The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Pats

This team looked much better until the safety today. Shit rolled downhill from there, but it looked a lot like last years team. If they don't self-destruct, this team could rip off every single last game.
Regardless, they beat the Bills and Baltimore X2, they will be the 5 or 6 seed. I'd wager our SOS has to be near or probably the highest in the NFL.

Wrong. Team looked good up until Dre the bust Kirkpatrick got called with a holding penalty after an incredible sack by Vontaze. What's with this team always screwing up after Vontaze pulls off a great play. Stutter step Jeremy hill pulled a boner after Vontaze interception in playoffs. Maybe Vontaze needs to call his own time out to calm the other clowns down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, snarkster said:

My whole post was sarcastic - basically reflecting my disgust with this team (especially the coaching staff)  and saying it's time to start looking ahead to other things.  No I don't think Zimmer is coming here.  Yes I believe it's time to ditch Lewis and yes, I think they can get a 1st at least for McCarron.  The reason they haven't dealt him yet you slobbering little dickweed is that he's still cheap, on his rookie contract and they want a solid backup for Dalton.  That is now longer the case once this season ends and for all intents and purposes, it ended today.

It has been time to ditch Lewis since the 2010, 4-12 Ocho-TO train wreck season.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, there is NO FUCKING reason we should have kept him after the Chargers playoff debacle.

Today was just more of the same, lose to a good team and look bad doing it.

5 hours ago, Jupiter Fan said:

That damn facemask was a disgrace, Blunt eye gouges Williams and a no call? 

Yeah that's when I turned it off, when dude actually picked up the flag. Totally agree about the spineless reaction but I'm not sure if that starts with Marvin or Mike the Redeemer upstairs.   That "nice guy" shit has no place at the table with the likes of Rooney, Jones, etc - you better sit with your back to the wall. 

I thought Burfict keeping cool enough to get the one flag was saintly on his part. Where was Marvin during all that, I wonder?

*clapclapclap*

Ugly - The pats and their fanbase giving the stealers a run for their money at being the biggest douchebags in the league. I'm waiting for somebody in the media to bring attention to their behavior at the end of the game, but it will just be seen as swagger. Kind of like stiller footbawwwl!

Good: It looks like the stealers are forfeiting the pats game next week by putting jen under the knife, laser, whatever. So they'll have an excuse. So we should pick up a game on them. We still have a good shot at this crappy division.

16 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

Im sorry but Refs did change this game. BS calls extending Patriots drives on 4 occasions. BS Holding on Ogbuehi led to the safety.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

They did change the game especially the bs holding call on Ced. That was a chance to go up 2 scores instead turns into 2 points for them and gives them possession. The call on Dre was def ticky tack but was technicallya penalty. One the Bengals obviously wouldn't of recieved as evidenced by all the blatant holds and pi calls that weren't called for Green like having arm held in end zone or the egregious no call on LaFell when tge Pats db basically head butted LaFell in chest never turned around for ball and bssically molested him with no call. Yes it was a poorly and late thrown ball by Dalton but was without question 100% catchable but of course no call. That being said that's not the main reason they lost. Good teams with good coaching overcome those things. Their dline was out of steam lbs couldnt cover backs or tight ends ti save their life and Brady took em to school. Some of it's coaching like Guenther allowing Dansby to cover backs speedy wr and even tight ends which I thought was his strong point man to man after he failed miserably early and repeatedly. They even ran the same exact play from same part of field twice and he was beaten when he lined up before ball was even snapped both times which should never happen terrible on his and coaching part. Other bad calls by coaching contributed but it falls on the players. They made mistakes got beat and without any good adjustments Brady picking them apart changed the whole dynamic of game that the offense could not answer. I mean they were up 14-10 5 min to go in 3rd qtr with possession and that turns into a 35-17 whacking. Things went downhill fast and without any turnovers just the safety. The Pats drove everytime and quickly. The calls and no calls contributed helped get the train rolling but it was 100% on players and coaches that couldn't get it stopped.

