Media Coverage of Sunday's Debacle

With a newborn in my life, I didn't have nearly the same amount of time to tune into the sports shows. I did a lot of skimming of internet content, though. Aside from Blandino's bland Twitter assessment of the fumble call, basically leaning on the whole "it needs to be clear and irrefutable" explanation like the league and announcers always do (talking down to the average viewer about a rule that is clearly too complicated for them to fully comprehend; yeah, I am sick of that shit, too), I saw a distinct lack of noise about the call. Excuse me, Dean, yes I CAN see the football from both angles and his knee is on the fucking ground. The football is there and it is NOT FUCKING moving.

This thread is partially to continue to bitch about that, but also to decompress and compile information. Did anyone else see ANYTHING on an major sports news sources discussing, at the very least, how controversial the singular call was?

To me the silence is deafening. It's seems the league circled the wagons and put the lid on really tight...and it wreaks of impropriety. I really haven't wanted to succumb to conspiracy theories, but, last week is making that nearly impossible for me. It doesn't make any sense that literally NOBODY has discussed it. So, tell me somebody went over it, anyone: 30 seconds of Pardon..., a couple minutes on Mike and Mike...anyone see or hear anything?

What got me is we heard absolutely nothing about it from the players and coaches. You would figure the lineman would be going crazy over the non holding calls. You would figure Marvin would be a tad upset over the fumble call. Absolutely nothing except we thought his knee was down.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jhowdy54 said:

What got me is we heard absolutely nothing about it from the players and coaches. You would figure the lineman would be going crazy over the non holding calls. You would figure Marvin would be a tad upset over the fumble call. Absolutely nothing except we thought his knee was down.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Whitworth made a few comments about the non holding calls. I'm sure he got fined. Problem with the Bengals being vocal is this team has already been shown to be a target by the league so they have to kind of keep the eye off of them or they will get flagged, fined and suspended for anything.

2 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Whitworth made a few comments about the non holding calls. I'm sure he got fined. Problem with the Bengals being vocal is this team has already been shown to be a target by the league so they have to kind of keep the eye off of them or they will get flagged, fined and suspended for anything.

Don't look now but that's kind of already happened

4 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Haha i know. I meant even more so.

I definitely don't want our guys pissing & moaning about every call, but when the other team is blatantly, deliberately trying to injure our players while the refs look the other way it's time to speak up. 

Didn't see much other than a shitty Yahoo article about the Bengals 'Fuming' about the refs or some shit. The actual article was more about Adam Jones calling the stealers a bad name though. 

I really thought Sunday would shine more of a light on shitty NFL officiating in general but it hasn't. Although I was listening to a sports radio show this morning talking about how College FB is getting better ratings and how the NFL game is suffering with too many 9-6 games. 

Google "Bad NFL Officiating 2016" and there are a number of articles. 

One which sticks out is a USA Today spot titled "NFL admits to 16 game-changing calls in the Jaguars-Packers game" (surprise!)

There is also a website called Footballzebras.com.  From a brief perusal, it seems chock full of "analysis" of all the bad calls/missed calls of any number of games. I did not realize that there were fines dolled out for those helmet-to-helmet hits on Cam...but of course, no call on the field.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 11:38 AM, T-Dub said:

I definitely don't want our guys pissing & moaning about every call, but when the other team is blatantly, deliberately trying to injure our players while the refs look the other way it's time to speak up. 

Here is what actually happened at the stinkin stoolers cheatin ass game.Their fu---ing O-line was holding the whole game,even dragging our guys to the ground,especially holding Geno Atkins and Peko,it was so obvious,it stinks,yet no holding calls,and no complaining from ANY of our so-called wonderful new coaches ,and no MARVIN interaction with the refs,instead he just stands there and claps his hands and yells lets go boys.What a joke.Until he gets more involved in the game and jumps a refs ass,even if he got kicked out,it would be a help.He is just too passive for me.A football game to supposed to be emotional,supposed to be kick shit out of the other guys ass,he is not connected to his players enough and just wants to be politically correct.Doesn't want to embarrass Mike Brown or do anything wrong,will I will tell you the coaches in the league that argue with the refs and challenge them on calls get more wins.Believe that,and THROW THE FUCKING RED FLAG,THATS WHAT ITS FOR,NOT TO WIPE YOUR NOSE WITH.BE A COACH MARVIN LEWIS.

C.J the tight end did indeed score a TD,his friggin knee was down and his one foot was down in the green area of the friggin endzone.it was a TD.  Yet no red flag,no help from upstairs for our so-called wonderful coaching staff that was supposed to be so damn good.They stink,big time.This was a for sure TD.WE GOT ROBBED again by the crooked refs.I truly believe the fix was again in.so so crooked.Our coaching staff should have challenged that and did not,it cost us the game.And Tyler Boyds knee was down,it was not a fumble,and the ball should have remained with us.Instead the call was a fumble recovery by the stealers,game over.This so so stinks,I hate all of it.

WHY should I keep my 4 season tickets.We outplayed them and in reality,we won that game,but got cheated out of it by the refs AGAIN,and our wonderful coaching staff did NOTHING ABOUT IT.Goofy marvin again.it never ends.I blame Marvin for this and I am super pissed off about it again.We need a coach that will fuckin yell his ass off about this shit,its like he is lost out there.We will not win even a playoff with him at the helm.unless he changes his attitude.Hey dude,knock the shit out of somebody and get your nose bloodied.You will feel better about yourself!!!BE A MAN,DUDE AND TAKE UP FOR YOUR POSSEY.I WOULD!!!!

Archived