Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
GoBengals

Whos going to the home opener vs the Broncos? where you sittin?

Recommended Posts

As i scour the ends of the earth for tickets i can afford without my children starving, just curious where everyone sits and who all is going?

feel free to get as specific as you want seat numbers and all.. if i do land some tickets would be cool to sit near some folks or say hi at minimum, i will have my son with me so we will be keeping a low profile for the most part.

my season tickets are sec 116. row 18, seats 15/16, BUT i sold those to a friend. a broker has the 8 seats next to them, but is asking $300 per seats (wtf). 

where is everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

As i scour the ends of the earth for tickets i can afford without my children starving, just curious where everyone sits and who all is going?

feel free to get as specific as you want seat numbers and all.. if i do land some tickets would be cool to sit near some folks or say hi at minimum, i will have my son with me so we will be keeping a low profile for the most part.

my season tickets are sec 116. row 18, seats 15/16, BUT i sold those to a friend. a broker has the 8 seats next to them, but is asking $300 per seats (wtf). 

where is everyone?

 

My question is, why the Broncos game? I mean I know you live in Denver, but have you developed an attachment to your new home team? There are more intriguing home games IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lucid said:

 

My question is, why the Broncos game? I mean I know you live in Denver, but have you developed an attachment to your new home team? There are more intriguing home games IMO.

that weekend ending being a crazy stacked weekend. i dont care who the team was we played, being the broncos actually shits on it a little because tickets are so pricey AND we could lose..

Friday is Shawn Voelkers art show, he is the guy who does all of the bengals and reds artwork, i have been collecting his art a LOT and geting it signed as i had the opportunity.

Saturday is the Bearcats Miami(oh) game, i went to both of those schools for college. tickets are cheap as hell obviously, sitting 4th row 40 yardline for $30.

Sunday is bengals game...just happens to be the broncos.

FRI-SUN is also Cincinnati Comic Expo(comic con). Stan Lee, Rob Liefeld, etc will be there. one of Stan Lees last appearences ever. met him here in denver a few months ago, i cant afford to meet him again but a cool event none the less. 

SOOOO

Me and my son fly out of Denver at 11:59pm Thursday night, land in Indianapolis Friday morning around 5:30AM($39 plane tickets have shitting flight times), grab rental car(free from rewards points), drive to cincy. hopefully check in early and sleep a few hours, hit up the Voelker show, hopefully meet some players there, sleep, get up, do the Bearcats game then comic con or vice versa(game time TBA), catch up with friends, sleep, get up, do bengals game, catch up with friends and family, sleep, fly out of INDY Monday afternoon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

that weekend ending being a crazy stacked weekend. i dont care who the team was we played, being the broncos actually shits on it a little because tickets are so pricey AND we could lose..

Friday is Shawn Voelkers art show, he is the guy who does all of the bengals and reds artwork, i have been collecting his art a LOT and geting it signed as i had the opportunity.

Saturday is the Bearcats Miami(oh) game, i went to both of those schools for college. tickets are cheap as hell obviously, sitting 4th row 40 yardline for $30.

Sunday is bengals game...just happens to be the broncos.

FRI-SUN is also Cincinnati Comic Expo(comic con). Stan Lee, Rob Liefeld, etc will be there. one of Stan Lees last appearences ever. met him here in denver a few months ago, i cant afford to meet him again but a cool event none the less. 

SOOOO

Me and my son fly out of Denver at 11:59pm Thursday night, land in Indianapolis Friday morning around 5:30AM($39 plane tickets have shitting flight times), grab rental car(free from rewards points), drive to cincy. hopefully check in early and sleep a few hours, hit up the Voelker show, hopefully meet some players there, sleep, get up, do the Bearcats game then comic con or vice versa(game time TBA), catch up with friends, sleep, get up, do bengals game, catch up with friends and family, sleep, fly out of INDY Monday afternoon.

 

All good reasons.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

Friday is Shawn Voelkers art show, he is the guy who does all of the bengals and reds artwork, i have been collecting his art a LOT and geting it signed as i had the opportunity.

 

 

Section 120

 

Is Voelker's show for anyone? Free entry? Ticket price? I'm really interested in some of his art work for my basement. I didn't know he was having a show soon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimKrumrieFan said:

Section 120

 

Is Voelker's show for anyone? Free entry? Ticket price? I'm really interested in some of his art work for my basement. I didn't know he was having a show soon.

Sept. 23rd Art Show - Lexus RiverCenter  6pm-9pm  633 W 3rd St, Covington, KY 41011

appears free, its at a fancy lexus dealer so i cant imagine any scenario where he charges.

my goal is to get a few originals done from him. i have a zillion prints.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

Sept. 23rd Art Show - Lexus RiverCenter  6pm-9pm  633 W 3rd St, Covington, KY 41011

appears free, its at a fancy lexus dealer so i cant imagine any scenario where he charges.

my goal is to get a few originals done from him. i have a zillion prints.

 

Any clue what his prices are on originals? I'd definitely like to put 1 or 2 down here in the basement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Section 120

 

Is Voelker's show for anyone? Free entry? Ticket price? I'm really interested in some of his art work for my basement. I didn't know he was having a show soon.

also if you ARE a big krumie fan... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Krumrie-1980s-Cincinnati-Bengals-game-used-jersey-autographed-/222233672813?hash=item33be28bc6d:g:VxUAAOSwknJXxII9

autographed game used jersey on ebay.

