Andy when he had time to throw.

Margus Hunt finally showing something 

Josh Shaw, and some of the under named guys in the 2ndary

Jeremy Hill holding onto the ball

Tips by the Dline

The bad

No real pressure by the Dline

The Ugly

Worst game by the Oline I've seen, 7 sacks breaks the record for sacks. They better get that fixed.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

The Good.

Margus Hunt finally showing something 

FINALLY.  Hope he builds on that.

The Ugly

Worst game by the Oline I've seen, 7 sacks breaks the record for sacks. They better get that fixed.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, they've got to start running the ball more early.  I know they're not a great run-blocking OL but it keeps the defense honest. 5 attempts in the first half is a recipe for sacks.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

FINALLY.  Hope he builds on that.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, they've got to start running the ball more early.  I know they're not a great run-blocking OL but it keeps the defense honest. 5 attempts in the first half is a recipe for sacks.

Agreed on Hunt.

As far as the running, I'll have to watch again but it didnt look like they were getting anywhere with it. The interior of the Oline had a really bad day.

The problem on the line was not as a unit but pretty much the right side getting owned.   Pretty sure if 74 was upgraded or coached up this problem would go away. 

The good.   Jets had worse luck than we did.   Dalton making difficult throws and receivers not looking too much like rookies.   Marcus Hunt chased someone down from behind. 

The bad.   Right side of o line.   

The ugly.   Ran out of Guinness early. 

20 minutes ago, Numbers said:

The problem on the line was not as a unit but pretty much the right side getting owned.   Pretty sure if 74 was upgraded or coached up this problem would go away. 

The good.   Jets had worse luck than we did.   Dalton making difficult throws and receivers not looking too much like rookies.   Marcus Hunt chased someone down from behind. 

The bad.   Right side of o line.   

The ugly.   Ran out of Guinness early. 

It was the interior. I think it was 4 or 5 of the 7 sacks were the result of the C or RG fucking up. 1 on Ced and a couple you could argue were Dalton's fault.

13 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

It was the interior. I think it was 4 or 5 of the 7 sacks were the result of the C or RG fucking up. 1 on Ced and a couple you could argue were Dalton's fault.

I saw Whitworth on his ass on one of the sacks....

The Jets have a good defense.... Don't blame it all on the Oline.... This is a good win that most thought we wouldn't get. 

Opener on the road against a good team? This was a good weekend.

Let happily eat crow on Margus Hunt...blocked a kick that ended up being the difference in the game, tip a pass that should hav been intercepted, was the only DL that didn't seem to take some plays off.  Without Margus, this one is an L.

Bodine and Zeitler totally stunk up the joint.  they were getting fooled by simple little stunts time and again...when they weren't getting manhandled.   A number of times the line scheme didn't seem to fit the play call also, which left Andy a sitting duck.

The interior of our DL was MIA as well....did Geno play? outside of a coverage sack, did he even have a stat?  They were gashing us badly in the 2nd half.

Playing lousy and escaping with a conference road W...I think we will be treasuring this one in Dec.   That said, play like this next week and it will be another embarrassing day against the Bastards

Watching AJ and Andy make clutch plays was 7th heaven.

1 hour ago, Tigers Johnson said:

The Jets have a good defense.... Don't blame it all on the Oline.... This is a good win that most thought we wouldn't get. 

On an emotional day too.  It was big that they were able to withstand that early emotion and keep the game close.

1 hour ago, Dr Tarzan said:

Let happily eat crow on Margus Hunt...blocked a kick that ended up being the difference in the game, tip a pass that should hav been intercepted, was the only DL that didn't seem to take some plays off.  Without Margus, this one is an L.

Bodine and Zeitler totally stunk up the joint.  they were getting fooled by simple little stunts time and again...when they weren't getting manhandled.   A number of times the line scheme didn't seem to fit the play call also, which left Andy a sitting duck.

The interior of our DL was MIA as well....did Geno play? outside of a coverage sack, did he even have a stat?  They were gashing us badly in the 2nd half.

