Most of us had this one right, and it's more apparent than ever. We never should've let Zim go. Marvin should've had a job in the stubborn family confines of the front office, and Mike Zimmer should be bringing his signature inspiration to our guys instead of Minnesota's. 

Sometimes, the fans are right. Sometimes, the writing is on the wall. Zimmer would've given us ten years of solid head coaching and we could've began an evolution from the stability that Marvin has brought us. 

Son of a bitch.... 

Their defense is pretty good.   Don't have much faith in their offensive line which could be their " Akili's  " heel.   It also helps that the pieces were there IMHO.   I do give him credit for giving them an identity but it's too early for me to crown him at this point.   However,  it looks promising.

14 minutes ago, Agent_Orange said:

Most of us had this one right, and it's more apparent than ever. We never should've let Zim go. Marvin should've had a job in the stubborn family confines of the front office, and Mike Zimmer should be bringing his signature inspiration to our guys instead of Minnesota's. 

Sometimes, the fans are right. Sometimes, the writing is on the wall. Zimmer would've given us ten years of solid head coaching and we could've began an evolution from the stability that Marvin has brought us. 

Son of a bitch.... 

We blew it on a couple levels, too. We have all heard that the heir apparent was to be Hue Jackson. Mike Zimmer > Hue Jackson. And then, we whiffed on the Hue Jackson transition. Which, ultimately, I think we should all be fine with. 

However, now the cupboards are comparatively bare. Anyone see Zampese as the guy that's gonna take over this team? Guenther still has work to do to convince me, too. Add to the whole thing and I just think Marvin probably doesn't have a lot more steam left here in Cincinnati. He's always been the unimpressed type, but I feel it's manifesting itself stronger than ever.

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think it will be Hue or Zimmer somehow or Vance Joseph

Do you mean that's who you want? Zimmer and Hue finally got their head coaching gig and Joseph's not coming back after Mikey tried to career block him.

7 minutes ago, Hooky said:

Do you mean that's who you want? Zimmer and Hue finally got their head coaching gig and Joseph's not coming back after Mikey tried to career block him.

lol you dont think Vance Joseph would leave a lower level coaching job to be a head coach in a place where they think its totally acceptable not to have a single playoff win after 14 seasons?

Cincinnati is a coaches wet dream in terms of never being fired for incompetence. He would come here in a heartbeat.

Head coach > Coordinator.

Never fired by Bengals > fired after a single bad season by almost every other team.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

This happens all the time across all organizations, that won't play a factor.  I believe the Bengals even did it with Coyle/Philly.

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Coaches have good years and then bad years all the time. Owners are fickle. I would bet that either Hue or Zimmer is available before too long. 

I can't really say much bad about Hue when I look at what he inherited.   Given a season or two,  the situation may be quite different.  If a team is in last place,  the team most likely has an abundance of issues that need to be addressed.   IMHO 

The only thing I like about Hue Jackson is his ability to harness the diva personalities.  Other than that I am totally unimpressed.  He was a failure in Oakland.   Made a terrible trade with Mike Brown.  His first big decision in Cleveland is to get RG3 because he didn't believe in Wentz.  I think he's a moron.

Zimmer, on the other hand, is winning without his starting QB that was replaced by a guy that has been a failure for his entire NFL career.  He also lost what may be the best RB in the NFL.  Still winning.  Yes, the Vikings offense is questionable, but he's making a go with a spare parts at two key positions.  Zim is a rock star.

57 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The only thing I like about Hue Jackson is his ability to harness the diva personalities.  Other than that I am totally unimpressed.  He was a failure in Oakland.   Made a terrible trade with Mike Brown.  His first big decision in Cleveland is to get RG3 because he didn't believe in Wentz.  I think he's a moron.

Zimmer, on the other hand, is winning without his starting QB that was replaced by a guy that has been a failure for his entire NFL career.  He also lost what may be the best RB in the NFL.  Still winning.  Yes, the Vikings offense is questionable, but he's making a go with a spare parts at two key positions.  Zim is a rock star.

I agree that I think Zimmer is the better overall coach, but I think you're being a little unfair to Hue calling him a "failure" in Oakland and calling him a "moron", which he clearly isn't.

