Boomer Weighs in on Kaepernick Protest

WRAPradio

Don't bother calling 911 then if that's the way you feel about the police.  After all they just profile. D Bags.  Have no clue what police officers go through.  Back to football Hunt still sucks

Can't believe their giving up a rooster spot for him....,but he was a first round pick after all. Hopefully the light comes on this season. Size, strength, speed but still lacks technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://ktla.com/2016/07/20/unarmed-therapist-shot-by-police-while-trying-to-calm-autistic-man/

[/url] Video released Wednesday shows the moment before North Miami police shot an unarmed, behavioral therapist as he tried to calm a man with autism, according to WSVN.

Still recovering in a hospital bed, Charles Kinsey is now talking about what happened in that cellphone video recorded Monday.

"When I went to the ground, I went to the ground with my hands up," he said. "And I am laying there just like this, telling them again there is no need for firearms."

Police were responding to a 911 call about a disturbed man walking around with a gun, threatening suicide. Kinsey said that man was one of his patients, Rinaldo, who has autism. The reported gun, he said, was actually a toy truck.

The video shows Kinsey, with both hands held up in the air, telling officers "All he has is a toy truck. A toy truck. I am a behavior therapist at a group home."

Kinsey was simultaneously trying to calm Rinaldo and explain what was happening to the police, he says, when an officer shot him.

"I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I'm thinking, 'I just got shot!' Kinsey recalled. "I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me were, 'I don't know.'"

Kinsey said the officers then handcuffed him and flipped him over as he bled onto the concrete. Kinsey told WSVN that being cuffed after being shot upsets him the most. He says he still experiences flashbacks when he closes his eyes.

Both Kinsey and his wife told reporters they are just happy he survived and is able to tell his story.

The North Miami Police Department issued a statement asking for witnesses, photos and videos of the officer-involved shooting, and called the investigation open and ongoing. The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is also investigating.

The officer who shot Kinsey has been placed on administrative leave.

Man! Steve Jobs impact on the world went far beyond music in your pocket. Portable videos have exposed police crimes. In the past,eye witness reports of police and those of eye witnesses. Were hand written. The Police without video footage were 100% of the time considered a reliable source. It was their word vs eye witnesses. Many who had grown up saying stop when they say stop. Now realize because of portable cameras. Stopping doesn't always stop a bullet. Thank you Mr Jobs. You've shown many the truth. Oh except when the cops conveniently forget to turn on their cameras

1.  Boomer discussing this issue is like the pot calling the kettle black. 

2.  Colin's message good,  method of delivery not the best,  Colin's attempt to get people in a dialogue about the issue is successful, etc... 

3.  49ers are still my nemesis. 

4.  The military and  police are microcosms of today's society.   The problems that exist within society will be represented and amplified when they happen within the military or police. 

5.  The power trip I hear mentioned is represented in one form or another in all facets of society without regards to race,  culture,  religion,  or political affiliation. 

6.  Fixing anything with this issue will have to start with society as a whole not a part. 

7.  Been on 3 sides of the equation.   Here in the States and overseas in,  on,  or over just about every continent.   

8.  DNA studies show that we were all Africans about 30,000 years ago. 

9.  Economic classes within society are more varied than our DNA. 

10.  Not very hopeful for a solution while hate exists between the various groups. 

Want a solution  ?  Tired of the hate ?

Discuss,  Organize, Vote,  and Educate. 

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.   Lead,  follow,  or get the hell out of the way. 

11 hours ago, kennethmw said:

That's fucking Bullshit.  You and I have seen enough videos in the last few years to know that some, not all, but some of the police are on a friggin power trip, and it's more than 1 percent.  Just look at this.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Video-Released-of-Police-Handcuffing-SF-Attorney-Trying-to-Represent-Client-290141641.html

So how about that Clinton crime bill? amirite? ;)

23 hours ago, Lucid said:

http://ktla.com/2016/07/20/unarmed-therapist-shot-by-police-while-trying-to-calm-autistic-man/

Video released Wednesday shows the moment before North Miami police shot an unarmed, behavioral therapist as he tried to calm a man with autism, according to WSVN.

Still recovering in a hospital bed, Charles Kinsey is now talking about what happened in that cellphone video recorded Monday.

"When I went to the ground, I went to the ground with my hands up," he said. "And I am laying there just like this, telling them again there is no need for firearms."

Police were responding to a 911 call about a disturbed man walking around with a gun, threatening suicide. Kinsey said that man was one of his patients, Rinaldo, who has autism. The reported gun, he said, was actually a toy truck.

The video shows Kinsey, with both hands held up in the air, telling officers "All he has is a toy truck. A toy truck. I am a behavior therapist at a group home."

Kinsey was simultaneously trying to calm Rinaldo and explain what was happening to the police, he says, when an officer shot him.

"I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I'm thinking, 'I just got shot!' Kinsey recalled. "I'm saying, 'Sir, why did you shoot me?' and his words to me were, 'I don't know.'"

Kinsey said the officers then handcuffed him and flipped him over as he bled onto the concrete. Kinsey told WSVN that being cuffed after being shot upsets him the most. He says he still experiences flashbacks when he closes his eyes.