Playing lousy and escaping with a conference road W...I think we will be treasuring this one in Dec.   That said, play like this next week and it will be another embarrassing day against the Bastards

Watching AJ and Andy make clutch plays was 7th heaven.

I don't quite see it this way. At least, not in the case of the oline. We aren't going to face a front four that good for awhile. I think this game was an outlier for the oline, d-line and the running game. I think Jeremy Hill is still going to have a fantastic year. That TD run by him was so studly the way he trucked #21. He straight up ran right over him.

I also want to give credit to the defense for bending but not breaking on those two goaline stands keeping them from scoring TD's. We also had some breaks go our way too, like that offensive PI call against Marshall covered by Dre. That was really ticky tack.

8 minutes ago, Bunghole said:

I don't quite see it this way. At least, not in the case of the oline. We aren't going to face a front four that good for awhile. I think this game was an outlier for the oline, d-line and the running game. I think Jeremy Hill is still going to have a fantastic year. That TD run by him was so studly the way he trucked #21. He straight up ran right over him.

I also want to give credit to the defense for bending but not breaking on those two goaline stands keeping them from scoring TD's. We also had some breaks go our way too, like that offensive PI call against Marshall covered by Dre. That was really ticky tack.

Makeup call. There was at least one clear one they didn't call.

The good:

Having a full complement of timeouts when we got the ball back with like 3:43 in the fourth. Marvin must have taken a potty break for most of the second half, I counted on at least one inexplicable timeout for no good reason.

Andy, the offense and the defense for gutting it out and getting the greasy work done when it mattered most.

AJ Green handing his TD ball to that Bengals fan sitting at the wall in the endzone. Hope the guy made it out of there alive (and with his football). Also, AJ's body of work for the day. Dude is for reals.

Hill's truck job on #21 and his subsequent piggy back rides given to the rest of the would-be tacklers trying to stop him on his TD carry. Go watch this play again, he literally knocked #21 down by trucking him and then literally ran over him. Awesome.

Hunt blocking the FG. If he can do that 2-3 times in a season then his existence on the roster for that alone is justified.

Overall team moxie and heart gutting out what I think is a HUGE win given all the factors working against them (awesome Jets front four, 9/11 anniversary in NYC, road game, the seven sacks, etc)

The screen plays were great today. AJ really should have scored on that one where he accidentally went OOB. I guess his momentum forced him out, he was gone otherwise.

Doing all of this with all factors considered without two of our very best players (Eifert, Taz)

Bad/ugly:

Dalton's pick

Oline giving up SEVEN sacks and not providing a way to effectively run the ball.

Adam Jones getting absolutely smacked on that one kickoff return. Man, it looked like he got hit by a truck. Glad he wasn't hurt on that one. I hope they don't overuse him in that role this season, especially right now with Dennard out, we're a little thin there. 

Lack of pressure on Fitzpatrick.

Nugent's miss from 52, although that was a pretty tough kick with the crosswinds there.

The good far outweighs the bad and I think we will play a LOT better against the Steelers and I don't think their defense is as good as the Jets. I predict a shootout, their offense worries me more than anything. Gotta keep LegoHead from having a big day, and hopefully he won't karate kick our punter in the face.

3 hours ago, Tigers Johnson said:

Oh definitely. Easily the 2nd best DL (at least) in the NFL. I think Rams have the best.

1 hour ago, Bunghole said:

Huh? You can't push a player in the face at any point in a route. It was one of the only correct calls they made.

The bullshit Iloka flag took the Jets from punting on 4th down to giving them a 1st down within scoring territory and got a free 6 points out of it.  They ran an obvious pick play to get their first TD and ran a pick play on 4 other plays that drive to go down the field.  Peko got held in 2 different ways on the one screen pass to Forte. The refs were really bad, but we overcame thankfully. Every game we play vs a team of any relevance at all feels like we are having to overcome extra bullshit.

Archived