The Ugly, The Ugly, and the Ugly - Cowboys

Green played great. Most of those throws were incorrectly placed. Geno Atkins is fine .he'll have his day in New England. Adam Jones and Micheal Johnson are killing us. Teams immediately come out and attack their side of the defense. Don't be surprised if Brady tests Adam Jones with a deep ball early on. Smith Alex is playing to conservative. Boyd is getting absolutely zilch of separation. Eifert is only good for six games a year. Man does this front line miss Reggie Nelson giving them that extra millisecond during the pass rush. Dunlap is definitely missing Reggie. This team is suffering from 6 years of " Playoff Talent Bleed" . Every time we made the playoffs. Talent was lost to free agency . That pace is unsustainable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green played great. Most of those throws were incorrectly placed. Geno Atkins is fine .he'll have his day in New England. Adam Jones and Micheal Johnson are killing us. Teams immediately come out and attack their side of the defense. Don't be surprised if Brady tests Adam Jones with a deep ball early on. Smith Alex is playing to conservative. Boyd is getting absolutely zilch of separation. Eifert is only good for six games a year. Man does this front line miss Reggie Nelson giving them that extra millisecond during the pass rush. Dunlap is definitely missing Reggie. This team is suffering from 6 years of " Playoff Talent Bleed" . Every time we made the playoffs. Talent was lost to free agency . That pace of talent Loss is unsustainable

The ugliest thing about yesterday was that it was like watching a game coached by Bratkowski and Bresnehan again.  I think we might be starting to see why Zampese wasn't given the reins long ago, the guy simply doesn't have the mind for it.  I mean, we've had coaches that run trick plays at the wrong time, even Hue, but good lord yesterday we're marching down on our first series and trying to tie a game and all of a sudden he pulls out a stupid trick play and it's -3 yards and we can't recover.  Sure it doesn't help that the o-line is barely scraping by on pass plays and getting demolished on runs, but there's a time and place for everything and Zamp seems to choose the wrong thing at the worst times.

And don't ask me what happened with the defense, it seems teams are simply learning where we're weak and exploiting it, and we have no answer of any kind.  It totally feels like a (directly) Marvin-influenced team again.

The Bengals have responded to the Wild Card loss by appearing to attempt to play NFL games as emotionless robots. That won't work. I blame Marvin for setting this tone, in general. It is the wrong response to what happened. You can't play games at this level without emotion and win. More often, you will get completely run over. Like yesterday. Or the 4th quarter against Denver. Etc. 

41 minutes ago, membengal said:

The Bengals have responded to the Wild Card loss by appearing to attempt to play NFL games as emotionless robots. That won't work. I blame Marvin for setting this tone, in general. It is the wrong response to what happened. You can't play games at this level without emotion and win. More often, you will get completely run over. Like yesterday. Or the 4th quarter against Denver. Etc. 

I think there's something to this.  We need that old Raiders/Madden attitude.  Other than 1-2 guys this is a team of practical Boy Scouts yet we're still stuck with this "thug" label.  Might as well embrace it and fuck some people up. 

All I know is when they were pissing off the talking heads by playing with intensity, that, say, the Stealers are allowed to play with, they had that edge. At the moment, they look like they are going throgh the motions only. Won't work. Isn't working. No surprise they are getting mauled at the lines, etc. A lot of this at this level is attitude. They are playing with none right now. Easy way to go 6-10 if this continues. 

Building on that thought - the guys on the team who played closest to that line (Burfict, Pac, maybe Hill) - all appear to have over-corrected in terms of on-field emotion in my view. Most glaring with Pac. Their play has not been very good (still early on Burfict but he sure wasn't ready yesterday). 

I just think Marvin pushed the wrong buttons in dealing with what happened and we are seeing that play out now. Whether Marvin himself sees it and will fix it, doubt it. But it's a real problem. 

Hell, Marvin basically had the entire team take off the pre-season. Very little pad work, very little hitting, very little time on the field in pre-season games. They just don't look ready yet. 

I agree with the talent drain issue.  It applies to players and coaches.  I'm not a big Hue fan, but add him to Zimmer and even Gruden.  Damned if Gruden isn't winning in DC.  That's almost as tough as Cleveland.  The replacements aren't getting it done.  Zampese and Guenther may need to be shown the door if things don't change this season.  Granted the talent given to each is suspect.  Zeitler, Ogbuehi, Bodine, Hill and LaFell aren't good enough on O.  Peko, Johnson, Maualuga, Williams and Jones aren't getting it done.  The two that bug me most are Peko and Maualuga.  They have been subpar for a long time, but don't get replaced.  Peko gets blown off the line by one man and Maualuga just looks clueless out there.  He just goes with the flow of the line and seems to have no clue as to where he should try to make a play.

10 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

The ugliest thing about yesterday was that it was like watching a game coached by Bratkowski and Bresnehan again.  I think we might be starting to see why Zampese wasn't given the reins long ago, the guy simply doesn't have the mind for it.  I mean, we've had coaches that run trick plays at the wrong time, even Hue, but good lord yesterday we're marching down on our first series and trying to tie a game and all of a sudden he pulls out a stupid trick play and it's -3 yards and we can't recover.  Sure it doesn't help that the o-line is barely scraping by on pass plays and getting demolished on runs, but there's a time and place for everything and Zamp seems to choose the wrong thing at the worst times.

And don't ask me what happened with the defense, it seems teams are simply learning where we're weak and exploiting it, and we have no answer of any kind.  It totally feels like a (directly) Marvin-influenced team again.

In all fairness, if Jeremy Hill could block a Safety, that would have been a decent run. He threw that block like he was a 180 lb. receiver, not a 230 lb. running back. Gio comes in on passing plays and is a better blocker... F'ing comical. Jeremy Hill is at best "just a guy". He just happens to be a guy who can't get 4 ypc or not fumble in the last two minutes when we're winning.

To be even fairer... Zampese kept calling plays expecting a man look... For the entire first half. FFS man. He figured out it was a zone look in the third, and Dallas' D-Coord changed up the look after 3 snaps. To say Zampese isn't fooling anyone is an understatement.

On defense... What the f***. No fire in the front 4, no communication, no gap control, and missed tackles.... Oh my lord, the missed tackles. I don't actually have a problem with the game Chunk called, he just needs players who can execute. We let them run WAY too easily, and we let Prescott keep his jersey clean. On the Ezekiel 60 yarder, half our damn defense followed Jason Whitten to the outside.

Our highest paid unit, the D-Line, was non-existent. You lose in the trenches, and you lose. That simple. I can't even be bothered to think about the other 7 guys behind them because the most important unit on the defense is god-awful.

And I'd like to single out Oogie-Boogie and Bodine, but the entire O-Line is getting beaten... I'd say like a drum, but at least a drum gets louder the harder you hit it. 

Frankly, with the way this team is playing, I'm afraid Trump is going to grab them like the Brazilian on a Slovenian fashion model. I say we set up a go fund me to buy them all some testicles.

Archived