I love Mike Nugent...lol SNF

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

What does SNF mean?

Originally wondered the same thing, but then Sunday Night Football just hit me.  It was a crappy game between the Seahawks and Cardinals and ended in a 6-6 tie after O/T, and there were 3 missed field goals in the game.  Hence the context of the original post regarding kickers including Nuge.

On 10/24/2016 at 7:08 PM, High School Harry said:

But how many games has he actually lost?  Last Sunday IF A.J. had not made the Holy Mary catch in the end zone AND IF Jeremy Hill had not made the 74 yard run (can assume some breakdown with the Browns D) it would have been a tie game and Nugent's field goal misses would have been monumental.  But it didn't so moot point.  Simply stated, his career is winding down.  Time to give some serous thought to a replacement.

That guy we had in while he was injured a few years ago, name escapes me, but I would've pulled the trigger then.  Dude seemed at least as good and IIRC would've saved us a franchise tag.  Stronger leg, too.

Loyalty is great & all but after watching players leave in free agency to the highest bidder & assistant coaches jump ship at the first opportunity, it seems a little misplaced here.

On 10/26/2016 at 7:42 PM, T-Dub said:

That guy we had in while he was injured a few years ago, name escapes me, but I would've pulled the trigger then.  Dude seemed at least as good and IIRC would've saved us a franchise tag.  Stronger leg, too.

Loyalty is great & all but after watching players leave in free agency to the highest bidder & assistant coaches jump ship at the first opportunity, it seems a little misplaced here.

Pretty sure that guy was Josh Brown. I think he's available right now and conveniently already wearing stripes.

I absolutely hate watching other teams kickers come on to the field and confidently nail 90% of their kicks under 60 yards, yet I am awarded a heart attack every time Nugent's foot touches the football regardless of distance.

He's family bro. This team knows he sucks, but family watches out and supports family. Kinda like Lewis still being here. You can't take the child back after their adoption. Well you could but you'd have to be a douche bag. Undisciplined mediocre players can make millions in Cincinnati

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be hard on Nuge as well except I've seen some pretty good kickers miss some improtant kicks this year.  Janikowski almost lost the game for the Raiders.  Seems like moving the PAT back is playing with alot of kicker's heads and it's effecting their FG too.    I like the "no longer automatic" kick, but I like it better when it's an opponent...

I would be hard on Nuge as well except I've seen some pretty good kickers miss some improtant kicks this year.  Janikowski almost lost the game for the Raiders.  Seems like moving the PAT back is playing with alot of kicker's heads and it's effecting their FG too.    I like the "no longer automatic" kick, but I like it better when it's an opponent...

Like I'd said in an earlier post on this Nugent conundrum. You could pull a kid off the streets that can kick 36 yards for a lot less than the million plus Nugent is getting. If he kicks 10 times a game. It's basically $10,000 an attempt. There's no excuse. Not even the 5 yard extension.

16 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

1. That miss decided our season.   2. What would you define a strong finish 3. on a losing team

1. No, how our defense plays the rest of the way will decide our season (assuming the offense continues to play well and stay healthy).

2. A strong finish means not missing another kick (under 55 yards - not that he will get many chances beyond 52).  Including making a couple from 50+

3. While the playoffs don't look likely at this point, I still think there is a good chance they finish above .500.

5 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

1. Our defense is in disarray and beyond repair
2. If you mean not pinching your nose every time he steps onto the field. That's not going away for most of us
3. I'll buy the .500 that's doable but just barely

actually, with the tie and unless we tie again.....a .500 record is absolutely, mathematically impossible.  We are either gonna be above or below the equator on Jan 1.

Archived