This is why I didn't get Sunday Ticket

This is why I didn't buy Sunday Ticket this year guys, this clear and unabashed tilting of games towards teams the league prefers win the game (Stealers, Pats, Cowboys, etc).

Based on what transpired with the officiating with this game I would expect the league to suspend the entire crew for a couple games for being such a decisive factor in the outcome.  Some highlights:

- Holding is simply allowed for the Stealers' o-line.  Not simple, "aw you got me on that one" holding, but actual bear-hugging, jersey ripping, choking, ass-raping holding.  It has been this way for years and years but today was a new level.  Why?  Because the announcers actually stated that their o-line "got away with one" three separate times (and it happened waaaay more than that).  We all know the announcers lean towards the Stealers on every play so you know it has to be *totally* and *embarrassingly* obvious for them to actually say something. 

- The Stealers are allowed to block in the back and/or hold on every punt return.  This was clear, and again, has been the case for years.  But to frame just how corrupt these guys were, on the first serious punt return the Bengals had (i.e. not one where they were backed up to their 5), they called THREE SEPARATE PENALTIES against the Bengals.  What was the call?  I don't fucking know because the ref called every one of them "holding - block in the back".  Get your fucking stories straight you spineless assholes!

- Dalton was allowed to be drilled after the play at least twice.  A couple of them I thought were fine, but the last two were *obvious* 15-yard penalties.  Nope, let's allow it, maybe a fight will break out and Burfict will come running down the tunnel in a rage, right?  Maybe he'll drop from a plane to rain his terror on the masses?  That'll be worth another couple weeks of headlines!

- The Bengals get called for offside when the center was falling backwards and also moving the ball.  The announcers noticed this one too.  That is *EGREGIOUS*.  It is impossible for a referee to miss this, the *FUCKING BRAINDEAD ANNOUNCERS NOTICED FROM THE BOOTH*!

- The non-overturn at the end.  I mean, do I really need to say anything about this?  We'll see if the media talks about it - I at least expect Blandino to say it should have been overturned, but they might try to rally around this one and say the ball was "in the shadows" or some other crap.  It wasn't.  The ball was right there, not moving, and his knee was down.  You know it's bad when the Bengals offense is all ready to go out on the field and the ref comes out all casual and just says "the call stands" and then runs away.  EXPLAIN IT YOU FUCK!

The worst part of it all was the sad, pathetic attempts by the announcers in the second half to spin everything back to the Stealers being this great team, especially the o-line.  At the start of the game they said "this is one of the absolute best o-lines in football".  What happens?  The Bengals d-line is giving them fits, stuffing runs all day, getting to Ben and making him hurry a *lot*.  Then the holds and non-calls started in earnest, and the announcers actually notice and *actually* *comment on it* no less than 4 times (as outlined above).  When the Stealers were close just before that last TD, the loser tight end James (who can't block worth shit) basically tackles our d-lineman giving Williams space to get some good yards and I believe a first down.  What do the announcers say during a replay which perfectly frames this hilariously obvious holding?  "The Bengals aren't tackling.  The Stealers o-line is starting to take over.  They're doing the job".  And later I believe they said something like "The Stealers o-line has really done the job today".  Um, assholes *YOU POINTED OUT THEIR HOLDING AND GIFTS ALL FUCKING DAY*!!!

Anyway, I'm so, so glad I'm not paying any money to this shit league.  I have nothing against any of you guys doing so, we all need our football fix, but that term has a new meaning for me now - it's synonymous with how Goodell runs the league.

I do not post much here, but I joined you this year from the corruption of the Refs and Goodell and the last straw in what took it all out of me was these millionaire clowns kneeling and not standing for the Anthem.  I will not give this corrupt THUG corporation another dime.  If it is not free from my normal Satellite payment, then I will never pay for a game again.  DTV continues to raise their rates all the time and I am tired of trying to wheel and deal with this billionaire industry.  They can kiss my arse!  I will watch online from the people streaming it until they get caught and then DTV and the NFL start noticing the drop in their revenue with the likes of you and I and then they will start cracking down on these people with a cease and desist order and then finally it may be the start of the NFL disappearing all together.  I would not miss it at all.  We do not miss it in the offseason, the majority of us do not that is.

dont forget uzomah touchdown non call. i mean wtf? last years playoff game was bad but this game here just took the cake and not to mention the refs were supposedly on hightened awarness. they werent aware of shit. its almost like the nfl wanted this game to be dirty.