14 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

I feel disgusted for Atkins & Green . Two future hall of famers stuck in obscurity through their great careers. This has got to suck for them.

Atkins isn't a future hall of famer, lol.

And Atkins isn't doing shit this season...

I was travelling in MA and CT yesterday and listened to the game via the Patriots radio broadcast.  It was interesting to hear what they had to say about the Bengals.

Early in the game they were complimentary of the Bengals secondary.  They said they were quick and covering well.  They mentioned the Pats would have to change up their routes.  They did with great success.

They mentioned that Vontaze Burfict looked like he had "packed on some pounds."  I thought he looked big too.  I know he had a sack yesterday, but 4 tackles isn't up to his standard.  Is he fat?  Sure isn't flying around the field unless you count diving at the knee of Bennett.  He may be facing another suspension.

When the Bengals failed at 4th and 1 at the goal line their color guy said, "Way to be you Bengals, way to be you!"  It sucks, but he's right.

They were very complimentary of Dalton until the safety.  They ripped him for not getting rid of the ball.  They continued to rip  him the rest of the game for bad decisions.  

The color guy was a huge homer, but as much as I hated him he was pretty much on target.

The Ugly:

What has happened to our secondary? I had no idea they would struggle as much as they have. I knew we would miss Hall and Nelson, but I didn't expect this significant drop-off. I actually was hoping Dennard would be an upgrade.  The secondary as a whole is giving up huge plays and hasnt made any big plays. The TOs are not happening.  The communication in zone coverage is also a miss. 

Jones - clearly has lost a step and isn't making plays like last year. Even as PR guy he has been totally ineffective 

DreSwag - the penalties are brutal and he seems to be a couple steps behind. He is far from a lock down DB

Dennard - cant stay healthy and cant get on the field. the only time I recognized him yesterday was when he held the kickoff 

Iloka - lost in coverage and the angles he is taking in the open field are poor. he missed on gronk big time yesterday. 

Williams - wow...not even a factor five games in. This guys seems to be concerned about one thing and that is getting a big hit. His coverage is awful. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

I was travelling in MA and CT yesterday and listened to the game via the Patriots radio broadcast.  It was interesting to hear what they had to say about the Bengals.

Early in the game they were complimentary of the Bengals secondary.  They said they were quick and covering well.  They mentioned the Pats would have to change up their routes.  They did with great success.

They mentioned that Vontaze Burfict looked like he had "packed on some pounds."  I thought he looked big too.  I know he had a sack yesterday, but 4 tackles isn't up to his standard.  Is he fat?  Sure isn't flying around the field unless you count diving at the knee of Bennett.  He may be facing another suspension.

When the Bengals failed at 4th and 1 at the goal line their color guy said, "Way to be you Bengals, way to be you!"  It sucks, but he's right.

They were very complimentary of Dalton until the safety.  They ripped him for not getting rid of the ball.  They continued to rip  him the rest of the game for bad decisions.  

The color guy was a huge homer, but as much as I hated him he was pretty much on target.

Color guy is Scott Zolak - former Maryland QB and pro backup. Played for the Pats and now is on sports talk radio in Boston. 

Most comments I agree with, and yes, Andy should have gotten rid of the ball. But overall, I thought he played well in the game. One of the few who did. 

7 minutes ago, Sigfox09 said:

The Ugly:

What has happened to our secondary? I had no idea they would struggle as much as they have. I knew we would miss Hall and Nelson, but I didn't expect this significant drop-off. I actually was hoping Dennard would be an upgrade.  The secondary as a whole is giving up huge plays and hasnt made any big plays. The TOs are not happening.  The communication in zone coverage is also a miss. 

