Minnesota Zimmers acquire Sam Bradford

Steep Price  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have traded AJ Mac for a 1 and 4?

• Yes
    • No

I was thinking a 1 and 3 but would settle for a 1 and 4.  I know trading him is not the majority thought on this board and having a different opinion is considered "trolling" by some but he's gone for nothing soon and more than likely (hopefully) would spend the majority of his time here on the bench.

I was also goofing on thoughts of McCarron getting to the Super Bowl before the Marvengals.

Damnnnnnn. Since we control AJ for three more years and he likely gets a first/second round tender in his last year, you definitely consider a 1 and a 4. I'm not sure they would give that based off of a handful of games though.

33 minutes ago, JC said:

Damnnnnnn. Since we control AJ for three more years and he likely gets a first/second round tender in his last year, you definitely consider a 1 and a 4. I'm not sure they would give that based off of a handful of games though.

We only have control McCarron through next year.

27 minutes ago, JC said:

There was an article floating around that he will be an RFA in year 5 due to not playing his rookie year. I know it was definitely in an earlier thread, not sure which one. 

OHHHHH! Yeah, I vaguely remember seeing that. Do we know if that's the gospel's truth?

The Iggles stole this one. Bradford is despised in Phila and was considered Chip's guy. Wentz was drafted for this purpose: to rid themselves of Sam Bradford. 

Good move for the Vikings too because they are absolutely poised for the Super Bowl. The draft pick they gave up is going to be a very late first rounder. Well worth a starting QB.

The Vikings know they have something and they didn't want to give up on this season. Good move by both sides.

7 minutes ago, thezerawkid said:

OHHHHH! Yeah, I vaguely remember seeing that. Do we know if that's the gospel's truth?

I'm going to assume it is, but I'm guessing McCarron could/might fight it since he didn't want to go on IR in the first place.

When I saw that this morning I about shit my pants laughing. Minnesota's GM should be shot. And I like Bradford more than your average person lol.

I'm no fan of china doll Bradford but the Vikes have a great OLine and this is a one year band aid. They get a vet starter with some skill for very little in return. Good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Harley said:

I'm no fan of china doll Bradford but the Vikes have a great OLine and this is a one year band aid. They get a vet starter with some skill for very little in return. Good move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They vikes do not have a good OL. They have AP that makes it look good. They are sacrificing the future for a guy who won't stay healthy and will get crushed and isn't going to get them a SB.

They upgraded their bad line by signing Andre Smith and he really has declined significantly the last couple of years.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

A first round pick is too much to give up for a 1 year starter.

I agree. Bad decision by the Vikings on this one. Unless they think Teddy is done, I don't get it. Maybe they have reason to think the injury is worse than was initially reported?

1 hour ago, Lucid said:

I agree. Bad decision by the Vikings on this one. Unless they think Teddy is done, I don't get it. Maybe they have reason to think the injury is worse than was initially reported?

That could very well be the case. From what I've seen of the modern NFL in general, I tend to assume every injury is worse than initially reported.  Bridgewater's sounded particularly gruesome.  I think it's very likely they are uncertain of his future at this point.

8 minutes ago, Harley said:

Think of it this way - do you give up a very late first rounder for a legit shot at the Super Bowl?

Does Bradford really give them any more legit shot at the SB than some FA game manager?  Isn't it just as (if not more) likely that Bradford doesn't last half the season and that draft pick rises at least to the middle round, a spot where they could've made a move for a more promising long-term replacement QB?

Archived