Yay NFL, that wasn't to obvious now was it? This ridiculousness will never end. Obviously not a fumble no doubt 100% but that wasn't even close to the only infraction. Don't think they called 1 hold on them all day. I understand there's holding every play but there were tons of blatant ones not called today. A 3rd down encroachment call giving a 1st because of a false start by a center where an official's eyes are supposed to be on? Gotta be kidding me. Dalton drilled in back after defender took 2 full  steps after he drilled him in back and nothing.dont blame official for calling Uzomah td out of bounds but Marvin should of challenged but going by last bs review I'm sure they would of screwed us on that one to. This league is getting more ridiculous with there bs every week. So sick of hearing bias announcers and getting short end of stick from refs. I hear bias from announcers sometimes about other teams but with Cincy it's a different story happens all the time and it's obvious. Just tired of it. Officials need to be held accountable for this bs if the fix wasn't in. Knock Gio out cold with crown of helmet no call but whats that you say? Not only not gonna call the obvious foul but givinv Pissburgh the ball to. Lovely, thank you. Drill qb in back late after all the talk of hitting qbs this week? It's the Stoolers let it slide, nothing to see here. Coach in middle of field arguing with other team standing right next to you? It's ok no worries he's a Shitsburgh ciach he's allowed to do that. Tackle Dunlap right next to Frankenburgher? It's ok yellow and black are allowed to tackle d-lineman we can't have our precious getting hit now. It's beyond disgusting and has been for a long long time.

34 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I do not post much here, but I joined you this year from the corruption of the Refs and Goodell and the last straw in what took it all out of me was these millionaire clowns kneeling and not standing for the Anthem.  I will not give this corrupt THUG corporation another dime.  If it is not free from my normal Satellite payment, then I will never pay for a game again.  DTV continues to raise their rates all the time and I am tired of trying to wheel and deal with this billionaire industry.  They can kiss my arse!  I will watch online from the people streaming it until they get caught and then DTV and the NFL start noticing the drop in their revenue with the likes of you and I and then they will start cracking down on these people with a cease and desist order and then finally it may be the start of the NFL disappearing all together.  I would not miss it at all.  We do not miss it in the offseason, the majority of us do not that is.

Good news is some of them that stream them come from countries that they can do nothing about and ones they can do something about just change the domain name up a little bit so they'll always be streams to watch. You can even get field pass use a vpn from across seas like tunnel bear and stream it there to. That would be giving the NFL money though and I wont be doing that. Glad I haven't purchased and new jerseys hats etc in last couple years as well because I'm all for supporting Cincy but I can't in good conscience support this bs blatantly bias farce of a league when shit like this keeps going on. I can see once in awhile things like this happen but this is far from a coincidence with this bs happening everytime we play one of the darlings of the NFL. I'm done with these fucking announcers as well. Simms and Fouts are by far the worst with their bias though and should be barred from announcing Cincy games ever again. It's so unprofessional by  billions of $ corporations like the NFL and CBS when you can hear the blatant bias in their voices and through comments they make themselves.

Besides the above, the Stealers converted a 3rd and 7 near midfield on their final touchdown drive with the help of a bad call. Antonio Brown ran an out and caught the ball but only got 1 foot down in bounds after catching it. It happened right in front of Guenther who waved incomplete (and was correct) but Marvin didn't challenge so instead of punting the Stealers got a first down. Marvin couldn't do anything about the Boyd call but he really should have challenged on Uzomah's touchdown and Brown's non-catch. Those would have made the score 20-17 in the Bengals favor with the Stealers needing to come back late instead of killing off the clock.

1 hour ago, jhowdy54 said:

Why wasnt the Stealers first TD not ruled incomplete? guy was hit and extended the ball across the line. He didnt maintain possesion all the way to the ground. Nearly identical to Eifert play.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Because he was in Black and gold and not named Tyler Eifert.

39 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Besides the above, the Stealers converted a 3rd and 7 near midfield on their final touchdown drive with the help of a bad call. Antonio Brown ran an out and caught the ball but only got 1 foot down in bounds after catching it. It happened right in front of Guenther who waved incomplete (and was correct) but Marvin didn't challenge so instead of punting the Stealers got a first down. Marvin couldn't do anything about the Boyd call but he really should have challenged on Uzomah's touchdown and Brown's non-catch. Those would have made the score 20-17 in the Bengals favor with the Stealers needing to come back late instead of killing off the clock.