Jones - clearly has lost a step and isn't making plays like last year. Even as PR guy he has been totally ineffective 

DreSwag - the penalties are brutal and he seems to be a couple steps behind. He is far from a lock down DB

Dennard - cant stay healthy and cant get on the field. the only time I recognized him yesterday was when he held the kickoff 

Iloka - lost in coverage and the angles he is taking in the open field are poor. he missed on gronk big time yesterday. 

Williams - wow...not even a factor five games in. This guys seems to be concerned about one thing and that is getting a big hit. His coverage is awful. 

Dead on. Safety play, in particular, has been terrible. Shawn Williams looks lost out there - steps behind, and no catchup speed. Missed a lot of tackles, too... supposedly his strong suit. Most alarming to me has been Iloka. Not effective at all. 

I think Shaw has played well overall, although he struggled some yesterday. Brutal penalty on Dre but I think he's played pretty well over the first 6 games. Jones has been bad in most games. He played well vs. Stealers but has been badly beaten, too. Sanders (Denver), in particular, ate him up. 

When the refs are biased the entire contest is garbage.  This "still didn't play well enough to win" stuff is crap.   We did play well enough to win a fair game. Would we have won? IDK, maybe. This wasn't a fair game so who knows?  I do know it makes me feel like a mark for even bothering to tune in.  I suspect this kind of shit is why they are losing viewers, particularly in the prime time games where a lot of people watching don't have a strong rooting interest in either team & just want to see a good, fair game.  When the matchups are geared towards market size rather than quality teams and the NFL tries to force a narrative, we get neither.

31 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

When the refs are biased the entire contest is garbage.  This "still didn't play well enough to win" stuff is crap.   We did play well enough to win a fair game. Would we have won? IDK, maybe. This wasn't a fair game so who knows?  I do know it makes me feel like a mark for even bothering to tune in.  I suspect this kind of shit is why they are losing viewers.  

When they picked up the personal foul flag for Blount (?) reaching in under the face mask (I'm sure it was to shoo away a fly or extract an eyelash :rolleyes: ) I said "Yeeeeaaaaah, we're done here" and stopped watching. 

The PBS station here has a pretty good lineup on Sundays... 

3 minutes ago, Elflocko said:

When they picked up the personal foul flag for Blount (?) reaching in under the face mask (I'm sure it was to shoo away a fly or extract an eyelash :rolleyes: ) I said "Yeeeeaaaaah, we're done here" and stopped watching. 

Yeah, same. 

refs didnt do it.  the players did.  four downs to get in from basically the one and getting stuffed.  holding from a guy, quite honestly, who has gotten blown up all year (proof being he was benched) and the rest of the line, leading to a momentum changing safety, and the fact that A.J. had a couple of opportunities to make game changing play of his own, but didnt,  led to this outcome.  it shouldnt be a shock, they havent played well, in any game, let alone this one, all year.  Are the refs bad at times?  Yes.  However, what comes around goes around.  Bad calls happen to everyone.  Ill guarantee you this, if this nfl exists that some of you speak of, there's no doubt they didnt want the Stealers to lose to Dolphins.  This team is just bad.  Period.  Good news is, they have played some really good teams, so they have a chance cure what ails them over this second half stretch.  

The 4 shots from the goal line was ridiculous. What was that 3rd down call? Terrible. I like Bernard but if you're going to try a power run at the line, Wouldn't you want your power back to carry? I was begging for them to try a QB sneak and have Peko run up behind and push Dalton in. Where the fuck is Hewitt? Seriously anybody know? He played maybe 5 snaps total yesterday. Did he not sign an extension in the off season? Hewitt was a big part of the running game last year but nowhere to be seen so far this season.

The refs were not the reason Brady went 29 for 35 for 376 yards, 3 TDS and 0 ints.

Exactly. Reggie Nelson is doing for Oakland what he did here. Opposing quarterbacks hesitated throwing with him patrolling out there. That slight delay showed up in our sack count last season. Dunlap is nothing without the Reggie Nelson factor. That's why it's called team

Archived