F* the Bengals

21 hours ago, SF2 said:

So we get to resign a below average lineman cheap,...Hooray????

marvn the parvin needs to step down and honestly folks after 47 years of this,this team,this fanchrise,this organization are not seriously  worthy of our time,our comments,our hard earned cash,and certainly our time. I do not watch anymore, I sometimes listen if I am in the garage.I so despise marvin lewis for  not going after the officials.There were two horrible no-calls by the stinkin refs,the one on aj green in the end zone when he was grabbed before the ball was even close to him,the other was against number 27,he was taken to the ground by the receiver and was not called or even questioned by giggles.  FOLKS ITS NUTS,WE WILL NEVER WIN ANYTHING.THIS TEAM IS AWLFUL,WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO ALL TRAINING CAMP AND OUR COACHES ARE ONCE AGAIN OUTCOACHED AT HALFTIME,THANK YOU MARVIN LEWIS,MAY I HAVE ANOTHER.They are going to struggle to beat the brownies.,

ADAM JONES is over the hill and very bad with penaltities.Dre K.is simply horrible and gets a flag or two every game that costs us the game.He helped the pats win.This offense is awlful,the tightends do not want to block,i seriously believe they were BAD PICKS,DUKE TOBLIN.THE NEW RIGHT TACKLE IS AWLFUL AND WILL NEVER BE THAT GOOD IN SPITE OF WHAT WHIT SAYS. We really miss reggie nelson and he is playing at a high level.It no wonder,good players want to leave here,they know in their hearts that marvin is not going to take them anywhere and they want out of their division.ENOUGH SAID,I AM DONE.

The Bengals issues are simple yet difficult to fix due to the organization's culture:

-Holes on the coaching staff created over the past two years that were filled with lesser candidates
-Blind loyalty to coaches (Lewis, Hayes, Alexander, Zampese, etc)
-More loyalty, this time on the field, to players that should have been replaced as starters long ago (Maualuga, Peko, Bodine, etc)
-Free agent loss of starters that have not been replaced
-Poor drafting in the early rounds in key areas, specifically on the offensive line and CB

With players like Green, Dalton, Bernard, Dunlap, Burfict and Atkins it's premature to say this team is unsalvageable or in a full on rebuild but our fall from grace has been fairly rapid and clearly disheartening. I will agree with the crowd that says the turning point was letting Mike Zimmer leave. I think a change at coach to Zimmer with a move of Lewis to the office might have been what the team needed.

In an era of parity in the NFL, victory belongs to those who will push in the whole pile of chips when their hand is good. Granted, it's also the easiest way to fail...

It's catching up with the Bengals. They had a good streak of getting good players. Odds will always normalize however, and when they do...  So what you have is a team that spends under the top clubs, and fails to replace the weak links when the time is nigh. Brown/Lewis are just happy to steal the blinds when they're sitting on a flush.

I don't care that everyone and their grandma knew we were probably going to lose that game. Doesn't mean it's OK to play like that....  Freaking fuck the standards of some of the fans on here are as low as the floor. Did anyone think Wisconsin was Gon beat OSU? Did Wisconsin play like a bunch of pussies?

1 hour ago, Catfish Bob said:

I don't care that everyone and their grandma knew we were probably going to lose that game. Doesn't mean it's OK to play like that....  Freaking fuck the standards of some of the fans on here are as low as the floor. Did anyone think Wisconsin was Gon beat OSU? Did Wisconsin play like a bunch of pussies?

Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Bailey?

It's easy to  say what's wrong now. It's the ultimate arm chair quarterback time. But, to be fair, they did win 12 games last season, so no one, saw this poor start coming.  Further, they still have most of their key components left. As stated last week, boyd/lafell are on pace to best jones/sanu.  There are two key factors burdening this team in my opinion. One is Tyler eifert not playing. The second one is the loss of reggie nelson. The line has obviously be troublesome. But theven truth is, despite the constant clamoring from fans, it has be a solid unit, particularly in pass protection, the past few years. So again, no one saw 19 sacks through 6 games coming. I do think they will get their shit together starting this week.

