F* the Bengals

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

Lebatard did a few minutes on how boring football is now with all of these QB's, he used trevor as the prime example as he had just come off a game where he threw 50 passes for 250 yards. he went on a rant about that syle of play for teams with a good defense is boring as hell to watch, tied with the game changing officiating like the no call on sherman against atlanta, etc, is killing viewers.

I missed that, what happened?

I'm sure it was due to Burfict's history, though.  :ninja:

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

I missed that, what happened?

I'm sure it was due to Burfict's history, though.  :ninja:

seriously? its been all over everything...

4th and 10, atl down 2, Ryan throws deep to Julio Jones, sherman holds his arm down blatantly, jones tries to make one handed catch, doesnt, no call, would ahve been first and 10 on the SEA 35 yardline, that alone is a 52 yr foeldgoal to win it.. so theyd only need another 10 yards to win easy.. no call, came over...

1 minute ago, GoBengals said:

seriously? its been all over everything...

Man I avoid sports media like the plague other than a roughly 3-hour window on Sunday

4th and 10, atl down 2, Ryan throws deep to Julio Jones, sherman holds his arm down blatantly, jones tries to make one handed catch, doesnt, no call, would ahve been first and 10 on the SEA 35 yardline, that alone is a 52 yr foeldgoal to win it.. so theyd only need another 10 yards to win easy.. no call, came over...

Sounds familiar

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:

Lebatard did a few minutes on how boring football is now with all of these QB's, he used trevor as the prime example as he had just come off a game where he threw 50 passes for 250 yards. he went on a rant about that syle of play for teams with a good defense is boring as hell to watch, tied with the game changing officiating like the no call on sherman against atlanta, etc, is killing viewers.

Saying people will still consume the product, they just flip games and watch red zone or just keep an eye on fantasy football, etc, but no one is just watching football anymore because 1/4 of the league is boring as hell to watch, and officials are deciding games in a negative way to support/promote superstars..

The argument is super valid, and makes me feel justified in my bitching the last 5+ years, but my biggest concern is that the nfl is headed towards being the NBA. fixed/rigged for superstar regular season to push ratings in the post season.. can you imagine a jacksonville vs indianapolis playoff game? ratings would be in the toilet, and the game probably wouldnt even sell out...

Hot Damn, Go...you might just become a rifleman in my beloved Corps! 

I thought I was the only one who had been seeing the NBA morph over the years.

15 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

Yes. No one expected them to just compete with the Pats so why should I think they even have the slightest chance to beat the Browns?  

What? Seriously? Comparing the best team in the NFL to the only team without a win? Step back from the ledge my man.

2 hours ago, JC said:

What? Seriously? Comparing the best team in the NFL to the only team without a win? Step back from the ledge my man.

I'm just comparing because they one of the only teams that both have played. That is how I like to make my bets I look to see what teams they have played and how each one played against the opponent

give or take.. even the same OC would add or subtract a thing or two..and dont get me wrong that stupid ass formation is so fucking stupid.... but the qb was drafted with an offense scheme in mind by gruden, hue knew he has 1-2 years if he looked good he could get back to fat paying HC gigs, so he kept it as well, hue just had the luxury of th best and healthiest supporting cast. 

the window is closing quickly and the open window has been wasted.

the defense is aging and losing peices, the offense is losing peices and health and youth(not as fast as defense obviously).

all because of one single limitation... marvin has no motivation to make that change, making the palyoffs and losing is still making the playoffs, and on a national stage, making the playoffs in cincinnati is like winning the superbowl every year compared to the teams history. 

its destroying our run game, the short safe conservative pussy ball absolutely kills the run game, same thing is happening here in denver with trevor at QB. i know he lit us up, but he hasnt lit up anyone else. 

Saying people will still consume the product, they just flip games and watch red zone or just keep an eye on fantasy football, etc, but no one is just watching football anymore because 1/4 of the league is boring as hell to watch, and officials are deciding games in a negative way to support/promote superstars..

The argument is super valid, and makes me feel justified in my bitching the last 5+ years, but my biggest concern is that the nfl is headed towards being the NBA. fixed/rigged for superstar regular season to push ratings in the post season.. can you imagine a jacksonville vs indianapolis playoff game? ratings would be in the toilet, and the game probably wouldnt even sell out...

I totally agree with your QB comment. I've sarcastically called Dalton the second coming of Alex smith. All he does is dink and dunk 75% of his games. He refuses to risk throwing deep

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Yup, yup and yup, but with Big Ben out for the season. Alex Smith could put us in the playoffs emoji41.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like he has every single year of his career? But credit another injury to Big Jen, sure.

And...right on cue:

Benny throwing in practice (for what...it's a bye week). Looks to getting ready to start against the Rats in Week 9.

Willis Reed returns to save the day! Like this wasn't NFL drama predictable. Clear the decks...the Favored Ones return! 

And...right on cue:

Benny throwing in practice (for what...it's a bye week). Looks to getting ready to start against the Rats in Week 9.

Willis Reed returns to save the day! Like this wasn't NFL drama predictable. Clear the decks...the Favored Ones return! 

He's bluffing. That knee is shot. Stealers want teams blowing their time game planning for him. I just hope Lewis doesn't bite

2 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

A torn meniscus does not "shoot" a knee, unfortunately in this case. He'll put on the same brace he had on last year, and heroically--battered and bruised--lead the Favored Ones to victory. 

Like I said, right on the NFL's cue.

Torn Meniscus could be a while or could be a short time.   Could be another reason to hold a candle light vigil for Ben.   Guess we'll just have to change the people who write the script. 

A torn meniscus does not "shoot" a knee, unfortunately in this case. He'll put on the same brace he had on last year, and heroically--battered and bruised--lead the Favored Ones to victory. 
Like I said, right on the NFL's cue.

As much as we Bengals fans would like to see Big Ben as Godzilla. The big dummy blew out the same exact knee as last season. Stealers can PR this shit all they'd like but that big fool ain't coming back this season. Their not going to risk their franchise quarterback.

As much as we Bengals fans would like to see Big Ben as Godzilla. The big dummy blew out the same exact knee as last season. Stealers can PR this shit all they'd like but that big fool ain't coming back this season. Their not going to risk their franchise quarterback. We need to seize this opportunity and win in London. Apparently no team has gone on to the playoffs that has won in London. We have a shot at first place with a win. Washingtons big tight end has been activated and that running back is a beast. It's Time for our defense to finally show up and stop the running game.

As much as we Bengals fans would like to see Big Ben as Godzilla. The big dummy blew out the same exact knee as last season. Stealers can PR this shit all they'd like but that big fool ain't coming back this season. Their not going to risk their franchise quarterback.

He will probably play next week vs the Ravens

Sent from my XT1254 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

He will probably play next week vs the Ravens

Sent from my XT1254 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

I was going to save this response for a. I told you so, but I couldn't resist. Nope Godzilla ain't coming back for the rat birds, and if he does it's in limited capacity. Bengals are the only team in week 8 with a healthy 53 man rooster. This is our moment to strike at the division. Seize the moment as Winston Churchill would say( I thought that was fitting seeing that we are playing in Europe)

Archived