There was nothing but ugly in this game

Oline was bad, Ced is not good, Bodine is awful and Zeitler has regressed

Dline nobody other than Dunlap did much of anything

Our WRs are bad, leaving Green getting double teams

D coulnt stop the run ...like baaaaddd

Playcalling was uninspiried

yay garbage time scores

one of the worst games we've played in a very long time

Coaching of these players need to improve like yesterday. 

Personnel changes on the field shouldn't have led to the regression we see all over. In the few areas we experienced turnover, we should have been able to coach guys up better than this.

As they currently are playing, this team doesn't belong in the post season.

Next week will be pretty telling. Do they bounce back or keep playing stagnant. Looks like a team that will be fighting for that number six wildcard spot having to rely on tiebreakers.

1 minute ago, JC said:

Next week will be pretty telling. Do they bounce back or keep playing stagnant. Looks like a team that will be fighting for that number six wildcard spot having to rely on tiebreakers.

Next week will be embarrassing 

1 minute ago, JC said:

Tom Brady = we dead 

2 minutes ago, B.A.B. said:

Next week will be embarrassing 

worse than this shit?

I think I'm going to take my own advice and go outside to yell at some clouds.

Our entire offensive line was raped.   The defense was shot full of holes.   We didn't even get the common courtesy of a reach around.   On to New England.   At this pace we should be able to apply for disability at the end of next Sunday... 

Dunlap, Dalton, Green, and LaFell played a good game. Outside of that it was a total embarrassment. It makes you wonder if the team has tuned Marvin out or they not as talented as they think they are.

So far they have only beaten two of the worst teams in the NFL. A team with a veteran QB that won 12 games last year shouldn't be this bad.

This team is getting worse and not competing vs the top teams in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Numbers said:

I think I'm going to take my own advice and go outside to yell at some clouds.

The way things are going you'll probably get hit by a meteorite.

The icing on my day's cake was I opened my online bank account to take a look-see and found out I was overcharged $115 for dinner last night.  Called and it will be straightened out but glad I caught it when I did.

As for the game... this is one of those that sticks with you and is hard to shake.  I recall other games where they seemed to be lackadaisical and going through the motions chalking up a W before the opening kickoff and just killing time until they could go clubbin' and boink jock sniffers after the game.  Like losing to Cleveland and one where Miami came back in the last couple minutes to pull out a W at Paul Brown Wept Stadium.

This one... they were never in it from the kickoff.  Overwhelmed, out played and grossly out coached at all levels.  Like waking up with the mad wolf ugly girl and realizing what you had and rather chew off your arm than wake her up.  Secondary now old (Pac) and inept.  The offensive line one of the worse Bengal O lines ever. Etc. Anyway, hard to get over this one.

Yeah, I am and have been for a long time big on replacing Marvin.  He has had more than enough time and more of a chance to do anything with this team other than spouting cliches with "we made X straight playoffs" as his mantra.  But if he goes, who will replace him?  Right now would the cure be worse than the disease.  I also said in the game day thread that I think Marvin is the ref's bitch and they don't even bother to call penalties because they know he won't say anything.  His time has passed.

Whatever... on to New England to play the Brady Bunch.  And do not overlook Cleveland.

Said it in the gameday thread and will repeat it here, turned out that a few garbage scores don't hide the fact that this was the worst performance since week 17 of 1998, almost 20 years!  Now that's saying something, ugh...

Look at the first 3 draft choices for the last 5 years and you will find the answer to the question "What is wrong with the Bengals?"    We have been losing quality players to FA and age and replacing them with sub par replacements.  

Other than RB, we haven't upgraded any position and in most cases have gotten worse.

Hall, Newsome and even Crocker were a better lineup than what we have now. 

Gresham missed  6 games in 5 years, Eifert 26 in 4 years. 

Andre Smith is far superior to whatever the fuck played today.  Horrid display.  The other guy is still watching Whit get flagged for holding because he isn't good.

Is Zeitler better than Bobbie Williams before he got old?  No.

Burfict is the only quality starter other than Gio we have added to this roster in years,...and he was an UDFA!!!

Boyd won't be better than Jones,  just don't see it.  LaFell is decent BUT not drafted.

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Look at the first 3 draft choices for the last 5 years and you will find the answer to the question "What is wrong with the Bengals?"    We have been losing quality players to FA and age and replacing them with sub par replacements.  

Other than RB, we haven't upgraded any position and in most cases have gotten worse.

Hall, Newsome and even Crocker were a better lineup than what we have now. 

Gresham missed  6 games in 5 years, Eifert 26 in 4 years. 

Andre Smith is far superior to whatever the fuck played today.  Horrid display.  The other guy is still watching Whit get flagged for holding because he isn't good.

Is Zeitler better than Bobbie Williams before he got old?  No.

Burfict is the only quality starter other than Gio we have added to this roster in years,...and he was an UDFA!!!

Boyd won't be better than Jones,  just don't see it.  LaFell is decent BUT not drafted.

Burfict has shown me zero in the past 2 games.  

Archived