11 hours ago, Rumble In the Jungle said:

Fuck the Bengals! I'm with Bob. I have zero hate towards Andy. Marvin has got to go and Zampeze sucks ass. Our O-line sucks ass. We miss Reggie Nelson for sure. This team isn't going anywhere. 

2002 called. They want their hopeless, chew-one's-arm-off, desperation back.

20 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

But truth is, despite the constant clamoring from fans, it has be a solid unit, particularly in pass protection, the past few years. 

No, they really weren't.  It's smoke and mirrors.  They have been shit at run blocking and only look good in pass pro because of Dalton's sub-3 second release time and the talent at WR/TE/RB affording him reliable outlets when pressured.  And just because he isn't sacked doesn't mean he hasn't been hit & harassed plenty.  He is constantly making throws under pressure & scrambling for 1st downs. No credit there, of course. Unfortunately people would rather talk about "Bad Andy" bullshit and complain about the lack of deep balls like the reason is some great mystery.  We have had shit at the center position since Rich fuckin Braham but hey closer to top 25 than bottom 2 right?  Let's line our OTs up in the slot because that's what solid OL's do in pass pro.  So creative.

On 10/17/2016 at 4:02 PM, Jamie_B said:

Yaaaasssss!!!

Same also goes for the Goodell wont let us win blamers.

Haha sure.  Hey let's play some high-stakes poker where I get to use monopoly money vs your cash.  What that's not fair? Quit whining, whiner! I will use real money when you prove you deserve it by winning the Big Games in which I will also blatantly cheat.  Problem?

It's simple:  If we're not playing a fair game, the outcome doesn't mean shit.

2 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Haha sure.  Hey let's play some high-stakes poker where I get to use monopoly money vs your cash.  What that's not fair? Quit whining, whiner! I will use real money when you prove you deserve it by winning the Big Games in which I will also blatantly cheat.  Problem?

It's simple:  If we're not playing a fair game, the outcome doesn't mean shit.

You know there is going to come a day where we actually do win a Superbowl, and you and those like you are going to have a hard time explaining how the league let us do it.

26 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

You know there is going to come a day where we actually do win a Superbowl, and you and those like you are going to have a hard time explaining how the league let us do it.

Yeah, Goodell is pretty universally hated at this point and they're starting to lose viewers.  I don't think the current WWESPNFL is sustainable.  Just need a big enough scandal to make them blow it up and clean house.  It's happened in all the other major pro sports leagues, the NFL is long overdue.  I thought the Ray Rice elevator tape shit came close.  Either that or we'll eventually be the media darlings like the early Carson/Chad teams and not blow it. I think the way all that went downhill has played a big part too, of course.  If you don't think we're the designated NFL whipping boy franchise at this point I'm not going to convince you otherwise.  Burfict deserves to be suspended, sure.  Nobody else in the entire league though just Burfict.  On account of all the parity.  Seriously man.

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

yep.  its actually hilarious reading it.  very hard to take serious.  its like the kids i work with.  They get caught with  5 stamp bags of heroin.....But, But But, the police shouldnt have searched me!  get real.  

15 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

yep.  its actually hilarious reading it.  very hard to take serious.  its like the kids i work with.  They get caught with  5 stamp bags of heroin.....But, But But, the police shouldnt have searched me!  get real.  

Protect the $heild

42 minutes ago, SouthPaw said:

Yes a multi-billion dollar business protecting their interests at the expense of fair play is exactly the same as heroin dealers.  Can't argue with that air-tight logic!

I assume you also think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, there are no Russian troops in Ukraine, and Mom & the cable guy were just wrestling.

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Yes a multi-billion dollar business protecting their interests at the expense of fair play is exactly the same as heroin dealers.  Can't argue with that air-tight logic!

I assume you also think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone, there are no Russian troops in Ukraine, and Mom & the cable guy were just wrestling.

exact same logic begin used.  nobody wants any accountability.  just blame it on someone else, instead of looking at the real reason shit has happened in the first place. The Cincinnati Bengals have sucked through 6 games.  Its nobody's fault but their own that they are 2-4 and staring at a must win against the hapless, but nerve racking, Cleveland Browns.   

1 minute ago, SouthPaw said:

exact same logic begin used.  nobody wants any accountability.  just blame it on someone else, instead of looking at the real reason shit has happened in the first place.