From wikipedia about Hue's very brief Oakland tenure: 

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance as offensive coordinator, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game). In addition, they also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game), and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His end of year numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season, making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

After the 2010 season, Hue Jackson was named Oakland Raiders head coach in 2011, succeeding Tom Cable.[3]

Jackson was fired by the Oakland Raiders on January 10, 2012, after one season as head coach by new general manager Reggie McKenzie. In his lone season as head coach, the Raiders finished with a record of 8–8 and missed the playoffs after starting the season 7–4.[

I think it was Oakland's ownership that was moronic for firing Hue after only one year, a mistake Cleveland's owners are all too guilty of as well. The Browns still suck, but they are playing hard for Hue and are in almost every game, even with their dearth of talent. Passing on Wentz may not have been a Hue Jackson decision, either. Who knows how much influence he had in that draft as a 1st year, unproven head coach of a shitty franchise.

My knock on Hue....he panics.

I thought the whole CP trade was a desperation move on his part.  I remember some "talk" about Hue having good game plans in Oakland but the first time something didnt work he would trash it.  I thought he did the same thing in the Colts playoff game last year.  Close game at half and even though the Bengals had no receivers Hue runs the ball 2-3 times at the beginning of the 3Q and never runs the ball again.

8 hours ago, Agent_Orange said:

Son of a bitch.... 

Gonna be hard to do when Zimmer told Mike/Katie that he wouldn't replace Marvin Lewis as that is his friend and he would never backstab a friend like that.

8 hours ago, Numbers said:

Their defense is pretty good.   Don't have much faith in their offensive line which could be their " Akili's  " heel.   It also helps that the pieces were there IMHO.   I do give him credit for giving them an identity but it's too early for me to crown him at this point.   However,  it looks promising.

It better and better break records because 8 of their 11 starters are 1st or 2nd round picks. They put a lot of draft capital into building an elite defense. Bradford is playing out of his mind right now but they left the cupboard really bare at OL which will come to bite them at some point. They landed a sleeper and potential star in Diggs but really lack at most offensive positions and reached for Treadwell who is just playing gunner on STs because he couldn't beat out a UDFA at WR to get snaps. The D is carrying them as it needs to and should. I just wonder if it can do it come January when Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers are ready to carry a team on their back for a run.

5 hours ago, Bunghole said:

I agree that I think Zimmer is the better overall coach, but I think you're being a little unfair to Hue calling him a "failure" in Oakland and calling him a "moron", which he clearly isn't.

From wikipedia about Hue's very brief Oakland tenure: 

In 2010, under Jackson’s guidance as offensive coordinator, the Raiders offense finished fourth in the AFC and sixth in the NFL in scoring (25.6 points per game). In addition, they also finished fifth in the AFC and 10th in the NFL in total offense (354.6 yards per game), and second in the NFL and AFC in rushing (155.9 yards per game). The Raiders more than doubled their scoring output from the previous year, totaling 410 points. Under Jackson’s offense, RB Darren McFadden finished the season with 1,157 yards rushing on 223 carries for a 5.2 average YPC and 7 rushing touchdowns. McFadden also had 47 receptions for 507 yards and 3 touchdowns. His end of year numbers were 1,664 total yards and 10 total touchdowns for the 2010 NFL season, making McFadden the NFL's 5th leader in total yards from scrimmage for the 2010 season.

After the 2010 season, Hue Jackson was named Oakland Raiders head coach in 2011, succeeding Tom Cable.[3]

Jackson was fired by the Oakland Raiders on January 10, 2012, after one season as head coach by new general manager Reggie McKenzie. In his lone season as head coach, the Raiders finished with a record of 8–8 and missed the playoffs after starting the season 7–4.[

I think it was Oakland's ownership that was moronic for firing Hue after only one year, a mistake Cleveland's owners are all too guilty of as well. The Browns still suck, but they are playing hard for Hue and are in almost every game, even with their dearth of talent. Passing on Wentz may not have been a Hue Jackson decision, either. Who knows how much influence he had in that draft as a 1st year, unproven head coach of a shitty franchise.

Three reasons Hue Jackson is a moron.  Any of these three should be all you need to be considered a moron, but he went with all three.

1.  Trade a 1st round pick along with a 2nd round pick (which conditionally could be another first) for Carson Palmer when your team needs many players.  Totally overpaid for a QB that does one thing well.  Throw downfield IF he has total protection.

2.  Agree to be HC of the Cleveland Browns.  If you are worth anything as a HC why would you take a job with that organization that even made Belichick look like a fool?

3.  Want RG3 to QB your team while saying you don't want Wentz.  I know Hue is good with divas, but wanting divas is just plain stupid.  Hue Jackson Fell In Love with Robert Griffin III at Private Workout

On 10/4/2016 at 3:55 PM, UncleEarl said:

I agree on Hue and I'm not sold on Vance Joseph, ...he hasn't proven himself yet, ...he might be a total flop at DC.

Archived