecessarily.

2. tom brady literally had a trump make america great again hat in his locker during interviews. that literally happened.

3. the entire purpose of this country is so colin can do what he did. he also is required to deal with the consequences of those actions. you dont have to back him, or support him. but to deny those rights goes against the military and what this country stands for and what people have died for for this country. 

Just now, GoBengals said:

1. fuck boomers hoe ass. he certaily used his celebrity to promote his sons charity for research. sort of the same thing, trying to prevent people from dying unnecessarily.

2. tom brady literally had a trump make america great again hat in his locker during interviews. that literally happened.

3. the entire purpose of this country is so colin can do what he did. he also is required to deal with the consequences of those actions. you dont have to back him, or support him. but to deny those rights goes against the military and what this country stands for and what people have died for for this country. 

1433494710639538468.png 

6 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Boomer tell that to the Native Americans whose ancestors were targeted for genocide. Than forced on to reservations. Tell them as oil pipe lines are being built on their lands without regard for their sovereignty .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, i fully support this statement, i bring it up too when people act like we are such a kind group of people... BUT it doesnt really relate to the issue at hand too directly.

killing innocent people and dicking over people we let think have rights for capital gains both fall under the "asshole" umbrella. but different problems by far.

24 minutes ago, big_dish said:

Totally the wrong forum for liberal false narratives to be spewed. This should absolutely be moved to the anti cop/ pro violent criminal worshippers forum.

Um, wtf. No one here fucking worships criminals. My uncle is a cop, and many of my family including myself served in the Armed Forces. I am a vet. What the fuck have you sacrificed?

If you disagree with the content of a post, or someone's opinion, fine, bring logic. But don't disparage the characters of others because you disagree with them politically. Talk about false narratives. It's also a personal attack.

1 hour ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Don't bother calling 911 then if that's the way you feel about the police.  After all they just profile. D Bags.  Have no clue what police officers go through.  Back to football Hunt still sucks

Do your job right, and people won't have to feel that way.  

Don't do stuff you're not supposed to do.

Don't be places your not supposed to be.

When a cop says stop, stop.

Those 3 simple rules will keep you from having trouble with cops 99% of the time.

Yeah, every once in a while you get a bad cop.  But far more often than not the cop is right.

41 minutes ago, Jason said:

Those 3 simple rules will keep you from having trouble with cops 99% of the time.

Yeah, every once in a while you get a bad cop.  But far more often than not the cop is right.

http://ktla.com/2016/07/20/unarmed-therapist-shot-by-police-while-trying-to-calm-autistic-man/

Video released Wednesday shows the moment before North Miami police shot an unarmed, behavioral therapist as he tried to calm a man with autism, according to WSVN.

Still recovering in a hospital bed, Charles Kinsey is now talking about what happened in that cellphone video recorded Monday.

"When I went to the ground, I went to the ground with my hands up," he said. "And I am laying there just like this, telling them again there is no need for firearms."

Police were responding to a 911 call about a disturbed man walking around with a gun, threatening suicide. Kinsey said that man was one of his patients, Rinaldo, who has autism. The reported gun, he said, was actually a toy truck.

The video shows Kinsey, with both hands held up in the air, telling officers "All he has is a toy truck. A toy truck. I am a behavior therapist at a group home."

Kinsey was simultaneously trying to calm Rinaldo and explain what was happening to the police, he says, when an officer shot him.

"I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I'm thinking, 'I just got shot!' Kinsey recalled. "I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me were, 'I don't know.'"

Kinsey said the officers then handcuffed him and flipped him over as he bled onto the concrete. Kinsey told WSVN that being cuffed after being shot upsets him the most. He says he still experiences flashbacks when he closes his eyes.

Both Kinsey and his wife told reporters they are just happy he survived and is able to tell his story.

The North Miami Police Department issued a statement asking for witnesses, photos and videos of the officer-involved shooting, and called the investigation open and ongoing. The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is also investigating.

The officer who shot Kinsey has been placed on administrative leave.

5 hours ago, big_dish said:

Totally the wrong forum for liberal false narratives to be spewed. This should absolutely be moved to the anti cop/ pro violent criminal worshippers forum.

And here's GreatlyExaggeratedDish with another thoughtful contribution.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

And if not, those cops will execute you in the street, or if you're lucky, just kick the living shit out of you in front of their oops-it's-broken dashcams.

Don't want to be murdered by out-of-control bullies drunk on power? Get down and lick their boots like they told you & you won't have any problems!

-signed, mostly law-abiding white dude who doesn't see what all the fuss is about

4 hours ago, Jason said:

That's fucking Bullshit.  You and I have seen enough videos in the last few years to know that some, not all, but some of the police are on a friggin power trip, and it's more than 1 percent.  Just look at this.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Video-Released-of-Police-Handcuffing-SF-Attorney-Trying-to-Represent-Client-290141641.html

40 minutes ago, kennethmw said:

That's fucking Bullshit.  You and I have seen enough videos in the last few years to know that some, not all, but some of the police are on a friggin power trip, and it's more than 1 percent.  Just look at this.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Video-Released-of-Police-Handcuffing-SF-Attorney-Trying-to-Represent-Client-290141641.html

IMO the bigger problem is that the other 99% are more than happy to lie for the bad 1%.

Archived