The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Broncos

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

AJ is struggling (sic) because, unlike Jones, he does not have a quarterback who will throw the ball down the field.  Assuming his O line gives him time which ain't happening.

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner.  To throw the ball downfield you have to have time.  Dalton is under siege.  Quick drops and quick throws are not how you throw down field.  The O-line has seriously underperformed so far.  I am hoping the strong defensive lines they have faced is one reason for the issues.  Throw in an inexperienced RT and a C that blows and it can get ugly.  I have hopes that Ogbuehi will improve.  I have little hope for Bodine.  

44 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Ding, ding, ding!  We have a winner.  To throw the ball downfield you have to have time.  Dalton is under siege.  Quick drops and quick throws are not how you throw down field.  The O-line has seriously underperformed so far.  I am hoping the strong defensive lines they have faced is one reason for the issues.  Throw in an inexperienced RT and a C that blows and it can get ugly.  I have hopes that Ogbuehi will improve.  I have little hope for Bodine.  

It is really sad to see the blatant uncaring attitude this franchise has had for the center position, especially with a QB who is only 6'1".

AJ is struggling (sic) because, unlike Jones, he does not have a quarterback who will throw the ball down the field.  Assuming his O line gives him time which ain't happening.

Which is why I've been sarcastically calling Dalton the second coming of Alex Smith. This team in the first three games has taken on a new identity from all the previous seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Which is why I've been sarcastically calling Dalton the second coming of Alex Smith. This team in the first three games has taken on a new identity from all the previous seasons

I don't even know who Alex Smith is.  Sorry

I think the ugly underbelly is with the coaching.  Besides Marvmallow.  I don't miss Hue all that much but the losses of Vance Joseph and Mark Carrier plus the aging and meh, at best, Kirkpatrick and Williams is killing the D.  Also, the playing to hold on to the lead and playing not to lose Marv Classic.  I thought the went into the protect the lead mode when Margus blocked the extra point.  And Marv should have been fired immediately at the end of the first half when we were on the 25 yard line with 28 seconds and two time out left (uncharacteristic  with TOs left at the end of the half in itself) and the decision was to roll over and kneel the ball without taking a few shots to get into field goal range.  Sacrilege! 

I think the ugly underbelly is with the coaching.  Besides Marvmallow.  I don't miss Hue all that much but the losses of Vance Joseph and Mark Carrier plus the aging and meh, at best, Kirkpatrick and Williams is killing the D.  Also, the playing to hold on to the lead and playing not to lose Marv Classic.  I thought the went into the protect the lead mode when Margus blocked the extra point.  And Marv should have been fired immediately at the end of the first half when we were on the 25 yard line with 28 seconds and two time out left (uncharacteristic  with TOs left at the end of the half in itself) and the decision was to roll over and kneel the ball without taking a few shots to get into field goal range.  Sacrilege! 

Alex Smith is KC's conservative quarterback who is notorious for not throwing over 10 yards. Dalton has settled into this sort of mindset. I don't know if it is his decision or coaching, but it's not who we are. We have a thoroughbred in number 18 and either Dalton or coaching refuses to use him. As for Lewis he went conservative with that 28 second knee down. Is this the new mantra going conservative. This won't fly in the bully bowl North

On 9/27/2016 at 1:04 AM, jhowdy54 said:

Why did we wait so long to use Hunt in FG blocking situations? He blocked 7 kicks in college and this year was the first time the Bengals used him to do so. Its paid off big time, just dont understand we didnt have him in there before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

He's been on special teams since he got here, not sure why you think he hasn't.

On 9/26/2016 at 11:04 PM, jhowdy54 said:

Why did we wait so long to use Hunt in FG blocking situations? He blocked 7 kicks in college and this year was the first time the Bengals used him to do so. Its paid off big time, just dont understand we didnt have him in there before.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

yea he has been there a while, looking at his stats i only see credit for blocking kicks this season, but im confident i remember him doing this in previous seasons as well, it was why i defended him to the "omg hunt sux cutz him already" crowd a few weeks back...

On 9/26/2016 at 10:09 PM, kriZENry said:

I'm still pissed we run out the clock with almost :30 seconds left and two timeouts. The saints just were in the same situation and got 3 points. Conservative Marv holds this team back so much it's giving away possible wins. 

For one thing, Marvin was playing against the Broncos defense and Brees was playing against the Falcons. The points gained vs chance of disaster ratio not nearly as beneficial  Vs Den

6 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yea he has been there a while, looking at his stats i only see credit for blocking kicks this season, but im confident i remember him doing this in previous seasons as well, it was why i defended him to the "omg hunt sux cutz him already" crowd a few weeks back...

lol... the dude has been complete dog shit for three years...but you defended him because you think you remember him blocking a kick at some point....

don't get me wrong.. I love the way he has played this year and I am happy that he is here... But I don't think making fun of the people that didn't want him on the team makes much sense either...

10 hours ago, Dr Tarzan said:

For one thing, Marvin was playing against the Broncos defense and Brees was playing against the Falcons. The points gained vs chance of disaster ratio not nearly as beneficial  Vs Den

I get it, I just don't agree with it since it is how we played the whole game. It is the sole reason I bet on us to lose in double digits (and won big) but still thought we could win it in the 4th. 

I agree with your assessment of Dre. I won't use the word that rhymes with dust, but just like the old parrot joke "you know"

On 9/26/2016 at 6:30 PM, High School Harry said:

For starters, Andy has taken numerous shots downfield netting a very healthy 8.1 yards per attempt. Additionally, the Red Rifle has hit targets accurately at point-blank and long range. Overall, he’s nailed 65.2 percent of his throws and checks in at No. 2 in deep-ball completion percentage. Again, the underlying profile is awfully encouraging.

Archived