I love Mike Nugent...lol SNF

1 hour ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Nugent's a emoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.pngemoji884.png, that's a turkey for every game I've seen him blow a kick that he should have made. Ugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But how many games has he actually lost?  Last Sunday IF A.J. had not made the Holy Mary catch in the end zone AND IF Jeremy Hill had not made the 74 yard run (can assume some breakdown with the Browns D) it would have been a tie game and Nugent's field goal misses would have been monumental.  But it didn't so moot point.  Simply stated, his career is winding down.  Time to give some serous thought to a replacement.

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

But how many games has he actually lost?  Last Sunday IF A.J. had not made the Holy Mary catch in the end zone AND IF Jeremy Hill had not made the 74 yard run (can assume some breakdown with the Browns D) it would have been a tie game and Nugent's field goal misses would have been monumental.  But it didn't so moot point.  Simply stated, his career is winding down.  Time to give some serous thought to a replacement.

He probably has another 5 years left, as long as he doesn't get any worse.

11 hours ago, FulcherVulcher33 said:

His depth on kickoffs leaves something to be desired too

I think this goes back to scheme, rather than ability. Until the other day, I had not realized the NFL had made yet another kickoff rule: touch backs come out to the 25, rather than to the 20. Simmons may be attempting to lure the returner out of the end zone with shorter kicks, and thus have coverage contain the return behind the 20. It is really the only explanation for me: as I have seen Nuge routinely bury kicks to the back of the end zone last year and this year. 

17 hours ago, High School Harry said:

AND IF my aunt had testicles she would be my uncle. 

As a Bengal, in the last 2 minutes of Q4 through the end of OT, Nugent is 14 of 15 on FGs (and a couple of those were 50+).
His record is pretty good when they matter most.

Agree with others that every kick matters. Fwiw though, he came into the year with a 91% rate on 4th Qtr kicks

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I think this goes back to scheme, rather than ability. Until the other day, I had not realized the NFL had made yet another kickoff rule: touch backs come out to the 25, rather than to the 20. Simmons may be attempting to lure the returner out of the end zone with shorter kicks, and thus have coverage contain the return behind the 20. It is really the only explanation for me: as I have seen Nuge routinely bury kicks to the back of the end zone last year and this year. 

Agreed. New England intentionally kicks off short in most situations for this very reason. I also know Darrin Simmons is a fan of this strategy. Shayne Graham's sister used to post on a board I frequented and said short kicks by Graham in those days weren't due to leg strength but intentional due to plan. I think Nugent is slightly below average at best which is not a ringing endorsement. The guy doesn't have the actual length strength to make 45 + yard field goals on even a semi-regular basis. 

2 hours ago, High School Harry said:

AND IF Vintage Burdock was a Squeeler, he would be headed to the Hall of Fame.

He would be targeted by the league just the same.  He does asshole ish shit. No different than when Harrison was targeted years back for doing asshole ish shit. The only time I stick up for burfict is when I hear asshole Steeler fans around me say shit about the way he plays.  That's hypocritical. Otherwise, he has earned his target with the league. Seemed to stay within the lines on Sunday, hope it continues because this team needs him. 

2 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

He would be targeted by the league just the same.  He does asshole ish shit. No different than when Harrison was targeted years back for doing asshole ish shit. The only time I stick up for burfict is when I hear asshole Steeler fans around me say shit about the way he plays.  That's hypocritical. Otherwise, he has earned his target with the league. Seemed to stay within the lines on Sunday, hope it continues because this team needs him. 

OT for this thread but I have been thinking about Burdock and Pac this Sunday morning when, as some English guy said, "all the world's a stage"... 

Could be fun.... 

2 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Actually that's pretty awesome 10 years is a nice long life in dog years. It tells me your a great owner emoji106.png

Thanks.  Actually he turns 11 in December, which is good for a Dane/Boxer mix.  We got him fixed at a year and a half at the suggestion of our vet in Florida because he is a large dog.  I think it was to let his growth plates develop.

Thanks.  Actually he turns 11 in December, which is good for a Dane/Boxer mix.  We got him fixed at a year and a half at the suggestion of our vet in Florida because he is a large dog.  I think it was to let his growth plates develop.

He's a lucky Dog. Some poor things end up with terrible owners. I tip my to you

Archived