Both Kinsey and his wife told reporters they are just happy he survived and is able to tell his story.

The North Miami Police Department issued a statement asking for witnesses, photos and videos of the officer-involved shooting, and called the investigation open and ongoing. The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office is also investigating.

The officer who shot Kinsey has been placed on administrative leave.

So just to be clear, posting video evidence of an unjust shooting of an innocent black man is righteous, but posting video evidence of unjust shootings and beatings of innocent whites is racist. AMIRITE?

LOL.

Carry on.

1 minute ago, BengalBacker said:

So just to be clear, posting video evidence of an unjust shooting of an innocent black man is righteous, but posting video evidence of unjust shootings and beatings of innocent whites is racist. AMIRITE?

LOL.

Carry on.

Yes. For various reasons what you did was racist bullshit. You made a thread entitled "it's a jungle out there" with a bunch of random youtube posts of dubious origin with no context other than racism, and content from white power websites and individuals. This is a news story of a man being shot by a cop who is literally laying on his back with his hands in the air stating that he is a therapist trying to calm his autistic patient. The fact you don't see the difference is very telling.

24 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Yes. For various reasons what you did was racist bullshit. You made a thread entitled "it's a jungle out there" with a bunch of random youtube posts of dubious origin with no context other than racism, and content from white power websites and individuals. This is a news story of a man being shot by a cop who is literally laying on his back with his hands in the air stating that he is a therapist trying to calm his autistic patient. The fact you don't see the difference is very telling.

The fact that you don't see the similarity is very telling, and your characterization of what I did and who I am is wrong.

But hey, I hardly ever come here anymore, and from what I can see, neither do a whole lot of other people who used to be here daily. Looks like you and a handful of others got your little corner of the internet where the only thoughts tolerated are those that align with yours. Hope that echo you guys hear makes you happy.

Have a nice day.

:6:

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

So how about that Clinton crime bill? amirite? ;)

Gotta "bring them to heel" after all..

5 hours ago, BengalBacker said:

The fact that you don't see the similarity is very telling, and your characterization of what I did and who I am is wrong.

But hey, I hardly ever come here anymore, and from what I can see, neither do a whole lot of other people who used to be here daily. Looks like you and a handful of others got your little corner of the internet where the only thoughts tolerated are those that align with yours. Hope that echo you guys hear makes you happy.

Have a nice day.

Nice "take my ball & go home" response.  I guess that's much easier than explaining yourself. There are constant differences in opinion on here, even in this thread.  Instead of having a rational, at least semi-productive discussion you posted a bunch of inflammatory bullshit and then ran for cover when challenged.  Are your beliefs really so fragile that you're unable to withstand an argument on an internet forum?  That would indicate that you're not so sure of them yourself, which would be encouraging if you weren't trying to blame everyone else for your apparent misgivings. Seems to me you were the one looking for an echo chamber.  Maybe consider dropping this martyr act & clarifying what your purpose was in posting the shit you did instead.

Have a nice day.

1 hour ago, BengalBacker said:

Have a nice day.

Actually the loss of members was due to a few trolls that made the site unenjoyable for everyone. The new mod crew was put in place as a way to remedy the caustic environment that had taken hold, not the cause of it. Also we are a diverse group with members of various political leanings and perspectives and not some liberal "group think" that you want to label us as. I would hardly think Bunghole, Numbers, USNBengal or SF2 meets this label. More importantly no one here has ever had a mod action taken against them for simply posting an opinion unless it violates the Terms of Use sticky'd at the top of the football forum which forbids among other things:

1.  Personal attacks - name calling, insulting, material that defames, abuses or threatens others, etc.

(Subsections:  if necessary to delineate the offense/reason for moderation)

a.  Verbal violence or threats
    b.  Statements that are bigoted, hateful or offensive to any person or group of persons.
    c.  Bigoted or Insensitive references to any race, sex, religion, etc.

Your distasteful incident happened before I was even a mod. I'm not sure why you can't see why what you did was wrong, but it was. And it wasn't just a couple people that had a problem with it. As for the story I posted, I never made any note of race. That video and the story surrounding it should be unfathomable to anyone who sees it. And this wasn't some random violence committed by some guy. It was a police officer, and there was absolutely no reason for that kind of standoff in the first place let alone anyone getting shot during it. It's completely mind blowing that this could happen in this country. The fact you think this is the same thing as finding a video of random street violence is baffling to me.

Most of you have your minds made up that cops are bad so why we wasting our time going back and forth.  That 99% lie to protect the 1% is an ignorant comment, just straight out talking out your ass n is complete bullshit but I guess it's okay here with most liberal posters.  And our"Mod" agrees with  it.  Smh. No wonder theres an average of one new Topic a day.   

3 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

Most of you have your minds made up that cops are bad so why we wasting our time going back and forth.  That 99% lie to protect the 1% is an ignorant comment, just straight out talking out your ass n is complete bullshit but I guess it's okay here with most liberal posters.  And our"Mod" agrees with  it.  Smh. No wonder theres an average of one new Topic a day.   

