The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Browns game 1

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

"Randy Dalton!"

Lol. And that Bengal-hating Tasker--who still isn't over that January 1989 beat down he took in Riverfront--always with the "if you watch here, the Browns continue to demonstrate the ability to jam the line and stop the run". One play later, a 75-yard TD run occurs. Crickets from Old Steve.

18 hours ago, Dr Tarzan said:

The beautiful:

Emily Van Hoose....physically handicapped but still belts out the best anthem ever.

Leah Still-- cameo at the game and great ...still fighting the good fight...

Small correction.  It's Marlana, not Emily.   

21 hours ago, Numbers said:

Was it on the sidelines or in the game  ?  I must have missed something. 

12242201_G.jpg

As far as missing something, I missed a lot and didn't realize it until I read the game day thread.  Like, I did not realize Cleveland's fist quarterback was knocked out Huckleberry Hogan was the replacement.  I saw the first guy (come and go so fast there you can't keep them straight) take a hellacious legal hit from Margus after releasing the ball.  Is that what put him out?

Also did not realize Ogbuhi was benched in the second quarter.  Sad.  I still vote for that guy was far more damaged when we drafted him than we realized and wasted a first round pick.

I'm not quite ready to call Ced a bust yet. Remember DeCastro looked pretty bad his first year, and for all intents and purposes this is Ced's first year.
But my God is he bad right now.

They should just bench him until he proves he's ready, he's been getting beat in practice all year. He can't be better than Fischer at this point of his career, not sure why they keep putting him out there when he clearly isn't worthy of starting.

The guy is going to get Dalton killed just to prove a point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

1 hour ago, PatternMaster said:

They should just bench him until he proves he's ready, he's been getting beat in practice all year. He can't be better than Fischer at this point of his career, not sure why they keep putting him out there when he clearly isn't worthy of starting.

The guy is going to get Dalton killed just to prove a point.

IMO he needs the snaps, I think is issues are with the speed of the game. But I wouldn't put him in against better competition, let Winston start against teams that have good DEs and let him start against the bad ones.

On 10/24/2016 at 8:49 PM, Jamie_B said:

IMO he needs the snaps, I think is issues are with the speed of the game. But I wouldn't put him in against better competition, let Winston start against teams that have good DEs and let him start against the bad ones.

Ced has admitted he needs to add about 15 pounds of muscle but won't be able to do so until the offseason, therefore if he thinks he too weak to hold up to the the bull rush and opponents know this why put them out there?

I understand the need to develop him and all that jazz but risking the health of the franchise QB, his confidence, and the success of the team doesn't take priority over the development of one player. Especially when you have capable players at the same position that can do a better job. 

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Ced has admitted he needs to add about 15 pounds of muscle but won't be able to do so until the offseason, therefore if he thinks he too weak to hold up to the the bull rush and opponents know this why put them out there?

I understand the need to develop him and all that jazz but risking the health of the franchise QB, his confidence, and the success of the team doesn't take priority over the development of one player. Especially when you have capable players at the same position that can do a better job. 

I must have missed where he said he needs more weight? I hope that's all it is. But didn't he have this offseason to do that? I mean I know last offseason he was hurt so he couldnt have the Strength program that he would get at the NFL level, but this offseason he should have.

On 10/23/2016 at 5:20 PM, Jason said:

It was a real live catch for 9 yards.

Thanks to GoSkins in another thread.   Tyler Eifert:  "He recorded just one catch on two targets for nine yards in 15 snaps..."

He was targeted twice.   Guess I missed the other target too.    I usually pay closer attention than that. 

3 hours ago, Numbers said:

Thanks to GoSkins in another thread.   Tyler Eifert:  "He recorded just one catch on two targets for nine yards in 15 snaps..."

He was targeted twice.   Guess I missed the other target too.    I usually pay closer attention than that. 

Eifert running down the seam, covered, Dalton threw it low and a little behind him, if I remember correctly...

I must have missed where he said he needs more weight? I hope that's all it is. But didn't he have this offseason to do that? I mean I know last offseason he was hurt so he couldnt have the Strength program that he would get at the NFL level, but this offseason he should have.

http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/360?itemUri=1341131871/101015912151014128113103154210

Got it thanks. Any idea if he put on any extra size this offseason?

No idea but because he was hurt and he's young it's probably harder for him to add weight. Young guys have a high metabolism once he gets older and can hopefully stay healthy he should be able to add weight and strength, which he desperately needs.

Archived