calling all London goers

Se ky bengal

First, this is a good thing for Bengal fans in England.

Second, I still think sending 2 teams for a neutral site away game across the pond is a stupid idea. Yay for the money grab.

I think it is even more insanely stupid to even dream of putting a team there. Just the scheduling atrocities would be mind-bending. I schedule for a sports league and while certainly not quite on the scale of the NFL, it's still a 10-game schedule for 160+ teams plus a tournament (twice a year). So I certainly can appreciate all the scheduling factors the NFL schedulers have to deal with now, then adding a London team? SMH. 

And currently they are asking teams to give up home games, the same league that is even letting this Chargers/Raiders nonsense even simmer. You want to take away home games from teams to send them to London to play, at the same time you would consider allowing 2 teams to have 9 home games EVERY SEASON. Yes, the Jets/Giants get that once every 4 years...but EVERY year??? Again, SMH.

You're so fucked up. :P Anyway, you're still not balanced because you hate Dalton and Peko too.

:) 

I love Taze, I already forgot Peko. He is cool I guess. I like Reggie Nelson. Man there aren't a lot of dudes I like on this team for some reaason. Sanu is awesome. Nuge is the best and Huber . I want to like Andre but he messes up too much. I want to like AJ but he always looks sad.

This would be a really cool game to go to, but I'd prefer it be as an away team.  Regardless, I'd love to check out Wembley and the Bengals at the same time.  Definitely going on my wish list.

The way I see it, as a "home" game, Wembley will be decked-out in orange and black, they'll be playing our songs, we'll have our cheerleaders, and we'll get to wear Black or Orange jerseys.

I'm perfectly fine with it being a "home" game.  I just hope that the game the previous week between the Rams and a TBD NFC East team doesn't result in the Redskins (oops, I meant the "Potomac Basin Ingeneous Natives") playing back-to-back "road" games in London.  They'd just set up camp, and would have an advantage over us in that they'd already be acclimated to the time change, etc.  So I'll be watching the NFC East/West standings and will hope that the Rams and Skins don't finish in the same place in their respective divisions.  Right now, it looks like this:

5-5 NYG -- 8-2 ARI
4-6 WAS -- 5-5 SEA
4-6 PHI -- 4-6 STL
3-7 DAL -- 3-7 SFF

Too close for comfort, IMO.

And currently they are asking teams to give up home games, the same league that is even letting this Chargers/Raiders nonsense even simmer. You want to take away home games from teams to send them to London to play, at the same time you would consider allowing 2 teams to have 9 home games EVERY SEASON. Yes, the Jets/Giants get that once every 4 years...but EVERY year??? Again, SMH.

If the Raiders and Chargers share a stadium, one of them will be realigned into the NFC.  But NOT for the reasons you've spelled out above.... it will be for the networks.  Currently, FOX owns the NFC, CBS owns the AFC.  Both networks want to split that market.  Money talks.

If the Raiders and Chargers share a stadium, one of them will be realigned into the NFC.  But NOT for the reasons you've spelled out above.... it will be for the networks.  Currently, FOX owns the NFC, CBS owns the AFC.  Both networks want to split that market.  Money talks.

Would that mean Seahawks back to the AFC?

Quote of the week:

"If we lose, it will be because we did not make enough football plays to win the game and the other team will have scored more points than us.”
– Bengals Head Coach, Marvin Lewis 

Just playin' up there more than anything.  I don't wish any harm or ill on anyone.  Responding to Khat and not thread jacking.  Not sure if he was being serious or not.  As for Marv getting a warm beer, that's the way they drink in in Jolly Olde, isn't it.  And I was actually in Hyde Park yesterday, lunch at J. Alexander's, and while I came close to racking up a few joggers and designer dogs (something a doodles... pullleezzzeee),  no Marvin.  

As far as the quote above (and the sentence or so before it), you don't reaaaally think Marv said that, do you? :whistle: 

And, yeah, I am still not happy about the last two games and how the L's happened.   Meaning, I'm not over it/them.

Sorry for any misinterps or whiz offs I caused.  Just on here for fun and enlightenment and try not to take anything too seriously.

Hope you and Mrs. A et al have a fantastic Thanksgiving and save a piece of shoo fly pie for me.

funny-thanksgiving-dancing-turkey22.gif

You really need to try Fullers London Pride when you come over, best pint you'll ever taste.  Tastes like creamy beer.

It was a couple of years ago, but I was staying at the Tower Hotel and we would goto the Dickens Inn to watch the World's Cup. Not sure what beers I had, but they were all very very good, I especially like the ciders.

It was a couple of years ago, but I was staying at the Tower Hotel and we would goto the Dickens Inn to watch the World's Cup. Not sure what beers I had, but they were all very very good, I especially like the ciders.

Not a big fan of the ciders. I lived there in the late 80s. I drank mostly Guiness and bitters. Whitbread was my favorite.

I had a girlfriend who particularly liked the Hot Dickens Cider.  A yuletide treat that can be enjoyed all year long.

:rsju31uh9:

For the record I love Carlsberg

I missed out on pre-games festivities last time and there was no beer outside the stadium just prior

When I asked some guys if/what they served inside Wembley they said just "crappy" beer

Everyone who goes to this will have the time of their lives

Whole experience is priceless and I was there for  the epicness of Raiders (home)/Dolphins

Skins Watch - December 1, 2015:

9-2 ARI  <--> 5-6 WAS
6-5 SEA <--> 5-6 NYG
4-7 STL <--> 4-7 PHI
3-8 SFF <--> 3-8 DAL

Right now, the Rams would be "hosting" the Eagles in London the week before our game against the Skins, thus avoiding us having to fly overseas to play a team that was already there and rested.  To avoid being handicapped like that, the Skins must *not* finish in the same place in the East as the Rams finish in the West.

You really need to try Fullers London Pride when you come over, best pint you'll ever taste.  Tastes like creamy beer.

Are you going? Do you live in or near London. I was stationed at the missile base at Greenham Common/Newbury in the late 80s.

Archived