Tyler Eifert Update

This injury thread has gone from doomsday to really nothing to see as Eifert said he has not ruled out trying to play on Sunday.  For those who were of the "10 more days" mind frame going into the TNF game, what's 7 more days if he doesn't play?

If he would have had surgery back in January like it sounds like he should have then all of this "glass man" talk wouldn't even be a topic.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

Eifert has been hurt a lot.  No matter how good you are, you aren't worth anything if you can't play.  The Bengals would be wise to find another receiving TE.  The current two are marginal as receivers.

I think Uzomah has shown the ability to get up the field.  A better pass from Andy and he would have had a TD vs. Miami. He does need to do a better job of holding on through contact, but he's shown promise I think.  With that being said, if a good TE falls to us in the draft I'd be more than happy if we drafted him.  I'm just hoping we can find a good center.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I saw a mock draft this morning that had us taking Jake Butt.  I think I'd have to consider it at this point. 

I think Uzomah has been decent, but agree his hands need work. That said a 2 TE set would be nice too. Or taking another good WR. Also need upgrades to the interior line.

I have a friend who is a big ND fan.  He said Eifert had a back injury as a freshman that was pretty serious.  I don't know if this injury is related in any way or not, but I think we should at the least temper our expectations of getting a lot out of him in the near future until he is actually on the field.

It was a bulging disk that he had surgery on. On one hand I don't want to worry about that all that much because he was pretty much a beanpole at 6'5 hovering around 215-220 in high school and probably just hurt it lifting weights trying to put on mass. From what I saw on a ND message board though it was a non-contact injury where he was just running a route.

If I had to take a thoroughly wild guess its probably pretty minor but they want to rest it to make sure nothing flares up. At least I hope.

Draft Ingram or the TE from Alabama (name escapes me). Let Eifert finish out his rookie deal. Franchise him once. If he stays healthy through that pay him. If he doesn't and won't take a team friendly deal get your 3rd round comp pick and move on. If he stays healthy or takes a team friendly deal then you are absolutely stacked at TE . Put 2 very good TEs with AJ and that makes you pretty much unstoppable.

41 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Draft Ingram or the TE from Alabama (name escapes me). Let Eifert finish out his rookie deal. Franchise him once. If he stays healthy through that pay him. If he doesn't and won't take a team friendly deal get your 3rd round comp pick and move on. If he stays healthy or takes a team friendly deal then you are absolutely stacked at TE . Put 2 very good TEs with AJ and that makes you pretty much unstoppable.

You mean OJ Howard. He's a helluva athlete but not sure how good he will be as a pro. He can knife through traffic with the ball in his hands, though. He's a slasher. 

Funny story - they were selling "Our OJ only killed Clemson" t-shirts earlier this year.

On one hand I agree and on the other..you have to think about it..
The dude has been hurt every year..

He's had a freakish broken elbow and concussion/stingers before this ankle injury that was either misdiagnosed or tried to avoid surgery as a last ditch result and was a mistake. It's not like it's been dings and bruises or continued soft tissue injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's had a freakish broken elbow and concussion/stingers before this ankle injury that was either misdiagnosed or tried to avoid surgery as a last ditch result and was a mistake. It's not like it's been dings and bruises or continued soft tissue injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that they are freakish..but they happen every year..

And I want him here like really really badly... The dude is awesome when healthy..
Its just tough to count on someone that is always hurt.

He is probably the best player on offense after AJ and Andy when healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com

Yeah, first comment since 2012. I am a dedicated creeper on the forum though. Anyway, I listen to Ross Tucker's podcast and on Fridays he picks games. He commented "I dont think Tyler Eifert is going to play Sunday, I dont care what Marvin Lewis told me yesterday." 

I thought that was interesting enough to share.

You can't rely on a guy who constantly gets hurt even if they are freakish. It isn't an overreaction it is smart business. That's like not living in tornado alley then having 3 tornadoes hit you in 4 years and you just think oh well it won't happen much more because I don't live in a tornado alley.

4 hours ago, J. Lindsey said:

Yeah, first comment since 2012. I am a dedicated creeper on the forum though. Anyway, I listen to Ross Tucker's podcast and on Fridays he picks games. He commented "I dont think Tyler Eifert is going to play Sunday, I dont care what Marvin Lewis told me yesterday." 

thanks and he was right..

see in 2020..

6 hours ago, J. Lindsey said:

Interesting.   How reliable would you rate his information  ?

18 hours ago, J. Lindsey said:

11 hours ago, Numbers said:

Interesting.   How reliable would you rate his information  ?

Pretty reliable, I would say...

Tyler Eifert out for Cowboys game

Friday, October 7th 2016, 1:45 pm EDTFriday, October 7th 2016, 1:57 pm EDT
By Joe Danneman, Sports Anchor

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

CINCINNATI (FOX19) -

Tyler Eifert will not play in Sunday’s game in Dallas.

Eifert, listed on the team’s official injury report with back and ankle injuries, was ruled out on Friday.

A Pro Bowl tight end who led the Bengals in touchdowns in 2015, Eifert has yet to play a game this season following ankle surgery in May.

Archived