Tyler Eifert Update

No sign of Tyler Eifert at practice today. Katherine Terrelle tweeted that he was limping noticeably in the locker room Monday but did appear to head out for the closed practice. I pray he didnt have a setback. He could be somewhere getting evaluated to see if its completely healed up and is ready to go full go.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

FWIW, Larry Brown Sports just posted this:

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/tyler-eifert-status-doubt-setback/326333

Tyler Eifert status in doubt for Week 5 after setback

The Cincinnati Bengals are still waiting on Tyler Eifert to make his season debut, and it sounds like they may have to keep waiting.

The Bengals tight end suffered a new injury this week according to a report. Eifert reportedly was limping noticeably on Monday and did not practice Wednesday.

Even though Eifert was expected to make his season debut in Week 5, his status is now said to be uncertain.

Eifert had an ankle operation in May to repair a loose ligament, and the surgery was expected to keep him out 3-4 months. We’re now beyond that four-month territory.

Eifert’s absence has been rough for the Bengals. The team, who ranks dead last in the NFL in Red Zone efficiency this season, is clearly missing Eifert, who caught 13 touchdowns in 13 games last season.

Bob Holtzman:

Here's what I know about Bengals TE Tyler Eifert: I'm told he was offsite today seeing a doctor about a new injury (not his ankle). Sources tell me it's not believed to be serious, but I'm told he will not play Sunday in Dallas.

Followed up with saying it's a back injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So much for bubble wrap. Glass Man.
if Uzomah could catch more than a third of the passes coming his way, he would be dangerous. He can certainly get open.

15cd6b1f54df36d54dd23d9b3bf2d64b.jpg

All kidding aside... This really sucks.. Seems like he is just one of those guys that is always hurting something...whether it's his fault or not.

I hope he gets back soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Unbelievable. Just goddamn unbelievable.

It seems like all the top tier tight ends get banged up. Gronk, Reed, Kelce, Graham. Olsen is really the only one that stays relatively healthy. 

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Why do I feel like this is the dreaded "bone bruise" and that he's never gonna play this season?

It sounded like that is cleared to play without concern. Ankle was cleared a couple weeks ago but wanted to get a couple weeks of strain on it in practice. Sadly that strain ruined his glass back.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

In case you haven't heard, it's his back. Considered "day to day". 

Highlights from Marvin's post non-game press conference included:

• Eifert is still day to day and will be a game time decision

Just like Marvy said in his non-game post interview a couple days ago.  Eerie deja vu all over again moment...

BTW... Uzomah seems to juggle or bobble some balls rather than catching and holding them cleanly.  Hope that is an aberration and not the norm or someone will make him pay for it.

Archived