Beer Thread

JC

Think we had one of these way back when. My palate is much more distinguished at this point graduating from Natural Ice to fine IPA's and Porters. What are you feeling currently/suggestions.

I love Marzen's. This is obviously my season. I have been trying to taste all the different ones opposed to just Sam Adams, which is still GOAT to me. Other than that I've really liked Great Lakes Oktoberfest and Atom Smasher by Two Brothers Brewing Company. Big porter guy as well. Was on a huge IPA kick before. For any guys in the southwest Ohio region, Warped Wing has some incredible IPA's. Gamma Bomb being my favorite (and will make you feel just right after a four pack). Marzen season is almost over and I'm looking to keep expanding. I usually go on a Belgian Ale kick during the spring/summer. I just don't know what to drink during the Winter.

3 hours ago, JC said:

Think we had one of these way back when. My palate is much more distinguished at this point graduating from Natural Ice to fine IPA's and Porters. What are you feeling currently/suggestions.

I love Marzen's. This is obviously my season. I have been trying to taste all the different ones opposed to just Sam Adams, which is still GOAT to me. Other than that I've really liked Great Lakes Oktoberfest and Atom Smasher by Two Brothers Brewing Company. Big porter guy as well. Was on a huge IPA kick before. For any guys in the southwest Ohio region, Warped Wing has some incredible IPA's. Gamma Bomb being my favorite (and will make you feel just right after a four pack). Marzen season is almost over and I'm looking to keep expanding. I usually go on a Belgian Ale kick during the spring/summer. I just don't know what to drink during the Winter.

Stouts and porters are what I lean towards during the colder months. 

I imagine I will definitely be going that way. I've never found a stout I love. I'll have a Guiness every once in awhile but I always have trouble finishing it unless it's a Irish Car Bomb (which I just learned was incredibly offensive name. Almost ordered one at an irish pub in Chicago, glad I didn't.). Any suggestions? Warped Wing over here has a stout that's supposed to be really good but I don't think I loved it the last time I had it. I'll give it another try the next time I'm down that way.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, that looks baller. I bet that one was good.

I'm starting to realize how much I was missing the winter stouts and porters because of over-obsessing on fall marzens. I love, love, love Black Butte XXVIII by Deschutes Brewing. If you can get some of that, please do.

There's a place around here selling tickets for a special tasting of Sam Adams Utopia. 15 bucks a ticket for 2 ounces. I really want to try it, but I just drink too fast and I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to enjoy it. There was a distributor around here not long ago selling bottles for $150-200, but I didn't pull the trigger. Anyone have any experience with it?

• 1 month later...

I've seen that stuff around. Any good? Love supporting local breweries.

Picked up a sixer of Thunder Snow by Madtree and it is really good. Fat Head's Pimp My Sleigh Holly Jolly was not that great. Had Pimp my Sleigh last year and it was pretty good.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:30 PM, JC said:

Picked up a sixer of Thunder Snow by Madtree and it is really good. 

I like their Gnarly Brown, mostly for cooking but I'm not going to let the rest go to waste.  Their beers that I've tried, including the brown, all seem kinda sweet with an overly syrup-y body. Have not tried the Thundersnow. 

• 3 months later...

Archived