Just now, TimKrumrieFan said:

Any clue what his prices are on originals? I'd definitely like to put 1 or 2 down here in the basement.

typically around $1200-1500, they are 3' x 4'. if you did multiple that price amy come down. do you use facebook? https://www.facebook.com/shawnvoelkerart/ you can message him there, he replied pretty quickly. really really a great guy. you can buy prints from him that way as well, and his gallery has over 100 peices he has done. you can get prints of any he has done, takes 1-2 weeks for prints to be done once you pay. he prints on demand, great quality as ell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

also if you ARE a big krumie fan... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Krumrie-1980s-Cincinnati-Bengals-game-used-jersey-autographed-/222233672813?hash=item33be28bc6d:g:VxUAAOSwknJXxII9

autographed game used jersey on ebay.

typically around $1200-1500, they are 3' x 4'. if you did multiple that price amy come down. do you use facebook? https://www.facebook.com/shawnvoelkerart/ you can message him there, he replied pretty quickly. really really a great guy. you can buy prints from him that way as well, and his gallery has over 100 peices he has done. you can get prints of any he has done, takes 1-2 weeks for prints to be done once you pay. he prints on demand, great quality as ell.

Oh my...between that jersey, the Voelker price and the a 4K projector my wife is going to murder me after I murder our savings. I need to find a couple side jobs lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Oh my...between that jersey, the Voelker price and the a 4K projector my wife is going to murder me after I murder our savings. I need to find a couple side jobs lol.

haha it all ads up very quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

haha it all ads up very quickly.

Yep and we just refi'd so we have no like no extra income right now. Shit is tight. The rates were incredible and we had to do it but damn did it bump our monthly up quite a bit. Our lives will have to change dramaticallywhen we finally decide to have a kid :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TimKrumrieFan said:

Yep and we just refi'd so we have no like no extra income right now. Shit is tight. The rates were incredible and we had to do it but damn did it bump our monthly up quite a bit. Our lives will have to change dramaticallywhen we finally decide to have a kid :( 

kids... man..

in the last 12 months i think i added up we spent $3500 on sports alone for them to play.. turns out they require food and clothing too... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Section 104, row 18. Or also known as AmishLand.

Oh, and for the Krumrie in everyone:

I bought this jersey in 1983, when the man was sharing time with Jerry Boyarsky at NT. Bought it at Koch's, who were the Bengals official outfitters at the time. Still fits (sometimes)

Not game worn or anything, but it would have been the same jersey the team had on the field back then. 

  

IMG_0007.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 1:42 PM, Le Tigre said:

Section 104, row 18. Or also known as AmishLand.

Oh, and for the Krumrie in everyone:

I bought this jersey in 1983, when the man was sharing time with Jerry Boyarsky at NT. Bought it at Koch's, who were the Bengals official outfitters at the time. Still fits (sometimes)

Not game worn or anything, but it would have been the same jersey the team had on the field back then. 

  

IMG_0007.JPG

man, wish i would have been on top of this earlier, someone a few rows behind you is selling 4 tickets on stubhub for like $218, their cut of that is like $140 id gladly toss $150 their way and cut stubhubs punk ass out of the deal..

there is nothing lower sideline under $200. BRUTAL...

nearly 10% of the entire stadium is for sale on stubhub though.. so i can hope the prices drops..  but things are looking down. 

if anyone knows of anyone getting rid of 2-4 tickets, let me know..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I will be out of town that weekend.   My seats are in section 304, Row 2, Seats 3 and 4.    I sit directly in front of Len Orme, (the guy who puts all the trips together that Amish and LeTigre talk about.)  The seats aren't as good as your season tickets, obviously, but being in row 2 in the upper deck isn't bad at all. 

If you are interested, I would give them to you as a thanks for having the board up for so long.  

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2016 at 5:06 PM, khwiii said:

So, I will be out of town that weekend.   My seats are in section 304, Row 2, Seats 3 and 4.    I sit directly in front of Len Orme, (the guy who puts all the trips together that Amish and LeTigre talk about.)  The seats aren't as good as your season tickets, obviously, but being in row 2 in the upper deck isn't bad at all. 

If you are interested, I would give them to you as a thanks for having the board up for so long.  

this is AWESOME! Thank you! Sending a PM now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone ever done the "VIP tailgate party" my cousin was offered some tickets, didnt know if it was worth the time.. says food, cheerleaders, who dey, etc.. starts like 10am...

where it describes it is basically the jungle zone thing on the main entrance area.. but that was always open to public... ive been gone a while.. so no idea what it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like the "VIP" tailgate party is just the jungle zone with some free food and drink coupons.. 

not that it seemed like anyone else cared.... lol

recomendations to watch the afternoon games close to PBS thats not balls deep packed? two adults and two kids...??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im in sec 148, FYI, across from a few of you and diagonal from my usual seats..

 

only other time i have sat on that side of the field was the exact same section, in 2003 for the season opener against the broncos. my first nfl game live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know Amish's schedule yet, but chances are we will be at the Holy Grail sometime after 11am. Feel free to wander by, and I will be happy to buy you a cold one. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don't know Amish's schedule yet, but chances are we will be at the Holy Grail sometime after 11am. Feel free to wander by, and I will be happy to buy you a cold one. 


My plan will be decided by our group of 4 meeting up and getting downtown. If I can make it there in that timeframe I will swing by for sure.




Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×