Tyler Eifert Update

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Oh right, he's won some SB's so everything he does is genius whereas if anyone else does the exact same thing without winning a SB it's stupid.  Sure, makes perfect sense.

When you have won multiple Super Bowls the NFL media will fawn all over you.  When you haven't won a single playoff game the same actions are viewed differently.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, that's just how it is.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

When you have won multiple Super Bowls the NFL media will fawn all over you.  When you haven't won a single playoff game the same actions are viewed differently.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, that's just how it is.

That's cool though, if the Bengals win a SB under Marvin, everything he's done will retroactively become genius as well. 

40 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Marvin consistently misinforms the media, it's part of his out dated strategy that doesn't take in social media into effect. 

Heard anything in regards to this just out of curiosity? At least anything you could share?

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

Marvin consistently misinforms the media, it's part of his out dated strategy that doesn't take in social media into effect. 

It is his way of boycotting the stupid media obligations that coaches have. I hate that the coaches are required to do press conferences. Almost no coaches say or tell anything except Rex Ryan but he's a fucking moron who wants the spotlight on himself. I don't expect Marvin to tell them anything, I don't want Marvin to tell them anything. In the rare moments that our crappy local media asks a good question, Marvin gives them a good answer. Marvin's national interviews are usually a lot more interesting because they ask more interesting questions and not just about an injury or specific player that he's not going to talk about.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

How many Super Bowls has Belicheat won?

I totally agree, although I would take it one step further... It's not even how many super bowls- how many PLAYOFF games has Belichick won? There is zero comparison whatsoever to what Belichick gets out of his players, and what Marvin gets out of his players. Marvin isn't even the stick Belichick uses to scrape dogshit off his boots.

35 minutes ago, big_dish said:

I totally agree, although I would take it one step further... It's not even how many super bowls- how many PLAYOFF games has Belichick won? There is zero comparison whatsoever to what Belichick gets out of his players, and what Marvin gets out of his players. Marvin isn't even the stick Belichick uses to scrape dogshit off his boots.

You're missing the point entirely, which is that dogshit is still dogshit no matter whose boots it's on.

9 hours ago, JC said:

Heard anything in regards to this just out of curiosity? At least anything you could share?

Most of it has already been reported, but I heard he got injured on the first route he ran in practice. He has a herniated disk, he's getting cortisone shots to see how his back responds, and if his back doesn't respond well to the shots he will get surgery and go on the IR for the year.

My personal opinion after hearing all of this is I don't expect him to play more than a few games this year if he plays at all, similar to JJ Watt. Back injuries are impossible to play with in the NFL because  you are getting hit in the back, trying to block, etc..every activity he does while on the field will put a lot of pressure on his back. He might come back for a few games but after the pounding his back is going to take he's going to shut it down and get surgery and I wouldn't blame if he did.

Eifert's got 1 year left on his rookie deal and he has to think about his long term future in the NFL, regardless of the pressure that Marvin is clearly trying to put on him to play through this injury. I feel bad for the guy, as frustrated as we fans are I can't imagine how frustrating it is for him. I've heard that MB likes Eifert but has serious concerns about his ability to stay healthy and rightfully so, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't stick around after the 2017 season.

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

But when Belicheat does it he's a genius...

Belicheat doesn't have a 0-7 record in the playoffs so he's able to get away certain things that Marvin can't. It happens at any job, if you have a salesman that consistently exceeds his budget he can get away with coming to work at 9:30 but the guy who is barely making budget or not making it better have his butt at work early.

The only thing Marvin and BB have in common is they have both been with the same team for over 13 years, however Marvin has kept his job because MB is loyal to a fault while BB has earned his tenure. I appreciate what Marvin has done for this franchise as a Bengals fan but Marvin isn't even close to BB when comes to being a HC.

10 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Most of it has already been reported, but I heard he got injured on the first route he ran in practice. He has a herniated disk, he's getting cortisone shots to see how his back responds, and if his back doesn't respond well to the shots he will get surgery and go on the IR for the year.

My personal opinion after hearing all of this is I don't expect him to play more than a few games this year if he plays at all, similar to JJ Watt. Back injuries are impossible to play with in the NFL because  you are getting hit in the back, trying to block, etc..every activity he does while on the field will put a lot of pressure on his back. He might come back for a few games but after the pounding his back is going to take he's going to shut it down and get surgery and I wouldn't blame if he did.

Eifert's got 1 year left on his rookie deal and he has to think about his long term future in the NFL, regardless of the pressure that Marvin is clearly trying to put on him to play through this injury. I feel bad for the guy, as frustrated as we fans are I can't imagine how frustrating it is for him. I've heard that MB likes Eifert but has serious concerns about his ability to stay healthy and rightfully so, it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't stick around after the 2017 season.

Damn. Thanks. Sounds just like what I read on the ND board I looked at. He had surgery on the herniated disk before his freshman year. Doesn't sound good.

6 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

I'm sure he will get out there but after 3 hours of pounding how will his back respond? I can't see him playing the whole season with this type of injury, but this is just my personal opinion and hopefully I am wrong.

Oh, I'm with you. A herniated disk and being asked to chip 300 LB defensive ends or take shots from safeties. They may be better off just strictly using him from the opposing 40 yard line to the end zone. Shitty situation.

Why do I feel like this is the dreaded "bone bruise" and that he's never gonna play this season?

Glad you said he may miss season. When I said insiders had mentioned it was more serious than team was letting on to .comments got nasty. I hope to hell my prediction of him playing in our next division game proves true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, TimKrumrieFan said:

Not concerned about this back injury. I'm concerned that he actually makes it through the season though.

He'd first have to take part in the season before he can make it through it.  Starting to wonder if that's going to happen.

17 hours ago, T-Dub said:

You're missing the point entirely, which is that dogshit is still dogshit no matter whose boots it's on.

no clue what that is even supposed to mean or how it pertains to Marvins terrible coaching record compared to Bills.

Archived