It must be reassuring to live in a reality where bad things only happen to people that deserve it.

On 10/17/2016 at 5:12 PM, RhodeIslandFan said:

AJ Green you are special. These New England sports channels and fans never complement any one from another team, but their crazy about you here. They said you'd fit the patriots way of not talking crap and just doing your job. You was our whole offense Sunday. My Hats off to youemoji41.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Patriot way of not talking crap? Lmao

You're weird

On 10/17/2016 at 5:03 PM, Catfish Bob said:

Freaking fuck the standards of some of the fans on here are as low as the floor. 

I believe you just started a thread predicting we would lose to the Browns, no?

12 hours ago, JC said:

I believe you just started a thread predicting we would lose to the Browns, no?

Yes. No one expected them to just compete with the Pats so why should I think they even have the slightest chance to beat the Browns?   The Browns at least seem to play with heart where the Bengals just look awful every game. Even the games they won they still looked bad and going from the stat sheet and eye test these are two even teams. One plays really hard and still loses while the other plays soft and looks terrible.

I hope they get it together and Santa brings us another post season game.....

However I won't be heart broken if the Browns win 27 -9, M.Lewis steps down Monday, we trade Dalton, Pacman and  Hill to whoever wants them.  We have a way better way cheaper QB just wasting away on the bench. It seems the Bengals consensus is too pay $100million to our 2nd round pick from 6 year ago from TCU who has not proved the ability to beat or even compete with top defenses. Trade those 3 for the best Center and Tackle we can get today. Start McPooter move Gio to #1 bring back Ced start those new O-linemen and roll the dice.

It would kinda be heart breaking to see Marv go out like that. Thats how my all time championship high school coach went out but he had already won more state rings than he had fingers.  That's how Fulmer went out at Tennessee and Tubby Smith at UK. The Bengals never make any moves I'm ready to see some players moved deals made and a new product this season but I know that won't happen. I know it sounds crazy but every season my mindset is what do we need to do to make the Super Bowl this season. Whatever it takes. If that mean breaking the hearts of some of the Dalton bandwagon train then so be it. Trade for the Linemen we need yesterday. The most important positions on the team it all starts up front. Dalton and Hill are the two best players we have that have trade value and we could replace from within and not go down in overall talent/skill.

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

While I'd agree there are a lot of similarities, I don't remember them running the weird Slot OT formations before Hue?

give or take.. even the same OC would add or subtract a thing or two..and dont get me wrong that stupid ass formation is so fucking stupid.... but the qb was drafted with an offense scheme in mind by gruden, hue knew he has 1-2 years if he looked good he could get back to fat paying HC gigs, so he kept it as well, hue just had the luxury of th best and healthiest supporting cast. 

the window is closing quickly and the open window has been wasted.

the defense is aging and losing peices, the offense is losing peices and health and youth(not as fast as defense obviously).

all because of one single limitation... marvin has no motivation to make that change, making the palyoffs and losing is still making the playoffs, and on a national stage, making the playoffs in cincinnati is like winning the superbowl every year compared to the teams history. 

its destroying our run game, the short safe conservative pussy ball absolutely kills the run game, same thing is happening here in denver with trevor at QB. i know he lit us up, but he hasnt lit up anyone else. 

Lebatard did a few minutes on how boring football is now with all of these QB's, he used trevor as the prime example as he had just come off a game where he threw 50 passes for 250 yards. he went on a rant about that syle of play for teams with a good defense is boring as hell to watch, tied with the game changing officiating like the no call on sherman against atlanta, etc, is killing viewers.

Saying people will still consume the product, they just flip games and watch red zone or just keep an eye on fantasy football, etc, but no one is just watching football anymore because 1/4 of the league is boring as hell to watch, and officials are deciding games in a negative way to support/promote superstars..

The argument is super valid, and makes me feel justified in my bitching the last 5+ years, but my biggest concern is that the nfl is headed towards being the NBA. fixed/rigged for superstar regular season to push ratings in the post season.. can you imagine a jacksonville vs indianapolis playoff game? ratings would be in the toilet, and the game probably wouldnt even sell out...

Archived