I know play you're talking about it was one they were in zone with Jones over top and Williams underneath that Williams didnt play well right? I thought it looked close and saw Guenther waving his arms but didn't get a good look at his feet. Guess 1 foot for Pissburgh is greater than 1 knee for Cincy depending if the knee touching ground is an offensive or defesive Bengals knee. Think that was drive Illoka or Smith dropped that easy pick as well. Might of been their td drive before that but that one was helped along by that drop and bad calls or no calls on 3rd down as well.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

judging by the effectiveness of the fumble review im not sure we are getting the TD call... both were clear as day though.

10 hours ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

and the EXACT same as the Dez Bryant

That's what I kept saying. And Eifert. It's a TD, but not by ducked up NFL rules. Depending on how they want to call it at any given time.

I surprisingly didn't even get that irate after the game. I'm numb to it. As a Bengals fan, I feel helpless. 

17 hours ago, StripesEarned said:

I'm done with these fucking announcers as well. Simms and Fouts are by far the worst with their bias though and should be barred from announcing Cincy games ever again. It's so unprofessional by  billions of $ corporations like the NFL and CBS when you can hear the blatant bias in their voices and through comments they make themselves.

See, I think calling them biased gives them too much credit. I think they're both just stupid. Like seriously, that's not even speaking as a Bengals fan. Some of the shit they say is absolutely fucking retarded.

17 hours ago, StripesEarned said:

Good news is some of them that stream them come from countries that they can do nothing about and ones they can do something about just change the domain name up a little bit so they'll always be streams to watch. You can even get field pass use a vpn from across seas like tunnel bear and stream it there to. That would be giving the NFL money though and I wont be doing that. Glad I haven't purchased and new jerseys hats etc in last couple years as well because I'm all for supporting Cincy but I can't in good conscience support this bs blatantly bias farce of a league when shit like this keeps going on. I can see once in awhile things like this happen but this is far from a coincidence with this bs happening everytime we play one of the darlings of the NFL. I'm done with these fucking announcers as well. Simms and Fouts are by far the worst with their bias though and should be barred from announcing Cincy games ever again. It's so unprofessional by  billions of $ corporations like the NFL and CBS when you can hear the blatant bias in their voices and through comments they make themselves.

I hate Fouts. Most of the time I wish he would die. He wasn't good but he wasn't nearly as bad Sunday as he normally is. He even pointed out a couple holds that were obvious as fuck (ignored many others), had his negative moments but he was pretty harsh about the ridiculousness of the "fumble" review outcome.

2 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

dan fouts is one of the biggest cunts

there is a BIG drop off between the announcers who study and the ones who prepare quibs and jokes instead of facts and rule understanding.

Speaking of studying...Tony Dungy I loved as a coach but as an analyst that dude is a fucking moron. He constantly tweets about a player/team that is completely inaccurate every weekend. He was talking about Josh Norman can't be expected to move to the left side of the field as a CB and compared it to going to Europe and driving on the other side of the road. Norman last season spent like 53% of his snaps on the right side, 42% of the snaps on the left side and the remaining 5ish% in the slot. Clearly Norman is well trained on both sides of the field. Even a SB winning and probably future HOF coach doesn't put in any time to study before he speaks. I can't imagine some fucking retard like Fouts, Collinsworth or Simms spends a single second doing it.

1 hour ago, GoBengals said:

dan fouts is one of the biggest cunts

there is a BIG drop off between the announcers who study and the ones who prepare quibs and jokes instead of facts and rule understanding.

Didn't they once call Dalton Rothlisberger?  

And one make a comment and the other one say "I didn't have that one" or something like that.

8 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Didn't they once call Dalton Rothlisberger?  

And one make a comment and the other one say "I didn't have that one" or something like that.

i know for nuge, they put the stats on the screen of his long being 55, and then fouts spouted off his long was 58, and the other said i didnt have that one, then he corrected and said it was 55, etc..

If the NFL wants to continue showing extreme bias towards their pet teams, at least start telling people it's "sports entertainment" like the WWE started to do. That way when I am watching a kayfabe match featuring one of Godell's Darlings I will fully expect Earl Hebner to assist my opponent by hitting my QB with a folding metal chair.

11 hours ago, Hooky said:

I surprisingly didn't even get that irate after the game. I'm numb to it. As a Bengals fan, I feel helpless. 

Yep. I agree. After the game my wife said, "You're not even mad." I basically what you said. I'm used to it. Terrible that this is how things really are.

As for Fouts and Eagle, I agree they are horrible. If Eagle said, "Shake and Bake" one more time I was going to punch the TV. Did the guy watch Talladega Nights on Saturday and thought...there's a great line I can nonsensically spout to cover dead air?!?

Archived