I would argue that you have to look for it but the argument is more nuanced than you are saying here.

5 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

I don't think cops are bad. I have family who are cops. I am also on the community council for my neighborhood and am involved in a "stop the violence" campaign that works closely with police to try and make a difference in regards to gun and drug violence in the community. I think cops are overwhelmingly good people who do a very tough job. I also think that in a broad sense there is a problem with the way we handle enforcement in this country. I think it's a policy and training problem more than that "cops are bad". In fact, I think the Cincinnati police are a model in good policing for the country. When the riots happened here it caused the community and police and government to come together and change the way things were done. There is a true 3rd person commission that is in no way affiliated with the department that reviews complaints and accusations. Surprisingly the police here have a very positive view of this process as it has served to protect them as well as the community. There are true and substantial outreach programs between police and the community that really work. There are still problems here, but there is a reason CPD hasn't popped up on any of these cell phone video incidents. CPD also just instituted body cams which, once the process is smoothed out, will further protect officer and community from these things. 

There IS a problem by in large here in the US, and I would hope as a police officer you would be just as outraged by that video that I posted because of it's complete absurdity. We need to come together as a nation, cops, community and government to find a way to fix it. America should not be a place where innocent citizens fear being shot by cops. But the "thin blue line" attitude is part of the problem, and until cops are willing to recognize there is a problem it will continue to persist.

As far as me being a mod. I'm not sure how that is relevant. Have I ever threatened, intimidated or in any other way made you feel that you cannot express your opinion here? I should be allowed to express opinions just like anyone else here and to my knowledge have never used my status as a mod to influence a conversation. In fact, the mods work as a group on disciplinary actions and no one has the authority to singlehandedly punish someone in this way. All I have the power to do is issue warnings and hide content, all of which is subsequently subject to review by my fellow mods. If you have an example of how I have in any way abused my position here, please let me know so I can correct it.

7 hours ago, SocalBengalEd said:

WTF? my mind's not made up.  Which "most" are you referring to?

21 minutes ago, CincyInDC said:

WTF? my mind's not made up.  Which "most" are you referring to?

Right? And I most certainly don't believe that all cops are bad, but think the issues we are having in this country are systemic and are tied to training. Case in point: The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (Metro) used to have a "Shoot first, ask later" policy, and were considered one of the worst police forces in the country when it came to using deadly force. I was an outspoken critic of them during this time, but guess what? They changed their policies and their procedures, in addition to changing their attitudes towards citizens they were policing (empathy training is now part of their protocol), and they are now considered one of the best police forces in the country and are used as a model for change:

How one of the deadliest police forces in America stopped shooting people

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

As far as me being a mod. I'm not sure how that is relevant. Have I ever threatened, intimidated or in any other way made you feel that you cannot express your opinion here? I should be allowed to express opinions just like anyone else here and to my knowledge have never used my status as a mod to influence a conversation. In fact, the mods work as a group on disciplinary actions and no one has the authority to singlehandedly punish someone in this way. All I have the power to do is issue warnings and hide content, all of which is subsequently subject to review by my fellow mods. If you have an example of how I have in any way abused my position here, please let me know so I can correct it.

Welcome to being a MOD where if you express opinions that others dont like the status gets used against you.

That's fucking Bullshit.  You and I have seen enough videos in the last few years to know that some, not all, but some of the police are on a friggin power trip, and it's more than 1 percent.  Just look at this.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Video-Released-of-Police-Handcuffing-SF-Attorney-Trying-to-Represent-Client-290141641.html

Makes you wonder who these psychiatrists are that give them their final police academy entrance approval. Leads one to believe they to must harbor their own deep seated racist opinions. Which blinds them to many of these cadets short comings.

On 9/4/2016 at 5:33 AM, SocalBengalEd said:

I would challenge you to find anyone saying anything remotely like "cops are bad".  That's a very simplistic interpretation but one that lends itself to an emotional reaction. You're "supporting the police" and everyone else is a libtard criminal apologist.  But it's everyone else that is "talking out of their ass", as you ignore the reality of cops routinely lying to protect one another.  Hell it's even an issue between cops, it's a very real and common problem you're happy to dismiss as some kind of liberal politics.  I'd imagine the head of Internal Affairs for any major police force would tell you otherwise.

I think what you need to ask yourself is, is our criminal justice system fair?  Does someone accused of a crime receive the same treatment regardless of race, wealth, social standing or connections to power?  Are the laws themselves fair? For example, is it ok to charge someone differently for having a gram of rock cocaine vs a gram of powder, and if not, why was the law designed that way? Is our policing community-oriented or adversarial by design? Does our for-profit prison system seek to rehabilitate and reform, or is it more realistically a recruitment center for gangs meant to create a criminal class of repeat customers?

Of course very little of this is decided by police, but when someone chooses to become an enforcer for what is at best a flawed system, doesn't it make sense to question their motives?  And when one or more particular groups of disenfranchised people are not only most victimized by these obvious flaws, but are then told they deserve such treatment by virtue of their race or class, is it any surprise that their resentment grows?

Archived